Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so glad that I found SU! I didn't think I had a creative bone in my body. Then I went to my first SU! stamp camp and signed up to be a demo 2 months later. I introduced so many of my friends to this great company and can now whip out a beautiful hand-stamped item in minutes. Of course a lot of that is thanks to my awesome uplines and all the talented gals here on SCS.

Woo hoo Stampin' Up!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

I love SU too, but will be the first to have to admit it is not perfect. I like the coordinating colors. I love the dye ink. I like many of the images. There are many improvements that could be made, but overall it is as good as most companies.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

I love, Love, LOVE SU!!! I never knew I could make such creations as I have with their stamps, papers, inks and embellishments!! Although I like almost everything I make, it's extra nice when someone tells me how much they loved what I made for them. It always feels good when others validate what you are doing!

I have never had to deal with the Customer Service Department of SU, but if their demos are any example of what they are like, then I think they're top notch!

My demo is one of my best friends. She truly is interested in making sure that I have what I need to keep my creativity going!!

While I was back home visiting family, I was trying to make some invitations for my SIL. After numerous times trying to two-step stamp (unsuccessfully), I went online to find a demo in that area. I found one (a total stranger) and called her, introduced myself, and asked if she had a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig that I could go and borrow. She was more than willing. She let me take it home and bring it back when I was finished. Her generosity astounded me!! I was very grateful. She saved me precious time and cardstock!!!

Anyhow, these are only part of the reasons why I love SU and those who are a part of SU!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love Stampin Up..........the colors.....the stamps....the quality.......
I like the cardstock......the ink .....the accessories.
I love the stamps......I enjoy stamping......I enjoy the creativity of it all.....and the giving of my cards!
Stampin Up has helped me blossom with my creativity and my outlet for giving and blessing others! It makes me calm ......and happy and over all a better person.

This is a great thread.......thanks alot!

Lori
Old 09-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

I'm not sure I can even articulate all the reasons why I love Stampin' Up!, but here are some of them: as an SU demo I really feel like I have another family which, I might add, is a heck of a lot nicer and more generous and supportive than most of my real family. I love the SU products and the variety that SU offers -- there's something for everyone. I love sharing the craft of rubber stamping with others, especially when I'm at a workshop and see the same light iand excitement in someone's eyes that I'm sure was there when I stamped my first project. I love logging on to SCS every day and getting tips (business and stamping) from the other SU demos. In theory, we are all each other's competitors, yet everyone here shares so generously! I love the IBC -- there's not a day that goes by when I don't look at it for ideas. I love the incentives SU provides both for the custmoers and for the demos. I love that I can mount my own stamps the way that I want (I know this sounds strange, but having bought other stamps at my LSS which were not properly trimmed -- one actually had a part of the image trimmed off-- I'm glad that with SU I dont have to examine my stamps carefully before I leave the store). I love the quality of the card stock. I especially love the ink pads -- the way they store the ink upside down and lock tight so I don't have to worry about rubber banding them together to make sure the lids don't fall off and the ink deosn't dry out. I love being able to buy the re-inkers and don't even get me started about the dual tipped stampin write markers that match all of the colors -- I'm absolutely passionate about those!

Yeah, I guess that's a good start.

Oh, did I mention I also love this thread?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

Default can't get enough of this stuff!!!!!!!!

i wish i could go on a stamping creuise...stamp..see the sights....relax stamp.....have margarita

i love all the sthe stamp sets as long as they are not cartoony, papers are the best.......love the punches
ribbons....i could go on all day long....i wish they were a little cheaper
Old 09-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

I had never stamped before my first workshop/party and had no idea what to expect. But I fell absolutely in love with the whole thing. At first glance I thought the prices were high but once I started shopping,I realized that the prices are really quite reasonable. The sets are actually cheaper than at Michaels or HL because you get several stamps. And I love that when I buy a set of stamps, they all coordinate and I don't have to "think".

As a non-demo, I love that you can buy the paper in color families. I bought for each of the sets, including the new colors. Once I have used all of one color, then I know I want to buy that color alone. Did that even make sense?

My demo is a sweetheart. I tease her and tell her she isn't much of a salesman because she is so laid back about everything. She is NEVER pushy!! She lets the products sell themselves. And when she places an independant order, she'll e-mail everyone first to see if we need anything between workshops! I know it is probably a demo option, but she always brings my stuff either to my work or to my house.

And I LOVE the SU website. It is so simple to look through the catalogs online (although there really is nothing like the "real" thing!) I have tried to use some other companies sites but been very confused.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE SCS!!! There are so many wonderful cards and tutorials and challenges here. I haven't started a gallery or anything yet but whenever I sit down to stamp I always check this site first for inspiration!!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

...just bumping to keep this one above the "other" one!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:23 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but I LOVE SU too!!

Reasons I LOVE Stampin' Up!...

