Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Anyone make up their $Spot Scrapbook? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/anyone-make-up-their-%24spot-scrapbook-84341/)

mcpaige 09-07-2005 06:34 PM

Anyone make up their $Spot Scrapbook?

I bought a couple but as usual, need a creative boost from the fab chicks here? Was anyone inspired yet to stamp on their Stamp Its Paper Scrapbook?

If so, are you willing to share? Thanks!

optotecha 09-07-2005 06:56 PM

I haven't done it yet, but I plan on customizing one as a "Harley Davidson" book.
I have some harley papers and a rubber stamp set.

bemidjibelle 09-07-2005 08:22 PM

I, too, haven't gotten started, but plan to make a book of pics of flower close-ups we have taken. Something like "stop and smell the flowers", or "stop and look around" for the theme. I took a close up of a butterfly on one of our hanging plants and I might use that for the cut-out in the middle. My hold up is that the pics are still in digital form and I need to get them printed out. A lot of them are wild flower pics we took while biking the trails.

Sue

scrapbookmommy 09-08-2005 03:58 AM

I have not yet but I think I'm going to use one for a Christmas recipe book. My family bakes and makes candies and such at Christmas and so far those recipes are just floating around on little pieces of paper. DD's Girl Scout group is using the rest to document what all they do this year.

mcpaige 09-08-2005 04:41 AM

These are such great ideas!

Let's keep the ideas coming... I'm getting close to a possible idea, but am not there yet!!

scrapbookmommy 09-08-2005 10:14 AM

Here is one I made just playing today. I'm not sure what I will do with it but it was fun to make. I think the part in the middle would make a great shaker box. You wouldn't even have to use the foam tape.
$1 spot scrapbook

jstarbright 09-08-2005 06:30 PM

Oh my gosh, are we suppossed to do stuff with all the things we buy???? LOL I just keep buying/collecting and browsing SCS, some day tho I am going to do a scrapbook!

MonicaA 09-08-2005 06:54 PM

I swear I'm totally in love with the Target Dollar Spot. I just got back from there a little while ago. I bought four of those scrapbooks...all they had left. I might hit our other Target tomorrow and see what they have going on. I'm planning to make up a bunch of stuff to donate to the local humane society. They set up a booth on the weekends at PetCo over the holidays, and I thought those would be cute as pet scrapbooks! I also bought a couple of the magnet frames and some of those cute little fibers. :D

Jami 09-08-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
Oh my gosh, are we suppossed to do stuff with all the things we buy???? LOL I just keep buying/collecting and browsing SCS, some day tho I am going to do a scrapbook!

LOL! Me too Joni!

BilliePam 09-08-2005 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright

My thoughts exactly!!! I even bought a small 3 drawer container to put the things in! I "KNOW" I'll use them someday!!!

mooshie_stamps 09-09-2005 10:22 PM

lol! I made DH take a detour home tonight so I could get a couple of these adorable books. can't wait to do something fun with them. anyone else finish one yet? I really like the shaker box idea for the front.

anyway please share if you've finished one :)
Michelle

julieklein 09-10-2005 05:00 AM

I too bought four of these and have yet to do anything with them! Am subscribing to thread.

julieklein 09-10-2005 05:44 AM

I too bought four of these and have yet to do anything with them! Am subscribing to thread.

Sereikastamper 09-10-2005 05:46 AM

I know someone who has done one I will email her and see if she will upload and post the link....
I would love to do one...but alas....I live three hours from Target! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MWDStamp 09-10-2005 08:29 AM

I bought about 10 of these so far. Have not done anything with them yet. My idea was to use them for my DD 9th birthday party. I was going to have each girl decorate one. Then take pictures of everyone to put inside. So it will be a party favor and craft project for the girls.

mcpaige 09-10-2005 09:03 AM

Birthday party favor/craft idea...

That's a good one too! Thanks for sharing.

I'm really liking the idea of using it for a holiday "book". I'm thinking about making a Christmas memory or recipe book for my mom, sis, mother in law...

Or maybe end of year presents for my DD's classmates. She only has seven in her room total, so I could be making these as the year goes along.

LOL... My life is full of good intentions and a closetFULL of undone projects.

im4disney 09-10-2005 09:55 AM

With my 15...

I am making scrapbooks of my son for this grandparents and great-grandparents for Christmas. This September will be his first trip. (We go every year.) So actually 6 of them will be made for his trip. I have tons of Disney scrapbook and stamping stuff to use. I am so excited to start the covers!!

BilliePam 09-10-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BilliePam
My thoughts exactly!!! I even bought a small 3 drawer container to put the things in! I "KNOW" I'll use them someday!!!

I don't really have anything to add :-( ~ but my DD did my avatar and signature tonight and we just wanted to see if it worked!!!

NavyWyf 09-10-2005 07:03 PM

I just purchased a dozen while on vacation this week to use in an upcomig workshop. My daughter sponged the front of hers earlier this evening, and we're going to put some sizzix alpabet letters on the front starting Monday! I will post after doing one of mine, too. I just haven't decided which set to use yet.

