Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2005, 07:50 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change in Cardstock Color?

I read on a different thread that with the new classic pads some of the cardstock colors have changed. Is this true? Does anyone know which cardstock colors are different now?

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I know that was true a few years ago, but I haven't heard this lately. Plus, I think if they are going to change something, they try to do it when a new catty comes out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

There have been some color changes in the past couple of years. We lost rocket red (replaced by real red) and luscious lime (replaced by creamy caramel). Pink passion went from a purplish shade to the current hot pink. Bliss blue has gotten darker. Positively pink has gotten closer to coral than it used to be. Almost amethyst got sorta gray for a while, but it's back now. Most other changes have been subtle--a slightly different shade that you probably wouldn't notice unless you were looking at two different pieces of cardstock. Of course, there are sometimes variations between batches, but generally the colors are pretty consistent. If you're planning a big project, it's always a good idea to order all the cardstock at the same time, just like you'd get all the yarn for a sweater from the same dye lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got some brocade blue & it was way different than the stuff I already had. The new stuff matches the marker, stamp pad, etc better than the old stuff, but it's still a pain when you have a project in the works like a scrapbook!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stampin' Up! colors are keyed to the Pantone system. What they found was that several colors had "drifted" away from their original Pantone numbers over a few years time and they had to work to bring them back to where they were supposed to be. Brocade Blue was the last one on the list that the manufacturer had not been able to correct back to the original shade until just recently.

I asked at one time which Pantone numbers matched our cardstock, since I have Pagemaker, which allows me to pick the color of my printing soas to match Pantone numbers, but I was told it was proprietary info I wanted to print my journaling to match!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes