Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Argh!!! What a morning! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/argh-what-morning-350085/)

monkeymama 05-23-2008 05:22 AM

Argh!!! What a morning!

Hey, all! I just sent my kids off for their last day of school. I made a gift pack of cards for the teachers and packaged them in one of the PTI clear boxes with a cute belly-band. Sounds good, right? Well, I waited until this morning to finish the packaging and write a note, etc. Why on earth would I wait until this a.m. to finish?! Good grief! It was mass chaos around here! I'm sitting down now with a cup of cappuccino to chill out! I'm wondering, does anyone else do this, or am I the only unorganized person?

Angela

stampencamper 05-23-2008 05:26 AM

I think all Moms want to be more organized; make it a challenging game,
as soon as you think of something, get it done, if it needs to go in the
car to someplace, put it there when you think about it. It a matter of always looking ahead, but are we ever totally organized, without preparations for it?

Frenchy 05-23-2008 05:31 AM

LOL - sorry you had a rough morning. To answer your question - no I NEVER leave anything except getting out the door for the morning! If I did I'd be late to work everyday!

GreenDragonLady 05-23-2008 05:43 AM

I feel your pain...I was teaching my son how to use my SNAIL at 6:00 this morning so he could finish up his science project board! I guess he takes after his mom with the last minute stuff!

steph772 05-23-2008 06:04 AM

i used to be just like that, it was soooo stressful. now i just force myself to get it done early. life is so much easier when you arent rush, rush.

sorry you had a crappy morning, enjoy your cappucino! That sounds really good!

shayles 05-23-2008 06:07 AM

I only realized today that DS is done next friday and I haven't even began to think of teachers gifts yet! Card packs sound good to me!

postcardgirl 05-23-2008 06:19 AM

I always have the best of intentions, but more often than not, my mornings end up exactly like you've described! You are not alone!! :rolleyes:

RiverIsis 05-23-2008 06:20 AM

That sounds like an organized morning to me! :lol:

monkeymama 05-23-2008 06:22 AM

Oh, you guys, it looks as if it's a pretty good split between the organized vs. the unorganized! My mind knows I should be prepared in advance, but I always seem to fall short! I'm just glad I got it all done and they look good, too! Shayle, I forgot to add that I had the kids write a short note to their teacher, too---not easy to get a 1st grade boy to do that! I told the kids the teacher would probably like the notes better than the cards! Anyway, the day is looking up!

Have a good one, everybody!
Angela

barbcowan 05-23-2008 06:48 AM

I'm so unorganized that when DD was 6 months old, DH blessed me with DS :rolleyes:

Melissa Hannant 05-23-2008 07:35 AM

Look honey, if you want to talk about unorganized, I have a 7 1/2 year old who's baby book isn't even done. Now that's unorganized! You have a life and you're a mom, enough said.

StampedSue 05-23-2008 08:18 AM

ACCKKK! you reminded me school is almost out!!

kstamper 05-23-2008 08:28 AM

Sounds familiar...except I waited until this morning (also their last day of school) to have the kids make cards for all 5 of their teachers! We were already late getting out the door, and as I was sealing the envelopes, I realized I had failed to get gift cards to put in them! So the cards stayed behind, and I ran off to the nursery and got some flowers for all of them!
As much as I want to be, I will never be that organized. I have procrastinated for as long as I can remember!