Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Question Auction basket - what to put in it??

My friend is helping coordinate an autism auction and I really want to help. I am not sure how much money I want to spend but either way, what would you put in the basket?? So far this is what I am thinking:

New Catty
Mini Catty
stamp set
staz on black
versamark
inspiration sheets
some ribbon
adhesive
some brads
package of cardstock, assorted
technique book

Would you include color spots to match the paper? What if I didn't want to spend that much, what is an alternative?

Would you include the versamark? Would they know what to do with it?

What stamp set? Something solid or detailed? Cutsy or serious?

Ugh all these decisions!

I really want it to be great for my friend so I think I am stressing too much over it.

Thanks for the help!
Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is my 2 cents on a couple of your questions
~ I love my VersaMark pad, but I wouldn't have known about it and what it all does unless my demonstrator showed me... so maybe leave that out since they won't have a "demonstration" of it, kwim?
~I would add a box of envelopes... or a handful of them tied up or something
~I would do a stamp set that can be colored in unless you did a whole pack of spots or something... but that does add up to a lot of money... I would also pick a set that has a couple common sayings and versatile images... OR I am paging through the catalog as i type this.. you could do a set like "ladybuds" and add a small sayings set like Tiny Talk. Just a couple ideas for ya!
I think that is awesome that you are doing this and I am sure whatever you put in it will be very much appreciated and put to good use for a good cause!!!!!!!
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Maybe make a little "Card Kit", with all the pieces cut to size (using what ever stamp set you decide to include in you basket) and ready to assemble, including a finished photo and directions, so that they do have a litte demo, and can see a completed project.

Looky Looky
Old 07-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

If you included a versamark pad, I would include a list of things that it is good for. I think there was one in the resources forum at one point.

maybe a couple of spots to make the paper you put in. Basic black for sure and maybe a few others.

My guess would be that whoever bids on this at the auction likes stamping already or is really interested in getting into it.

Jeanette
Old 07-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

wow i'd love to bid on something like this maybe if you want to put in more of a variety of things you could include pre cut cards in a variety of colors and i totally love the clear envies that are in the back of the cattie...its like $5ish for 50 and you get to show off the pretty card inside! i also agree that the set you include should be something that can be colored in. maybe if you want to include some colors you could put in some of the pure color pencils...i love those but i dunno if you want to spend that much. if you are thinking of putting in some neutral cardstock may i suggest confetti white or some of the naturals....i tend to use those more than the plain white or vanilla. i'm sure whatever you put in will be greatly loved!...i would definetly include the versamark!!...i love that stuff and if you are wondering if the bidder will know what to do with it definetly do what has been suggested and put in a list of things to do with it. autism is such a good cause i know several autistic children and they are just precious! maybe if you don't want to spend $$ on a technique book you could go with a magazine..unless that is what you were thinking of. but in any event hope your friend's fund raiser goes well!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

A friend of mine who is a demo is putting together a raffle prize for a fundraiser i work on. Her idea is to make a card, then put in all the things to make that card, along with instructions. SO that's the stamp set, a package of the paper, the ribbon, 2 or 3 stamp pads, a snail, a pack of envelopes. That way, if someone is not already a stamper, they have everything they need to make the card, and can then make similar cards, and everything coordinates. Just a suggestion..I thought it was a great idea. Oh and of course a catty..you could also include a small gift certificate.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:56 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I would leave out the versamark and add envelopes as I think people that are not "true stampers" are at a loss for envelopes in the right sizes sometimes.

If you wanted to add something, you could add a package of white paper or cut some white paper in half to make some cards that they could use the colored paper to layer on.

I actually donated for an autism function not long ago: a stamping basket(2 stamp sets,dec paper from JoAnn's,black pad,rectangle punch,envelopes,adhesive,stickers,white SU paper,tag punch,ribbon,celephane bags,stamp and scrap book magazines),movie basket(gift certificate for the movies,various candy, 2 sodas, popcorn,etc) and an "autism sucker basket", Believe it or not, the suckers were VERY easy to make, inexpensive and I just put about 45 (2 packages) in a basket and wrapped with celephane and ribbon. The parent that won the auction was going to keep some in her purse to hand out when her child was having a "meltdown" in public. Just a thought if you want another option...they were very simple but I could email you my "saying" and the layout if you PM me
Old 07-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe go through your own scraps and add some half and quarter sheets instead of whole sheets to reduce costs. Or you could make a completed set of cards.