Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ATTENTION BOXER DOG LOVERS..... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/attention-boxer-dog-lovers-289423/)

Mothermark 09-28-2007 02:11 AM

ATTENTION BOXER DOG LOVERS.....

If you are looking for the cutest little Boxer Dog stamp.....you will want to check this out....Shirley (wannabcre8tive), one of our own SCSer 's, recently entered a contest at Rubberheadgehog.com. You send in a picture of your pet and if you win, a new rubber stamp is made from the image of your pet. Then you get the stamp free of charge. Shirley won and Savannah Rose, the Boxer stamp has been made. Here is the first card Shirley made with the stamp of her beloved Savannah Rose who by the way died 1 1/2 years ago. Check it out.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=78347

You can get this stamp here....Just scroll down a few and you will see it!

http://www.rubberhedgehog.com/NewImages.htm

Congratulations Shirley!

Quixotic 09-28-2007 02:29 AM

Oh that is lovely! Congrats Shirley :)

I'd never seen Rubber Hedgehog before - am rather tempted by the hedgehoglet stamp on that page...I have a thing about hedgies!

*scarlet* 09-28-2007 03:37 AM

YAY for Savannah and Shirley!

Mothermark 09-28-2007 04:30 AM

Isn't she a sweet little doggie?

busymamma 09-28-2007 04:35 AM

How cool - I have a boxer and now I will have a stamp to use on my scrapbooking pages! Thank you so much - and Congratulations.

tdodd00 09-28-2007 04:42 AM

<-----------I think a blind person could see that I NEED a boxer stamp...but for me, the ears must hang down :( . (I think her dog is darling, btw!) I also wish I would have known about that contest, sounds like fun!

parrothead 09-28-2007 05:31 AM

Congrats,Shirley!!! I voted for Savannah Rose!!!! So glad to hear that you won!!

Topaz_n29 09-28-2007 06:45 AM

Oh how adorable..we had a white boxer..her name was Spirit..(ears down). Congrats..what a lovey memory in stamp..
loves ya

StampOwl 09-28-2007 06:52 AM

Congratulations Shirley

Brenda71 09-28-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00 (Post 7318139)
<-----------I think a blind person could see that I NEED a boxer stamp...but for me, the ears must hang down :( . (I think her dog is darling, btw!) I also wish I would have known about that contest, sounds like fun!

That's a very cute stamp and a wonderful memory!! But like the above poster, I also need one with the ears down. Ours is dark bindle. She is 7 now.

Cammie 09-28-2007 08:42 AM

heehee! how fun!!! Congrats Shirley--an awesome tribute to Savannah!

Mothermark 09-28-2007 11:52 AM

Bumping for Boxer Lovers

Vicky Gould 09-28-2007 11:53 AM

You and Savannah Rose are both stars - she's a Rainbow Bridge star and you're a mother-of-the year star - I'm so proud and happy for you, Shirley!

Sharpstamper 09-28-2007 12:06 PM

I need a "floppy-eared" one for my Grand-dog, "Squishy"
My daughter gave her that name, I take no credit for that.

DawnL 09-29-2007 04:06 AM

oh, Rubberhedgehog is so fun! I think I remember voting for Savannah! how cool!!!

franb63 09-29-2007 04:14 AM

I remember voting too!! How kewwwwwwwl!

They have a Sugar stamp too!!

jazz4 09-29-2007 05:38 AM

Congrat Shirley, we love our boxers don't we!! I like them w/ the ears up or down and have had both, but for me from now on it will be floppy ears for me. Lots less work when they are a puppy YKWIM??

jkincolorado 09-29-2007 08:39 AM

Fabulous! Congrats on winning! :)

Suzy_H 09-29-2007 09:07 AM

Adorable stamp. Wonder if there is a market for smiling, hairless dogs.

jtax 09-29-2007 10:09 AM

thanks for the info and link. I have a friend with 3 boxers and I passed it on to her as well.

wannabcre8tive 09-29-2007 07:12 PM

For those of you who have boxers with the cute floppy ears, rubberhedge hog does have one boxer stamp with floppy ears, but looks like a pup. There is a card in my gallery made with it. (http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=78347)
I currently have 3 floppy ear boxers and one that had his ears cropped when we got him. You can certainly tell I love boxers. :) Can't ya?

tdodd00 09-30-2007 06:18 AM

Quote:

For those of you who have boxers with the cute floppy ears, rubberhedge hog does have one boxer stamp with floppy ears, but looks like a pup. There is a card in my gallery made with it.
Thanks so much for pointing this out...that image would make cute Christmas cards to the other "doggies" we know! Your card is darling, btw!