1. Beautiful stamp images
2. Everything color coordinating
3. All the way cool accessories
4. RIBBON!!!!!!!!!!
5. All my demonstrator benefits (they rock!)
6. The new "In Color" line (WOW)
7. I am always inspired by the catalogs, mini catalogs, etc...
8. Stampin' Up! has made me a much more relaxed person. It is my strss reliver & I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by amylou
I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but I LOVE SU too!!

Reasons I LOVE Stampin' Up!...

1. Beautiful stamp images
2. Everything color coordinating
3. All the way cool accessories
4. RIBBON!!!!!!!!!!
5. All my demonstrator benefits (they rock!)
6. The new "In Color" line (WOW)
7. I am always inspired by the catalogs, mini catalogs, etc...
8. Stampin' Up! has made me a much more relaxed person. It is my strss reliver & I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!1
Darn edit button being removed!! Argh!!!! Sorry about all my typos. I'm watching football and posting at the same time. Oops!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #51  
Watercolor Wizard

in all honesty I dont think there is anthing that I do not love about SU! It's a great company.

I do wish recruits could EARN the starter kit with a workshop though. And not have to pay for it.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #52  
Crimping Master

I love SU too, for all the reasons posted!

I was introduced to SU by a CM consultant! How's that?
She knew she was never gonna get me as a scrapper because it was too overwhelming to me. She had a friend who had just signed up to be a demo & she said she'd book a party. There was only me, the hostess (CM girl) & one other person. I was hooked from the moment I saw the catty.

What they said about everything mathcing is key. For me it's like garanimals & then I can use my color wheel & figure everything out by a formula since, sadly I don't seem to have that natural gift. THe best part is, even without the natural gift you can still make some darn nice cards!!!!!!!

When I started I was also a cautious consumer & checked stamp prices at LSS's & notieced that SU was a great value & had so many things I liked.

In my time as customer & demo I have only had good customer service from them. No complaints here, just not enough money or space for all the stamps I'd like nor time to use them all!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

I've scrapbooked for almost 4 years before I discovered Stampin' Up. I started to get into more techniques and started to challenge myself to improve but really had no clue. I had no one in my area that scrapbooked so I was on my own. I don't have an eye for color so Stampin' Up has really been a life saver for me. I LOVE the color families and that everything co-ordinates. I made a few Christmas cards with scrapbook supplies but other than that NEVER made cards. I now enjoy making cards and creating. I am able to get my pages done a whole lot faster. I did some good work earlier but it would take a whole day to pick out the papers to start. (That's really not exagerating) I know there are other companies that have co-ordinating lines but they are not as easy to get here. At that time there were no LSS and could not even find supplies at Walmart. Now that there are, they still do not offer complete lines or companies but just a broad spectrum.
When I first saw the catty I never dreamed I would want to spend $40 on a stamp set so the actual stamps did not interest me, just the cardstock and accessories. Boy have things changed.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 09-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh yes. I should also add that I can stamp with DD who is 3. I could NEVER haul my scrapbook supplies out with her now. The small items she would dump on the floor and step on and she would go wild with the scissors, unravel all my ribbon. It would be too much to keep track of. With stamping she is great. On good days, I can even get something done myself.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 09-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #55  
Embossing Fanatic

I found out about SU! through my former boss at work and she got some other of our co-workers into it as well. Now it's always so fun to take the things you make into work and show off your creativity! It has made me look forward to going into work some mornings =) And I signed up to be a demo this week and I'm so excited about it!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just love the stampin up stamps! I love the prices of thier stamps. too. I had been in kind of a slump when I was introdiced to SU about 2 years ago, and it was just what I needed! When I was a demo ( I signed up just for the starting package) I was always treated with kindness and respect from the SU employees that I talked to. I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with the company
Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #57  
Compulsive Stamper

Love IT!!!!!

I was so happy to find an outlet to help spend my time doing none school things! I was quickly addicted. Love the paper! Love the stamps! Love.......everything!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

I love everything about SU. I love that the ink pads and papers coordinate with the ribbons, eyelets and brads. I love that the markers and wheel cartridges also coordinate with the papers ink and embellishments. It all matches!!!

Before I was introduced to SU, I did not think that I had a creative side, boy was I wrong, stamps, ink and paper and I am more creative than I ever thought I could be.

I have made some of the best friends a gal can have through SU. I have come out of my shell and can actually stand up in front of people and speak!!!

Most of all, I love that SU is paying for me and my hubby to go on a FREE cruise to the Panama Canal in April 2007!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks to SU I have become creative (thank God for stamps - I can't even draw a decent stick person!), met awesome people, and somewhat have a life. People I send cards to save them and show them off which has helped to build my self esteem. I love the product, and I am so fortunate to have a great demo who is also a great friend.
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Old 09-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Yes, I LOVE Stampin' UP! I'm too tired right now to type out my lengthy list of reasons why but suffice it to say all of the wonderful things that have already been said and more!!!

