Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Word by Word - my sticker's too small!

I got my Word by Word BG stamp today. This is my first BG stamp ever. I noticed that my sticker is smaller than the actual stamp! Is it supposed to be this way? I am one who takes great care to line up my stamps to match the stickers exactly, so I know what I'm stamping. But, I can't with this one - they are different sizes! Did I get a gimpy sticker or do all background stamps have smaller stickers?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #2  
Sassy Shani

I only have 2 BG stamps and YES the stickers are smaller. Does not affect my stamping one bit tho!
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilorangemouse
I got my Word by Word BG stamp today. This is my first BG stamp ever. I noticed that my sticker is smaller than the actual stamp! Is it supposed to be this way? I am one who takes great care to line up my stamps to match the stickers exactly, so I know what I'm stamping. But, I can't with this one - they are different sizes! Did I get a gimpy sticker or do all background stamps have smaller stickers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Just since the new catalog came out it seems like the background stamps are bigger - which is totally cool!! It used to be that you really had to line a stamp up carefully in order to get it to cover a cardfront. I used one of my new ones last night (crosshatch) on which the rubber is bigger than the sticker, and not only did it cover the cardfront, there was ink from it on all sides of the cardstock on my scrap paper too! I love that they are bigger now!

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 03:32 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

There was another thread on this in the last month or so. I think someone finally asked SU and were told that the sticker is not intended to match the size of the stamp. The stick is there for reference.

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2005, 06:19 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Smile

Thank you. I didn't want to call SU if this is the way they are supposed to be. I just didn't know if I had one that's defective or if this was normal. I'll try stamping with it today and hopefully all will be good.
Reply With Quote Likes