Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Bazzill and Tsukineko Changes (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/bazzill-tsukineko-changes-592511/)

Bahb 09-29-2014 04:18 PM

Bazzill and Tsukineko Changes

While looking for Bazzill Canvas cardstock, a splurge I talked myself into, I found that Bazzill has sold to American Crafts, which might explain why I found Bazzill look-alike cardstock(with the Bazzill label) at Big Lots, 20 sheets for $5. The look was very much the same, in the package, but out of the package it was so lightweight and the textures so different I was saying to myself over and over, "You only get what you pay for!" and "There really is NO free lunch!"

While awaiting an "In Stock" sign for VersaFine ink pads, and pondering why there is such a sudden shortage across the web, I came across Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko website where they sell wholesale only. They have a "Where to Buy" button, but it just goes to a notice that the site is under construction. I assume the two have "joined forces".

ANY change in VersaFine ink would be about the worst news about stamping supplies I could possibly get. Do you have an alternative you think does the same great job on intricate images?

muscrat 09-29-2014 04:26 PM

I hope they don't change the quality of versa fine black onyx. Its my go to black ink because it stamps a crisp clean image!

dini 09-29-2014 05:15 PM

This info is from Tsukineko's LinkedIn page:

Quote:

"IMAGINE Crafts / Tsukineko features high-quality products from Tsukineko as well as IMAGINE Crafts own line of new, innovative products.

Over the years, you have come to expect and rely on high-quality products from Tsukineko. We introduced in the winter of 2012 the new American brand IMAGINE Crafts for additional creative innovations made with the same commitment to quality.

We understand your desire to create art that is beautiful, meaningful, and timeless. You can rely on IMAGINE Crafts / Tsukineko to manufacture the products you need to maximize your creative potential, whichever media you work in."

lylacfey 09-29-2014 09:53 PM

This has been a big subject for the past year in the scrapbooking world. AC is buying lots of companies. I forgot when AC took over Bazzill. I know it's been awhile. Tsukinecko's is my favorite ink brand. I hope the quality does not diminish.

If you have a favorite company for paper crafting that disappeared it's a good bet that AC bought them.

stamphappy1650 09-30-2014 06:35 AM

I noticed that the Bazzill paper sold at Michaels is not the same weight as what I bought at LSS. I would rather pay more and get the original product because the weight was perfect for me.

ChrisO 09-30-2014 07:05 AM

My LSS owner said she noticed a change in the Bazzill quality on her last order, so it may not just be the big box stores. Grrrr.....

stamphappy1650 09-30-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisO (Post 20767042)
My LSS owner said she noticed a change in the Bazzill quality on her last order, so it may not just be the big box stores. Grrrr.....

Oh no - why oh why do they have to change the quality :mad:

canada goose 09-30-2014 07:59 AM

Bazzill and Tsukineko Changes

Humm, Well I will have to ask some questions when we go south for the Winter as I shop at their store regularly. I also receive their newsletters and have not seen anything posted regarding this.

It seems unusual that such a company would sell a lesser quality paper and still have their name on it.I have to say I have not seen any difference between the Bazzill I buy in Canada regardless of where I purchase it. However I tend to have my favorite type of their paper, so perhaps all the papers are not made to different standards. Interesting.

imaginecrafts 09-30-2014 11:22 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm the Marketing Manager at IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko, and I wanted to clear up what might be a bit of confusion. IMAGINE Crafts distributes Tsukineko products; in addition, we also create and sell our own line of products. Your favorite Tsukineko products are completely unchanged by the launch of IMAGINE Crafts.

Also, please note our new website (which will be launched this year) will have consumer ordering available for US customers, so if there are products you can't find at your favorite craft stores, you'll be able to order them directly from us.

Thanks for your support of our products!

Naghma Husain

scrapbook4ever 09-30-2014 12:10 PM

My scrapbook store hasn't been able to get Bazzil in for months. The new company keeps saying "on backorder."

dini 09-30-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaginecrafts (Post 20767268)
Hi everyone,
I'm the Marketing Manager at IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko, and I wanted to clear up what might be a bit of confusion. IMAGINE Crafts distributes Tsukineko products; in addition, we also create and sell our own line of products. Your favorite Tsukineko products are completely unchanged by the launch of IMAGINE Crafts.

Also, please note our new website (which will be launched this year) will have consumer ordering available for US customers, so if there are products you can't find at your favorite craft stores, you'll be able to order them directly from us.

Thanks for your support of our products!

Naghma Husain

Thank you Naghma!

Illinois Marge 09-30-2014 01:50 PM

So nice to see a representative from a company comment directly to its customer / user base. Thanks Naghma!

Skippet 10-01-2014 06:48 AM

I guess it is time for me to start hoarding my Bazzill paper. I don't understand why if, as AC states, they don't intend to change the product they didn't just leave the manufacturing & distribution where it was. Now, once they have their version on the market, we will have to be looking closely to see if it is the "old" good stuff or the new. I had the same issue when Prismacolor changed their pencil manufacturing to outside the U.S. I still stalk e-Bay for the old Berol made in the USA pencils.