Kathleen
Old 09-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default I love SU and SCS!! :-)

A STAMPIN CRUISE!!! That sounds terrific! I wanna go! Thanks to the person who started this thread. I dabbled in making cards before I ever heard of SU, but since my first Stamp Camp about a year ago...I have learned so much...and learned how creative I can be. I have just been on this SCS site a couple of weeks, but I absolutely love it! It is the best On-Line Board experience I have had. Everyone has been so kind and encouraging! Thank You SCSers!! LM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochelle1021
i wish i could go on a stamping creuise...stamp..see the sights....relax stamp.....have margarita

i love all the sthe stamp sets as long as they are not cartoony, papers are the best.......love the punches
ribbons....i could go on all day long....i wish they were a little cheaper

Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

I absolutly love everything about SU!!! From the stamps, to the inks, accessories, and more, I truly love all! However, even better than that are the friends/community that I have met through SU. They are priceless!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Love Love Love it!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:35 AM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Thumbs up In love with Stampin' Up! and SCS :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankie
I love SU! Ever since the very first workshop I went to nearly a million years ago . . . .
I love the stamps -- wonderful images and they come in sets!
I love putting them together myself exactly how I want them to be.
I love the great cardstock and coordinating inks and markers.
LOVE the accessories.
I love that I can get free stuff for hosting a workshop and I especially love Sale-a-bration when I can get more free stamps.
SU has really enriched my life. I'm more creative and I enjoy helping others tap into their creativity. I really think SU and SCS has introduced me to some of the nicest people ever who share my love of SU and stamping!
Frankie really captured all of my thoughts about my love for SU concisely, so I will include her quote! Thank you.

Stampin' Up! and SCS have enriched my life totally! I have gone through some very difficult times the past two years, and stamping has become my "happy place". The inspiration and the encouragement I receive here are priceless. Thank you to everyone who gives of themselves and their talents to bless me!!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:33 AM   #65  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Oh, lots of reasons:

Before I joined SU! I was my kids' mommy and my DH's wife. Now I'm SOMEBODY! (I know...I'm pathetic...)

I can now stand up in front of people and talk without vibrating.

I've made lots of great new friends I would never have met before.

I've been able to support my habit without bankrupting my family.

And selling stamps actually cured me of being obsessed with them, making my purchases more practical and I actually use what I buy instead of just buyin' it 'cause I like it and stashing it someplace until I get around to it!

And yeah, it's all about the matchey-matchey poo-poo...

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 09-08-2006, 05:16 AM   #66  
Forum Fanatic

I love Su! and SCS! It has given me something to be passionate about and is like therapy to me. I can go into my stamp room and lose myself in making things that will hopefully bring some happiness and sunshine to others. I've got the most wonderful demo who is now a great friend and I have met so many nice people through stamping. I'm like some others who have posted that before stamping the only friends they had was through work or family. I now have something I can call my own.

I love that everything SU! has coordinates with everything else so those of us who are not as creative as others can make something beautiful almost without thinking!

And I have found the best site on the web! SCS has given me so much inspiration and shown me that there are so many wonderful, caring people in the world. I love how everyone supports each other and are so helpful, especially to those of us new to stamping.

I guess I just love everything about SU! and SCS!

Kathi

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Old 09-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #67  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

All of the above and more! I was never into rubber stamping until I was searching the internet one day for what I thought was a mainly scrapbooking website. A friend had given me the name of a company that I thought was SUp. I don't think it was SUp she meant, but I called the Demo anyway and a year later signed up under her. I love to rubber stamp and never thought I would. Scrapbooking was my thing and now I can do both with SUp's expanded line of scrapbooking supplies.

SUp totally rocks!!!

My Gallery ~ My Blog
Old 09-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Default Me too, me too!

I love SU!, too!
I went to my 1st SU! party with a totally pessimistic attitude thinking that a "stamping party" was the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, well it only took about 15 minutes or so and I was hooked, it was fast!

I was just so excited to find something that was creative that I could actually do, that was the best part for me. It is fairly easy to learn and you can take it from there as far as you want to take it!

Even my family has noticed that I have changed since I started stamping, in February, and they love it, too. I am happier, more relaxed, my daughter and I talk more and now have something in common. She is 14 so it is hard to have something in common with a teenager (though I still "feel" like one, too) so the fact that she likes stamping with me is really awesome! And she is so proud of me when I make her a really pretty card for a teacher or one of her friends, if she doesnt have time to do it.

I never even winced once at the price until I went to Michaels and looked at what 1 single stamp costs and I was totally shocked. Why wouldnt everyone buy their stamps from SU! for the price you cant beat it??

Oh and I love that the paper and inks all match so perfectly!