BilliePam 09-10-2005 07:26 PM

WOW!!! My daughter showed me how to change the font, size and color in all my posts. I have only been wondering how to do this for almost a year!!! I am not extremely bright in the "computer" department ~ so THANKS TO MY DAUGHTER ~ SHE IS WONDERFUL!!! ;)

mcpaige 09-11-2005 06:36 AM

Navywfe - I can't wait to see yours, and your daughter's too... be sure and post 'em! Thanks for sharing your ideas and plans!

Rachelhope13 09-11-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I know someone who has done one I will email her and see if she will upload and post the link....
I would love to do one...but alas....I live three hours from Target! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quick, someone mail this poor woman a Scrapbook, and a frame...and some fibers...and...
THREE HOURS from Target!!!
I would move. :)

Sereikastamper 09-11-2005 06:58 AM

Hahaha!!! Funny Rachel! LOL
I am only here in the middle of nowhere for Eleven more months then I get to move back to civilization! LOL (hubby is going through USAF Pilot Training)
I have hook ups, that if I desperately need anything from Target they will buy then send!!! LOL Believe me, I will never take Target for granted again!!!!! LOL The only store intown is Walmart...no Target, No Kohls, No Kmart even!!!!!!!!!! UGh......well atleast it is not permanent!!!!

mcpaige 09-11-2005 04:40 PM

Three hours from Target... Oh My!

I'll send you a goodie package, just let me know!!

mcpaige 09-11-2005 04:41 PM

Ok I didn't use my scrapbook yet, but ...

I did use a 75% off frame from Target and made this:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=33440

it was quick, but I think it turned out ok...

jstarbright 09-11-2005 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaige
I did use a 75% off frame from Target and made this:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=33440

it was quick, but I think it turned out ok...

It is adorable!!!

lzappa 09-12-2005 09:53 AM

Hi girlies!

I bought one of those scrapbooks from Target and used the Natural Beauty set on it. I was going to use it to display cards, 2 cards fit perfectly on each page. Get some photo corners and you can mount your RAKs or card fronts in it perfectly!

Here's a pic if you're interested:

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=9557

Lisa

kathleenh 09-12-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lzappa
Hi girlies!

I bought one of those scrapbooks from Target and used the Natural Beauty set on it. I was going to use it to display cards, 2 cards fit perfectly on each page. Get some photo corners and you can mount your RAKs or card fronts in it perfectly!

Lisa

Lisa, you are brilliant! I love the look of these scrapbooks but was stumped what to do with them. I am so going to make one for my RAK's! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Kathleen

mooshie_stamps 09-12-2005 12:12 PM

thank you lisa!! that's a great idea! now I just need photo corners. I just knew someone would have a brilliant idea! any others?
Michelle

jstarbright 09-12-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lzappa
Hi girlies!

Lisa

That is so cute, Lisa. I love the ribbons and your idea to put RAK cards in it, how clever

Jami 09-12-2005 05:27 PM

Lisa - awesome idea!

dorothy erdely 09-12-2005 10:07 PM

i've cleaned out all the houston targets!

i went to 3 houston area targets today & got 85 of these cute little scrapbooks!!!!!!!!! our girl scout troop is doing a fundraiser/craftshow this weekend & i just made 8 "my school years" books this evening!! there's enough pages to do a "me" page, preschool, 1st grade through 12th grades (2 pg. spread for each grade) & a few pages for friends. i used crayon kids, crayon alpha., toybox, girlfriends & accessories & a couple other sets. wish i could post, but for some strange reason, i'm unable to...keeps telling me i've got the wrong size!!!!!

i'm also going to do some vacation books, christmas books & ?? who knows what else.

i just stamped, no extra embellishments. my daughter said she thought we could get $15 for them!!!!! that'd be nice!!!!!!!! it took 4 hours to make 8.

if you're from the houston area & can't find any of these, sorry; don't be mad at me!! it's a fundraiser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cindy nagel 09-13-2005 04:10 AM

Maybe that's what happened here in Louisville. I've been to my Target 4 times & haven't seen those little boogers!!! I guess I should extend my search outside of my neighborhood Target!! I need 15 for the Girl Scout's to scrapbook so they can get a badge!!

mcpaige 09-13-2005 07:43 AM

WOWOWOW

I love the idea posted from Lisa. It was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing and keep those ideas a-comin'!

cindy nagel 09-14-2005 10:13 AM

Well, I ventured out of my "bubble" and went to another Target!!! found those cute magnet frames & actually found the bin for the dollar scrapbooks...empty of course. But I talked to an employee who looked on her computer & said they had 100 in the back!!! Yeah, I finally got my scrapbooks!! I'm so excited!!

Coletta 09-28-2005 11:09 AM

My dear, sweet, identical twin sister hooked me up today with these awesome scrapbooks! I am so excited to get started!!

THANK YOU COLLEEN***** YOU ARE THE BESTEST!

jukeboxgraduate 09-28-2005 12:28 PM

just dear and sweet? what about good looking :-)

You will have fun with these cute little books, happy stampin!

I'd love to see more samples of what the other creative stampers are doing w/their $spot scrapbooks!

Colleen