Mothermark 09-30-2007 08:50 AM

Not being around boxers...I didn't even really realize there is a difference in some boxer's ears compared to other boxers.....how funny...but boxer lovers have educated me here today! Now that is the first thing I will make note of when I see a boxer! Giggle!

NorthernSpirit87 09-30-2007 10:27 AM

That is the cutest dog stamp! I just love it.

tdodd00 09-30-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Not being around boxers...I didn't even really realize there is a difference in some boxer's ears compared to other boxers.....how funny...but boxer lovers have educated me here today! Now that is the first thing I will make note of when I see a boxer! Giggle!

Who knew you could learn so much about Boxers on a stamping board, right? LOL! I think you see less of the "upright" ears nowadays...the ears have to be put in a "cast like" bandage in order for them to be this way and I think some people see this as cruel (NOT passing judgement, just sayin'). From what I understand way back in the day, people used to "dispose" of all white boxers also (if you get my meaning :( ) but they have now become more popular. That is pretty much the extent of my Boxer knowledge...except that after having one, I don't think I would ever have another kind of dog. Me loves my Maxie!

wannabcre8tive 09-30-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 7334258)

Just stick around us "boxer lovers" and you can learn everything you ever needed to know about a boxer and probably everything you didn't want to learn. :) You do know my boxers love their Aunt Cindy, don't ya?

wannabcre8tive 09-30-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00 (Post 7334920)
Who knew you could learn so much about Boxers on a stamping board, right? LOL! I think you see less of the "upright" ears nowadays...the ears have to be put in a "cast like" bandage in order for them to be this way and I think some people see this as cruel (NOT passing judgement, just sayin'). From what I understand way back in the day, people used to "dispose" of all white boxers also (if you get my meaning :( ) but they have now become more popular. That is pretty much the extent of my Boxer knowledge...except that after having one, I don't think I would ever have another kind of dog. Me loves my Maxie!

We had Savannah's ear cropped and she was miserable. I decided I would never put another one through that. I love the floppy ears better now, anyway. It was just a matter of getting use to it. Yes, they use to dispose of the white ones. That just makes me sick. We had three in our litter, all have been just fine. Actually 2 of them have made the best watch dogs out of the litter and seem to be more aware of what is going on with their owners. I must say I have had lots of dogs, but boxers are definitely my favorite breed. I think it takes obedience classes for them so it is easier to live with most of them, but it was well worth my time and money. Otherwise, I don't know I could have four of them in house. :)

I do think we will see more stamps with the boxer with floppy ears in the future
because more people are going to the floppy look.

apageastampin 09-30-2007 01:49 PM

1975- first boxer, "Czar", bought with my babysitting money-
about 11 boxers in my family to follow!! "Rex", "Chance", "Murphy", "Sam", "Aspen", "Forrest", "Cody", "Leo", "Tye", 3 more that I can't remember the names of- so I guess that makes 12 or 13 boxers! All with ears down ( I used to work as a vet. surg. tech. and it is painful for the dogs as well as outlawed in England ). I, personally have never owned another boxer except for Czar. They have more energy than I can keep up with. But, think they are wonderful family dogs and super-smart and quite frankly, when they are puppies, are just about the cutest things I've ever seen!

I'm gonna have to check out some "boxer" rubber stamps so I can make cards/gifts/scrapbook pages for my family! (siblings) How can I not after 13 boxers?!?!

Lisa Page

tdodd00 09-30-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

I think it takes obedience classes for them so it is easier to live with most of them, but it was well worth my time and money.
''

Amen, sister! Maxie was the first boxer in our family...my husband took her thru two obedience classes and she is so mellow. My daugher and niece thought this was the normal personality of a boxer...NOT. Neither of their dogs have gone thru obedience and they have totally different personalities, they are much more hyper. All good dogs though, sweetest dogs ever. And the best kind of dog for kids, IMO!