Anyway, it is fun to read everyone elses reasons for loving SU! and stamping and a lot of us love it for the same reasons!

So,
Dear SU!,

Love, Jimmi
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 09-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #69  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie
So how has stamping/scrapping/crafting changed you?
I know I am not the only person who's husband told her to "get a life" or "get a hobby". At first I was SO hurt by that, but once I was knee deep in stamping and scrapbooking and going to events and making new friends and having fun, I realized why my husband wanted that for me. I am greatful for that.

Additionally, I also had one of those stereo-typical relationships with my MIL. Once I started making cards for her, though, things sort of changed. She always asks me for cards she can mail to others and she brags about me and my cards and is genuinely and sincerely impressed by my work. I gave her a gift for Christmas one year of an assortment of homemade cards and she was taking the whole box with her as she visted her friends and showing them off! That makes me feel good.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #70  
Inking Addict

I would also like to add that one thing I have found about most stampers, in general, is that they are SO generous with their talent. They will share anything and everything with you. It's yours for the asking. Techniques, templates, ideas, patterns, etc. I have never been refused a request by anybody. It's very inspiring.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #71  
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo

I love SU!, too!
I went to my 1st SU! party with a totally pessimistic attitude thinking that a "stamping party" was the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, well it only took about 15 minutes or so and I was hooked, it was fast!

I had a similar intro to scramping. I was invited to a CM party and only went because the person who invited me was someone who I had declined invitations from the past two weeks. I felt too guilty to say no again so I went despite thinking that I was far to sophisticated for such a "crafty" hobby. That attitude lasted about four seconds after I created my first page. Then I started buying CM.

Another friend invited me to a SU event and I went in with another attitude problem: this time it was....I don't need another addiction. I have rent to pay and a child to feed! Now I'm a demo! The rent gets paid and the child is fed ALMOST every day.

You just never know what you're going to like....I guess that's why I believe you should try everything at least once. You may make some mistakes but dang....that's just part of a good life.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #72  
Glitter Queen

I started out using another company's stamps but I switched to SU because I love the designs and I think the general quality of everything is outstanding!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #73  
Mad Swapper

Smile

There's nothing else I've ever done that makes me feel this good about me. And I am so looking forward to taking my husband on our first cruise.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #74  
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Love, love,love SU!!!
I love being a demo!
Love the matching thing too.
In Colors are mmmmmmmmmm!
Spritzer tool is back!
New paper cutter is soooo cooool.
Okay, I should just say I love everything.
My Blog: Yellow and Blue

SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Old 09-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #75  
Creative Crew SU Design Team

I love SU, the quality, the selection, everything!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #76  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

How fun this thread has been to read! I think it's great to see how much we have in common rather than focusing on a few difference and minor problems. Stampin' Up and stamping in general has truly changed our lives for the better. It makes me feel great that I can introduce people to a hobby that can bring them so much satisfaction. THANK YOU to everyone who responded. I was overwhelmed to read the heartfelt responses. Thanks and God bless all you girlies! : )
Old 09-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #77  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for a great thread. It is such a treat to read about all of the wonderful bonuses that this hobby has brought into our lives. I love the quality of SU's products. As a demo, I am proud to represent everything in our product line (even the stamps that I don't really love, but my friends think are the best thing next to sliced bread!).

I have a stressful job and am the Mom to 2 wonderful, but busy kids, so stamping is about having something for me. It is my therapist, as well as my creative outlet. At night, when it has been a really bad day, I can retreat to my stamping room, after the house is asleep, and play with all my pretties!

My husband always urged me to "get a hobby honey, you should do something for yourself". Ha, Ha, Ha, little did he know the addiction that I would be drawn into!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

LOVE SU!
I placed an order and 2 1/2 hours later I got an email that it had shipped. Now, I did pay extra for 2 day, but it's not much and I NEED the stuff for a project LOL

Oh, and when I called yesterday to ask a question, they answered after one ring. Under a minute. Unreal. He was pleasant and gave me the answers I needed. I told him how nice it was that I was not calling a country FAR FAR away where they couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand them. I told him they were all so nice and we love them. LOL

He said I love you all too LOL LOL LOL I'm still laughing about that....
Old 09-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

btt!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #80  
Inking Addict

Me too!!!

The first SU! party I went to....I thought we were going to be doing something with postage stamps!!! I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. I didn't want to go at all.

Then, I told the demo, now my UL, I wanted to become a demo before she was done demoing the first card. She kept saying, well, keep watching....make sure you really like it....

Well...five years later I'm still in love. Its a constant in my everchanging life. Its always here, always when I need a lift, some time for myself, a boost in my confidence level, a need to get out and meet others, etc, etc, etc.

I can't say enough.

Thanks for the AWESOME thread. It is wonderful to read and feel all the positive energy!!!

Hugs to all!