Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Anyone going to SA Regional "stag"??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/anyone-going-sa-regional-stag-24075/)

hadleyzoo 01-14-2005 04:38 PM

Anyone going to SA Regional "stag"???

Okay, I'm the biggest loser right now. Or at least that's how I feel. :(

We just moved to San Antonio in August, I haven't done ANY stamping since I've been here except for 100 Christmas Cards (which was a chore!), I had to go back to work full-time, bought a new house, and haven't met anyone here yet to stamp with on a regular basis. And my entire downline is back in Alaska!!

I've seen all the threads of all the SCSers getting together on Friday night, but am just not able to participate (hubby is in NCO Academy right now and Saturday was hard enough for me to be able to do).

I am signed up to go to regional on the Saturday. Anyone else going it alone?

Anyway, sorry for the bum post. Just feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment. Just blame it on hormones right now--It's that time again. :?

Tiffany

scdecker 01-14-2005 04:45 PM

Tiffany,
I wish I was going, but the trrip is a little far for me. For what it is worth, I was heading to convention stag, and 'met' someone staying at the same hotel on Stampin' Discuss. I couldn't have had a better time. I am sure you will have a great time, too.
Do you need a sitter? Is there anyone on here who can recommend someone good? Jenn? Beate?

hadleyzoo 01-14-2005 05:07 PM

Oh it's not about a sitter for the kids or anything like that. I'm not able to get off work Friday, my husband is in class usually until about 6:00, and I would feel just so horribly guilty if I was out on Friday night as well as all day Saturday. So those things all combined make Friday difficult.

Plus my husband has a volunteer activity on Saturday and the kids will be with a sitter all day Saturday. And I feel guilty about that because my son (he's 4, my daughter is almost 12) is in daycare all during the week.

Tiffany

Kevjop 01-15-2005 05:21 AM

Tiffany,
Welcome to San Antonio! I just wanted to let you know that you can call me or email me anytime if you want. I'm going to Regionals on Saturday and will have a friend with me but you are welcome to tag along. I met her on a yahoo group just like this so it would be no different than meeting you!
But I also live in town(and we are military too!) so if you ever need a stamping buddy I am around...even after Regionals! :)
~Jodie
Fell free to email me directly!

Consuelo 01-31-2005 10:10 AM

I'm going Saturday! All by my lonesome little self from Louisiana! DH refuses to go with me.

I'm actually really excited. I am going to the dinner on Friday. But then I'm on my own after that.

Kim in South Texas 01-31-2005 10:37 AM

My upline, Alma Townsend, has a great website that you can view www.inkpaperscissors.net. She hosts events all the time and posts them on her website. I attend as many of her events that I can and always have a great time as well as take home great Make-N-Takes.

jenjam 01-31-2005 11:02 AM

I too am heading to SA by myself. I will drive in Friday earl afternoon. I am attending the Saturday session. Look for me. I think I am going to make a name tag with my avatar so everyone knows who I am :)

:D

Mom-of-one 01-31-2005 04:35 PM

:D Please come sit at our table - we would LOVE to have you. Have you attended the monthly meeting at Grady's?

email me directly
Veronica

TexasGrammy 01-31-2005 05:15 PM

Stag Regionals

Hi everyone!

I'm coming in for Friday night & Saturday regionals too!
Can't wait to see ya'll there!!

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
:D ~Beverly

barbcowan 01-31-2005 05:29 PM

Re: Anyone going to SA Regional "stag"???

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadleyzoo
Okay, I'm the biggest loser right now. Or at least that's how I feel. :(

We just moved to San Antonio in August, I haven't done ANY stamping since I've been here except for 100 Christmas Cards (which was a chore!), I had to go back to work full-time, bought a new house, and haven't met anyone here yet to stamp with on a regular basis. And my entire downline is back in Alaska!!

I've seen all the threads of all the SCSers getting together on Friday night, but am just not able to participate (hubby is in NCO Academy right now and Saturday was hard enough for me to be able to do).

I am signed up to go to regional on the Saturday. Anyone else going it alone?

Anyway, sorry for the bum post. Just feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment. Just blame it on hormones right now--It's that time again. :?

Tiffany

Don't worry, I went to the Madison regionals stag, met some nice people & had a great time! Not being comfortable with strangers, I had to push myself, but it was worth it! Good Luck!
Barb

Mom-of-one 01-31-2005 06:07 PM

:D This is going to be so much FUN!

hadleyzoo 01-31-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom-of-one
:D Please come sit at our table - we would LOVE to have you. Have you attended the monthly meeting at Grady's?

email me directly
Veronica

Thanks everyone! You all are so darn sweet! :D

Okay Veronica, what meeting at Grady's? Fill me in on the details!

Thanks!
Tiffany

jmscoping 01-31-2005 06:39 PM

My "mom" and "sisters" are all going on Friday. I thing I'm the only one of my "family" going on Saturday.

I will be at MiTerra's Friday night! I can't wait to meet everyone then!

Anybody have an extra space at a table on Saturday! I'm bringing all the supplies but the alphabet set... (don't have any yet.) You're welcome to share to save on space!

elizabeth

Mom-of-one 01-31-2005 06:44 PM

:D I just sent you a pm on the details - call me :D

RoxieStamps 01-31-2005 07:13 PM

I am going to Regionals in SA also. My kids and DH are driving down with me, but I will be all by myself on Sat. I have never been to a SU event and my upline is in IL so I have no one to show me the ropes.

Hopefully there will be some other "Singles" going also to meet up with.

Mom-of-one 01-31-2005 07:24 PM

:D Roxane - I just sent you a pm.

RoxieStamps 02-01-2005 04:15 AM

Veronica,
I tried to PM you back and I kept getting this error.

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Thanks for the offer would love to join you, are you going to the dinner on Friday?

norwaytroll 02-01-2005 04:32 AM

I love this! Girls, you are making me all warm and fuzzy this a.m.
I can't wait to meet all you sweeties! See ya at Regionals!

Getting excited,
Ann

Mom-of-one 02-01-2005 10:13 AM

:D 3 more days!!!

TexasGrammy 02-02-2005 09:13 PM

Okay ......
I've got to make my shoebox swaps!
I'm coming in solo, and want to meet everyone!!!

San Antonio or bust!
~Beverly