Mothermark 09-30-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive (Post 7335387)
Just stick around us "boxer lovers" and you can learn everything you ever needed to know about a boxer and probably everything you didn't want to learn. :) You do know my boxers love their Aunt Cindy, don't ya?

Yes I do know they love me....they love me because I send them yummy dog biscuits! The way to a dogs heart is through their stomach...just like a man!

See I know lots about boxers.....They do the ear thing with dobermans too I think. Seems like I have seen dobermans with ear bandages.....

apageastampin 09-30-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 7336225)
Yes I do know they love me....they love me because I send them yummy dog biscuits! The way to a dogs heart is through their stomach...just like a man!

See I know lots about boxers.....They do the ear thing with dobermans too I think. Seems like I have seen dobermans with ear bandages.....

My brother and his wife are childless (their own decision not to have kids) but they have had at least 3 or 4 of the boxers as their kids! And they are definitely spoiled! (The boxers- not my brother). So, for Christmas every year I send their "kids" presents. Toys, treats, doggie stockings. After all, the boxers are their babies! I love playing with boxers' jowls! O.K., that was weird but any boxer-loving person will understand! It's FUN to put stuff in their jowls when they are sleeping and then take pictures.;)

Lisa Page

Mothermark 09-30-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apageastampin (Post 7336323)
My brother and his wife are childless (their own decision not to have kids) but they have had at least 3 or 4 of the boxers as their kids! And they are definitely spoiled! (The boxers- not my brother). So, for Christmas every year I send their "kids" presents. Toys, treats, doggie stockings. After all, the boxers are their babies! I love playing with boxers' jowls! O.K., that was weird but any boxer-loving person will understand! It's FUN to put stuff in their jowls when they are sleeping and then take pictures.;)

Lisa Page

I don't have any boxers.....but I can relate....sounds like fun! My mom used to put peanut butter on the roof of our dogs mouths and we would all laugh as they tried to get it licked off and swallowed....That was many years ago, now adays it is probably a bad thing to feed them that. (????)

apageastampin 09-30-2007 04:16 PM

Only if you mix chocolate with it! That's actually sounds pretty good- must be dinner time!

Lisa Page

wannabcre8tive 09-30-2007 07:37 PM

Jake found the Halloween candy last year. He likes Reese's cups. I had gone to bed, but I could hear him and knew he was into something. I believe he had two of them before I got to him. He got his peanut butter and chocolate together. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by apageastampin (Post 7336723)
Only if you mix chocolate with it! That's actually sounds pretty good- must be dinner time!

Lisa Page

samurai stamper 09-30-2007 07:47 PM

Hey Boxer people! I just finished giving mine baths... they are pretty mad right now! Love the stamps, Savanah Rose looks like she was a beauty!

wannabcre8tive 09-30-2007 08:17 PM

Oh, so you had doggie spa night. :) We had ours on Friday.
We certainly thought Savannah was a beauty. Thanks.
Here is a link to the card that was made with the stamp:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=78347

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai stamper (Post 7338645)
Hey Boxer people! I just finished giving mine baths... they are pretty mad right now! Love the stamps, Savanah Rose looks like she was a beauty!

samurai stamper 09-30-2007 10:09 PM

Love the card! Great coloring!

Bagpuss 10-01-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00 (Post 7334920)

I regularly see a boxer that has floppy ears (as they all do in England, where ear cropping is illegal), is white and has a full tail! It's beautiful and I love the way it totally does not conform to the "standard".

Mothermark 10-01-2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive (Post 7338578)
Jake found the Halloween candy last year. He likes Reese's cups. I had gone to bed, but I could hear him and knew he was into something. I believe he had two of them before I got to him. He got his peanut butter and chocolate together. :)

Bad Jake! You are not a trick or treater! You are a Boxer!!!!

wannabcre8tive 10-04-2007 05:36 PM

Jake is more of a tricker treater than his mom is a cake baker. ;)

I am lucky he did not get enough Chocolate to hurt him. Good thing he is a big guy.
Chocolate and dogs do not mix. Chocolate can be lethal to a dog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 7339249)
Bad Jake! You are not a trick or treater! You are a Boxer!!!!