Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking baby shower favors-- i want something different!

ok-- so i'm in the last stages of my prego condition.. showers are being planned (even had a few already), but the one that means the most to me is coming up soon. I would like to do something really special as favors for my favorite guests-- and I want something truly unique and wonderful (as well as useful)!

For the holidays, I gave the people invited to this shower a silver picture frame with a poem about the baby in it, so pic frames are out. my nursey theme is rubber duckies (but I didn't do it all in duckies-- mostly greens, yellows, and pond-ish type things).

I have thought about mini bottles of lotions with a cute little poem, but that is a bout as far as I have gotten. SOOOOOOOOOO... help me out here... what are you thinking and if possible, provide a picture!

dh and I are big sports fans, if that info helps!

TIA!
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2006, 05:05 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

First, congratulations! I have an almost 7 yo DD who was born in March, I was not nearly as motivated as you are at this point! I recently did the por-top or fruit can thing for Christmas and it was a BIG hit. If you aren't familiar with these they are in one of the forums under fruit can. It's where you removethe bottom of a can that has a pop-top, clean, decorate and glue the bottom back on. You can fill it with any kind of favor (did candy and gift cards at Christmas) and the recipient pops open the top to see there favor. Lots of fun!! Hope this helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the suggestion-- I will pass it on to my shower hostess!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Here are a couple that serve double-duty:

(This one is more the party planner for invites) Pick up a bunch of white onesies - different sizes - and give them to all of the guests before the shower. I used them as the invite for the shower. I picked up a bunch of paint pens and $1 stamps (Michael's) and asked each of them to create a unique onesie for the mom-to-be and bring them to the party. I made up a quick poem and put the pens and onesie in a bag along with the party details. When the guests arrived, I collected their works-of-art and used them as decorations by hanging them from a mini clothesline with some of the big, old-fashion clothes pins. It was a great centerpiece and a great take-home gift for the mommy. The guest of honor used the onesies for her baby announcements, too. She took photos of the new baby in each person's onesie and sent them out with her cards. I think there is an online store or catalog that offers a set of six onesies with paint pens. I found it was cheaper to buy a pack and paint supplies at Walmart. Plus, the guests get to keep all the art supplies.

Another great favor is to make up a mixed cd of baby songs (i.e. Carol King's "Child of Mine," Rod Stewart's "Forever Young," Jimmy Buffet's "Little Miss Magic"). This is a cheap favor and you can play as background music during the party. One of my girlfriends did something similar with her announcements by making a photo montage of her new baby on a DVD.

The other favor is a plum baby food muffin recipe. One of my friend's made the muffins for refreshments and put together a goodie bag with the recipe and a jar of the baby food. Everyone loved it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I make 2 4 6 8 Boxes to put mini bottles of lotion in - I just crinkle the top, add some filler and pop the lotion in. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

for my step-daughters shower we did pampering kits and it was a huge hit! We stamped the bags with bubble queen, added facial (samples from Avon)... I can order you samples if you want.. they are usually about a dime a piece I don't remember what else we put in there, but it was all pampering stuff and also included a beautiful wash cloth/rag tied with pretty stamped ribbon.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 06:10 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the great ideas-- I will pass them on to my party hostess!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

What about getting mini rubber ducks and making smallish bars of glycerine (clear) soap with the duck inside? Of course it depends on the group but that could be fun.

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default decided on an idea...

ok, I think we narrowed down the ideas... we have decided to do an herbal bath mix in cello bags w/ topper and min lotion bottles with labels.

we will put the item in a paper diaper cutout (much like a cloth diaper), stamped of course, secure it with ribbon, and attach a note that says:

Thank you for joining us
To "Shower" the Soon-to-be- Mommy.
Enjoy these goodies to "Pamper" yourself!

I will post a picture as soon as she gets some done!

Also, some little cousins (ages 3-10) invited, so she is making bath time bags for each of them.. bubble bath and a fun sponge, along with crayons and a coloring book to stay entertained during hte shower.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I'm posting because I want to be able to come back and see pictures of these! I'm giving a shower for my SIL and was trying to find something different too! I can't wait to see them!

~Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find a chocolate candy bar wrapper template (to make for baby showers & the like) at www.candybarwrapper.com

Last edited by Rush'd Lady; 02-16-2006 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:06 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

That white onsie idea is wayyyyyyyyy to CUTE!!!!!!!!! I filed that!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I recently did invitations and favors for a baby shower. It was a boy and the colors were brown and light blue. I did small terra cota pots, celephane bags inside that were full of "chocolate rocks", tied a brn, blue and tan striped ribbon around the top. I printed on the computer.."Welcome Baby Smith" and punched it out with a round punch, stamped a sunflower, cut it out and put the saying in the center. The sunflower was glued to a wooden skewer and pushed down in the center of the bag, extending from the pot.

It was adorable! We put them down the tables with actual sunflower seeds used as "confetti".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh - I too want to be updated on these ideas! I'm hosting a shower for my friend soon - she had a girl. I wonder if I can adapt that sunflower idea for a girl! So cute! I can't wait to see the little diaper spa packages! You are all so creative!
Reply With Quote Likes