Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Smile Anyone else totally in LOVE with SU?

I just felt the need to share how much I love SU and rubber stamping in general and SCS in particular! I noticed a recent negatively titled thread that got a whopping 7,000 views and I was saddened.
How about a nice positive thread where we all share how stamping, scrapping, and papercrafting has enriched our lives?

I'll start!

Since I started stamping I no longer visit bars, drink destructively, and take strange men home at night. Oh, wait... I never did those things before.

Ok, well.... let's just say I am thrilled that I have discovered an outlet for the creativity passed on to me by my oh-so-talented mother and grandmother. My joy in sharing these beautiful pieces of artwork with them is increased by seeing their joy at receiving them. I feel connected to a long line of lovely and talented women in my family, many of whom I only knew through pictures and stories passed down.

So how has stamping/scrapping/crafting changed you?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

My favorite thing about SU is their AWESOME cardstock and matching ink. I also think their coustomer service is top notch!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Great idea for a thread!

I love my stamps and SU. It lets my creativity flow. Plus, I have met some of the most wonderful people through SU. My upline is wonderful and we are closer friends because of SU. Everyone gets down once in awhile, but overall SU is great. Wonderful products and fabulous people. The people on SCS are great too!!

Paula
Old 09-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Actually, SU really has caused some changes in me. I don't think it's SU specifically, but in combination with other things in my life. I've been more grounded, more inspired, more goal oriented, I've laughed more, I've begun to see the good in things more often than bad. Like I said, it's not SU specifically, but I think it plays a big part, having finally found something that I absolutely love, that can become a big part of my life, to the point of being practically addicted, w/out causing issues in my everyday life. (i do get a little look now and then at the money i spend, but it sure beats the looks of disappointment when DH would come home to a drunk wife, yet again, which is how it used to be.) Sooooooooo, yeah........I LOVE SU!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I love how I can get away from my hectic life and just sit and make something - something pretty that I'm proud of and that I can give to someone else eventually to make their day too.
And ditto on the matching color inks, papers, markers... I never thought that was important when I was still a customer, but I now I see it makes all the difference.

I love that I can find anything I need to make great cards in one convenient catalog. I don't live in the States and would have a very hard time finding things to be really creative with. SU! provides me with great quality stamps, paper, and accessories delivered right to my mailbox.

Mom to three, military SU demo overseas, hopeless SU addict
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Well... It certainly gives me something to dream about all day... and a reason to be on SCS even when I have plenty of other stuff that needs to get done!!!

Seriously, though, I have always loved nurturing my artistic side, have always loved craft, and have always (since probably the age of 2) love taking pictures.... and I think I have found the perfect way for me to blend these loves together in scrapbooking/stamping/papercrafting!!! And... SU! among other companies turned this love into a total addiction!!!!

Now if I could just sit my back side down and create more (I'm currently spending too much time on SCS and spending money on my "addiction"), then this would be perfect!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I like SU...yes. Like their CS and their stamps and everything.

Now if only I didn't struggle to find something to make my monthly club order with! Hehe.
Faerey Blog
Old 09-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me! Me! Me!

I have made so many friends here and have learned so much!!!

I am one of those people that learned how to stamp....AFTER...I was a demo. Backwards, I know, but I knew I would loving stamping. After a few months of hanging out here, I was well on my way to being a *stamper*

I love SU! products soooo much! Quality, selection and service!!! And if ever I have a problem...it is always fixed immediately!! Their service rocks!

Stamping is a such a great stress reliever and now that my stamping room is almost done...I am having so much fun stamping!!!

