Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ATC cards (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/atc-cards-176044/)

twink62 08-19-2006 06:58 PM

ATC cards

What is the purpose of these cards?

longtimestamper 08-19-2006 07:29 PM

They are just a way for artists to trade a little bit of their work with other artists. Think of them as personalized business cards with really cool embellishments. :)

katrs5 08-19-2006 08:33 PM

you can also use them on a card or scrapbook page. But as the 2nd poster said, they are really just a way to "share your art".....

CardFanatic 08-19-2006 09:21 PM

I use them as student incentives. They each have a folder with trading card sleeves and they really do trade them!

stampmouse 08-19-2006 11:00 PM

They are fun and smaller versions of cards in many instances. Many of the conventions are trading them now instead of pins. I have a few on my site though mine are no where near artist quality I have seen. Different kinds of atcs some are collage and some are mini cards.

stampmouse 08-19-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtimestamper
They are just a way for artists to trade a little bit of their work with other artists. Think of them as personalized business cards with really cool embellishments. :)

love this explaniation of them.

Sibylle 08-20-2006 01:32 AM

Thanks for asking this question. I too was wondering.

Sibylle

ninatar 08-20-2006 03:36 AM

Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) are extremely popular right now. The only requirement is the size (3.5 inches x 3.5 inches) - same size as the sports trading cards. www.atcards.com is a site specifically for the exchange of ATC'S internationally.

I live in Florida, so when exchanging cards, I usually send "tropical" cards - with little Florida license plates, or palm trees. Each with some special "thing" to give them extra zip. And I stamp the back with an ATC template stamp and fill in the information.

Many ATC's I have seen lately are hand drawn, or have collage elements. I get lots of questions about stamping - as it is relatively rare - but one sure way to generate several of the same card.

And when participating in group swaps, the ladies of more experience produce many of the same card - which is faster to produce, and eliminates the perception from late trades that all your first choice cards are gone.

I just received a group of cards from an SCS'r in Canada, one with the most darling folded jacket. She said she got the idea from an exchange with a lady from Paris.

So yesterday I had a little work of art from Canada, inspired by someone from Paris in the mail.

I've got some samples of stamped ATC's in my gallery, or you can search "ATC" in the gallery to see all the ATC's posted.

Hey, wanna trade?

Nina

ninatar 08-20-2006 06:17 AM

bump

Cynamom 08-20-2006 06:42 AM

I like them because they go FAST when you make them and you can try different techniques without investing too much in the way of time and supplies. I keep mine in a binder (I have more than 400), but you also can use them as "embellishments" on tags, cards, pages, etc. I always wondered, at first, what the point was... but now I'm HOOKED!!!!

Cindy

twink62 08-20-2006 11:00 AM

Wonderful! I was actually wondering what people were doing with them. I had some sent to me in a scavenger hunt that were just absolutely darling!

I love this site! If you don't know something, there is someone here that does!
Thanks!

katrs5 08-20-2006 11:28 AM

I was thinking the size was 2.5x3.5.....not 3.5x3.5....or atleast I hope so, considering that's what I made last night

longtimestamper 08-20-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katrs5
I was thinking the size was 2.5x3.5.....not 3.5x3.5....or atleast I hope so, considering that's what I made last night

Yes, it is 2.5 x 3.5". I think the 3.5 x 3.5 was a typo.

ninatar 08-20-2006 04:16 PM

Yes 2 and half inches by 3 and a half inches. I miss that edit button, too.

Nina

stampmouse 09-03-2006 09:09 AM

with the new atc book in the mini I bet we see many more atc's here

KJack89048 09-03-2006 01:11 PM

Here's a disney ATC swap that just started. I am glad this post was out I had no clue what they were!
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=179654