Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Auntie Amy Convention - Novi, MICHIGAN (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/auntie-amy-convention-novi-michigan-171546/)

buzz727 08-04-2006 10:31 AM

Auntie Amy Convention - Novi, MICHIGAN

Is anyone going to the convention this weekend?

Palapala 08-04-2006 11:16 AM

I WANT to but just can't swing it. :cry:

nkjohnston 08-04-2006 11:21 AM

Me me me me me!

My friend and I will be there from Lansing.
I'm vacillating signing up to be a demo, and I'm soooo broke since I've gotten into SU, but we'll still be there.

I particularly like Paula Best designs, and I always like to see any new sparkly things. I'm a magpie at best.

No classes or anything for us, but we'll spend the day, I'm sure.

CardFanatic 08-04-2006 01:18 PM

Can't make it this year. But I didn't see Darcie's on the list, so I wasn't too bummed.

Alle Rednic 08-04-2006 01:44 PM

I am going! Didn't sign up in time to get tickets in advance though cause I just heard about it. I did go today, just showed up and took the Alexstamping class. Can't wait!!

jaxma 08-04-2006 05:47 PM

I'm going on Sunday. Woo HOO! Can't wait!

ClaudiafromGermany 08-04-2006 06:17 PM

wanted to go so bad but my inlaws from canada are comming to help us tile the kitchen.

nkowalk 08-04-2006 06:39 PM

I'll be there on Saturday! Can't wait! :)

Rox71 08-04-2006 06:43 PM

I don't do conventions but my sister in law goes and she'll be there Saturday for sure and sometimes goes back for Sunday. Wow, are they that good?

SusanP 08-04-2006 07:14 PM

My mom and I will be there on Saturday. Can't wait! We haven't been able to go for the last couple of years and have been looking forward to it this year.

McStamper 08-04-2006 07:43 PM

I'll be there tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

happystamper05 08-05-2006 06:13 AM

I'm going to *try* and make it tomorrow.

I've never been to a convention before... any pointers? :-)

JanTInk 08-05-2006 06:41 AM

Basically, it's just one big shopping experience if you don't take classes.

I went last year and didn't buy a thing...wasted 10 dollars to walk around. So I think I'm going to give it a miss. A lot of the vendors have pulled out of Auntie Amy's show because of Auntie Amy herself (she's kind of...um...opinionated. ;) ) I met her myself a couple of years ago (I worked as a greeter at the show for an hour), but that wasn't a long period of time to get to know her.

Be prepared to wait in lines, so wear comfortable shoes. When I go, I set myself a limit of what I will spend...sometimes I only take cash to make sure that's all I spend. It's also a great idea to have a large tote bag so you can put all your purchases in one bag.

dgarlets 08-05-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
Basically, it's just one big shopping experience if you don't take classes.

I went last year and didn't buy a thing...wasted 10 dollars to walk around. So I think I'm going to give it a miss. A lot of the vendors have pulled out of Auntie Amy's show because of Auntie Amy herself (she's kind of...um...opinionated. ;) ) I met her myself a couple of years ago (I worked as a greeter at the show for an hour), but that wasn't a long period of time to get to know her.

Be prepared to wait in lines, so wear comfortable shoes. When I go, I set myself a limit of what I will spend...sometimes I only take cash to make sure that's all I spend. It's also a great idea to have a large tote bag so you can put all your purchases in one bag.

OHHHHHH, Jan, you should have gone!!!! My friend just called me and guess who was there??? (no, not Tim:) ) CAROL DUVALL!!!!!!!!!! Rats, I didn't go either :(

JanTInk 08-05-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgarlets
OHHHHHH, Jan, you should have gone!!!! My friend just called me and guess who was there??? (no, not Tim:) ) CAROL DUVALL!!!!!!!!!! Rats, I didn't go either :(

Yeah, I heard she was going to be there. Much as I adore Carol, I couldn't have gotten up there today even if I wanted to...one car on the fritz and the church bulletin to run meant I had to wait my turn for the car.

happystamper05 08-05-2006 05:47 PM

Okay, here's a stupid question...
Is there a dress code? I mean, which would be better: wearing shorts and a nice top ~or~ a sundress?
Thanks!

JanTInk 08-05-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
Is there a dress code? I mean, which would be better: wearing shorts and a nice top ~or~ a sundress?
Thanks!

Nah...it's just a big grungy convention center with tons of women standing in lines at booths...dress for comfort!

happystamper05 08-05-2006 06:00 PM

Thanks Jan....
If anyone is curious, I'll be wearing blue shorts with a blue striped top! :-)

Rox71 08-05-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
Thanks!

My SIL went today and she said it was nice and cool inside, rather busy today but she had a great time. $5.00 for parking plus admission. She said 58 vendors were there.

maxiesmom 08-05-2006 06:44 PM

I went, love going, had a great time yet again. Spent way more than I should have. Neighbor had never gone to one before, her mouth was hanging open. I always get my ticket in advance, cheaper and you can go for both days if you so desire.
I am considering going tomorrow too just to see demos I didn't get to and a couple booths we missed.
The only one I thought was lame was a Stampin to See You one in K'zoo a couple years ago. Very small and I think half of the booths were owned by the organizer!

Kathy :)

McStamper 08-05-2006 07:52 PM

My daughter drove up from Ohio and we met up with two friends and had a ball! I think everything I bought has a Asian theme. It's so hard to find that locally. I thought there was a great variety things to look at. I wish I had more time to look at all the demos though.