Great thread!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I am a Stampin up fan!!! I am love with all their stamps and supplies. If I hadn't found stampin up and the ladies here on splitcoast stampers I don't think I would have made it through the long winters here in Alaska. Thanks Stampin up and thank you ladies for helping me get through. . .only one more winter before we move down to the lower 48!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I'm in love with the SU imgaes! There is such a varity and not too many of the "so cuties it makes me want to puke" images. I just really love how I have the freedom to speress myself and the matching colors for EVERYTHING vcan't be beat IMHO.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Stamping has allowed me to expand my circle of friends. Before SU my closest friends were my family and co-workers. I had lots of peripheral friends from volunteer work and bunco but no one close. I spent the majority of my time with my DH. Now after 20 years of marriage that much closeness is just waaaay to much (plus we worked in the same office together). SU has allowed me to grow personally, become more confident in myself as a person separate from my spouse. I use to introduce myself to people as "Ashley, Roger Dean's wife" because almost everyone I met was through my DH, I always associated myself to him.

Anyway - probably much more than any of you wanted to know about me.

I love SU too! Love the products, quality and most of all the relationships it has allowed me to develop.

Banded 12-13-07
Ask me about it! Start 238 Current 138 Goal 125

Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I love my SU demo. She is just wonderful. I've only been with her only a few months and we are developing a great friendship. And her CS has been awesome.

I love all things stampin in general. But since I started, I grown much closer to my sister. She lives about 2 1/2 hours from me and we just don't get together very much. It was always me that made the drive. Well, I got her hooked on stamping (of course, she was the lucky one that her MIL gave her about $500 worth of SU stuff, never used because she decided not to play with it. Hello???!!!). Now she actually comes to my home to stamp, we take turns traveling. We have so much fun and have grown so much closer. She's my big sister and I've always loved her, but now... Well, I really LIKE her and enjoy her company too.

This is why I love stamping, the great relationships I've developed over ink stains, dirty stamps, exciting new rubbah and hilarious goof ups!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

I *heart* SU! I love the quality of ALL the products. I love the matching CS, ink, and accessories; it makes stamping SO easy!

I love all the support I have received as a demo. They listen to all our concerns and improve their products and services when they are able to.

I love all the ideas they provide. The catty is FULL, plus the demo magazines they provide.

I just love it all!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #14  
Sassy Shani

Wow girl...you really need to learn how to multi-task. I stamp and am still able to do all of those things!
Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie
Since I started stamping I no longer visit bars, drink destructively, and take strange men home at night.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
Wow girl...you really need to learn how to multi-task. I stamp and am still able to do all of those things!
giggle!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #16  

Quote:

SPEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a hoot.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #17  

I've thought of several more ways SU and stamping in general has enriched my life since I posted...
I have grown much more confident in myself--I can drive to strange places, meet new people, run my own business, etc. I never knew I had some of this stuff in me!
I have an outlet to get out of the house when my kids are driving me bonkers and I feel like an unappreciated house-wife. Once again I have a "title" other than "just" a SAHM.
I've met my awesome upline and been blessed with an incredible downline, all of whom are friends I hope I never loose track of. Not to mention over sixty -plus customers that I never would have met otherwise.
My rubber collection has tripled, and I hardly paid for any of it--all hostess benefits, free stuff, Great Rewards, and out of my Instant Income.
Plus I have hardly let a day go by since I joined SCS where I haven't visited, posted, shared, learned and laughed! So I'm very happy stamping is in my life.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I LOVE SU too!

I have made several new friends since I started stamping, and have become closer to a couple of my friends because of it also. And now I have a craft in common with both my mom and my grandmother - the three of us get together regularly to stamp, scrapbook, and just 'show off' our newest creations!

Stampin' Up also offers great service to both their demonstrators and their customers. It is great to be associated with such a company.

And of course I love their stamps, coordinating colors, and their scrappin' kits!

Thanks for starting such a great thread
Old 09-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have met so many new friends since I started stampin.... It has given me time for "ME" , ofcourse I love everything about SU also, love the sets of stamps, awesome cardstock, and matching ink.... ribbon, embellishments,.. did I tell you I Love SU? thanks for a great thread!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie
I just felt the need to share how much I love SU and rubber stamping in general and SCS in particular! I noticed a recent negatively titled thread that got a whopping 7,000 views and I was saddened.
How about a nice positive thread where we all share how stamping, scrapping, and papercrafting has enriched our lives?

I'll start!

Since I started stamping I no longer visit bars, drink destructively, and take strange men home at night. Oh, wait... I never did those things before.

Ok, well.... let's just say I am thrilled that I have discovered an outlet for the creativity passed on to me by my oh-so-talented mother and grandmother. My joy in sharing these beautiful pieces of artwork with them is increased by seeing their joy at receiving them. I feel connected to a long line of lovely and talented women in my family, many of whom I only knew through pictures and stories passed down.

So how has stamping/scrapping/crafting changed you?

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! I would have choked to death!! LOL

I love Stampin' Up! for so many reasons, but probably the biggest is that I have had to "come out of my shell" since becoming a demonstrator. I had a really hard time speaking in front of people before, and now I have a blast doing workshops. It just took becoming passionate enough about something. I love the product, and I LOVE the support I have received from the company.
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

I love how the colors are all matchey-matchey and well...."Joood proof"!! So easy for me to match the cardstock and inks.....
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm a pastor's wife, and a stay-at-home mother of three, and--as I always say at my workshops--"The thing I love most about rubber stamping is that is has nothing to do with 'Ministry' or 'Motherhood'! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE being in the ministry. My husband is the greatest pastor ever!! And my kids are the center of my universe!! But, you know, we all need something that is all our own. And when I sit down to stamp, it's because I want to. It's not because anyone needs me to, or expects me to, or I have to have it finished before service on Sunday...it's just for me!" That's what I love about Stampin' Up!!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I love SU! Ever since the very first workshop I went to nearly a million years ago . . . .
I love the stamps -- wonderful images and they come in sets!
I love putting them together myself exactly how I want them to be.
I love the great cardstock and coordinating inks and markers.
LOVE the accessories.
I love that I can get free stuff for hosting a workshop and I especially love Sale-a-bration when I can get more free stamps.
SU has really enriched my life. I'm more creative and I enjoy helping others tap into their creativity. I really think SU and SCS has introduced me to some of the nicest people ever who share my love of SU and stamping!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed
I love how the colors are all matchey-matchey ....
Now that's a new catchy phrase to use at workshops! LOL
Old 09-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

• I like being able to create a nice little piece of art from a single piece of cardstock - or "bling up" some little gizmo from the Dollar Store.
  • I love the way I've developed as a person while being a demo - more confident in myself and my abilities.
  • Made some wonderful new friends!
  • Love the variety of images, how there really is something for everyone (whether you adore cute countrified images or clean modern drawings)
  • Love the high quality products, and the selection of colors. And I adore the great new designer papers!
  • Love that I now send cards more frequently and can encourage friends and family.
  • Love it when someone compliments something I've done, then cry out in disbelief, "You MADE this!?!?" (OK, it only happened once - but it was a wonderful feeling!)
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Old 09-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

I do accounting work for a living and have always considered myself to be an uncreative person. That is until I was introduced to SU! by a dear friend of mine. Suddenly I *am* artistically creative!! Wow! I'm thoroughly addicted to this hobby and would stamp all the time. Only two things stop me:
work - gotta earn money for more stampin stuff!
school - just a few more months to finish that degree...then I'm free to stamp, stamp, stamp!!!!

And I gotta tell you gals - I LOVE this site!!! It's a fabulous place for ALL kinds of things stamping and non-stamping related!!! Thanks to you all for being your wonderful selves!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Stamping is just for me, my time.
I love to create and design.
I make other people happy when I give them a hand stamped card.
I am able to make scrapbooks for others (for a fee) who would ordinarily just shove their photos in a box.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for such a nice thread.....I love stamping because it is fun fun fun!!!! and I like having something to do when I stay up late at night

I love making personalized cards for the ones i love....plus i love collecting all of the craft stuff that you "need"
Old 09-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #29  

Yes I too enjoy the creative side of SU. I like the matchey-matchey aspect, but it's the stamps that speak to me. I have seen others and there are other companies (oh NO, say it ain't so) that I do buy from. However I ALWAYS have a huge wish list in every catalogue and when the list comes out I always scramble to see how many I NEED before they go away.

I am not a demo although my demo keeps trying to convince me. I do teach at my LSS. I work full time and it's just not in the stars right now. My DH is self employed and we like the idea of one regular paycheck with bennies (health insurance). Did I mention he just got a check yesterday for over $1000 that BOUNCED. That's out of his acct and no telling if the guy will ever make good.

But yes I love SU for many of the reasons you all listed and we should all boycott the other thread and let it die a natural death.
My Facebook Page
Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Stampin Up has changed the way I create. I was a scrapbooker before I was a stamper. I was a huge hoarder of scrapbooking supplies. So much that I never scrapbooked because I was overwhelmed by how much stuff I had. When I found Stampin Up, I decided to purge almost everything I had and start over with just SU cardstock, inks, etc. It has helped me to be a much more productive scrapbooker and stamper. I just love how everything coordinates. I just love their stamp designs.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

I love the matching cardstock and inks, but I really love the color families.
I love the images and find them much nicer than some of the competitors.
I love the way there is usually a sentiment included in each set making it immediately useful without having to buy sentiment sets.
I love the size of the examples in the IB&C and that the recipes are included.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

I love StampinUp! because it makes my stampin' so much easier! All the coordinated papers, inks, markers, etc., just make me feel so creative and so much more productive. My demo is awesome and I couldn't be happier with a company than I am with SU!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Hehe, we all love you girl!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

BTW, I love SU, the colors, the matching papers and more! I especially love the new *in colors* they are soooo yummy!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

SU has my favorite stamps, some of them are just gorgeous. And I love the Rich Regals and the Autumn colors, just awesome. Love it so much I joined an SU stamp club.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

I LOVE IT ALL!!!! And yes I was shouting. SU started out as a way for me and my DD to spend some time together doing something we both enjoy. Now DD is off at college earning a degree in Graphic Design something she never thought about before she started stamping. I am enjoying making stamping my business as a demo, teaching anyone who can sit still for a few minutes how to express themselves with rubber and ink.

I love the opportunity to get my stampin' fix either free or at a discount and I too love the matchey-matchey part. I also love SCS and the community of friends I have found thru this awesome site.

Barbara
Old 09-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

A thread I can feel good about posting to.

What I love about Stampin' Up! (and I'm just a good customer, not a demo):
1. Their images - the best - I'll end up with the whole catty before the year is out! LOL!!!!
2. Matching cardstock and ink - I cannot color coordinate anything, they take the guess work right out of it! Stampin' Up! helps me feel like an artist!
3. Everything they sell is TOP QUAILITY. I have never been dissatified with anything I have purchased!
4. Stampin' Up! has a generous hostess benefits system and added promotions throughout the year
5. I have made so many friends through Stampin' Up! and stamping in general
6. Through Stampin' Up!, I have been able to combine the crafting of scrapbooking and stamping
7. The service is awesome! my demo placed my last order on Monday and I will have it in my hands in Texas tomorrow (Friday)!!!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love SU! One fact that I appreciate is how well they can adapt thier products every year to keep up and be the forerunner to new craft trends. I also love how they've been working hard to step up their products for scrapbookers. And the IB&C, the coordianting inks, papers, accessories... Did I mention I love SU
Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

I love everything about SU!. I have been using SU for about five years and have been a demo for the last year. I have made so many friends that I would never had met if not for SU. My family and friends love getting hand made things from me and it makes me feel good to see them smile with enjoyment. SU ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #40  
Kookie Creator

Stampin' Up! ROCKS! I have finally found a hobby that I can do from home in the stolen moments while my small children sleep. I love how it feels to make something lovely. I love that there is a spot in my home that is Mommy's corner. I LOVE TIME OUT! I love the smile and pride that new stampers get when I show them simple things they can make and share. I love that I am slowly converting all of my friends and family into stampers! I love the happy person I become when I take a minute for myself.

Even my husband will agree that Stampin' Up! has been one of the best things that ever came into my life (as long as he doesn't find out how much I have really spent... )

-Alta