Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Default Anyone attend Mpls Scrapfest?

I attended the Minneapolis Scrapfest this past Saturday at the Mall of America. It was my first time going and I had a great time. I'm more of a card maker than a scrapbooker but was pleasantly surprised when many of the make and takes were cards. Even saw Tim Holtz up close and in person doing a demo. There were lots of nice people attending and the vendors were lots of fun. Looked around for SCS t's but did not see anyone. It was just packed. Anyone else go? What did you like about it? Did you attend any classes? Next year I would not mind staying overnight...it is a 3 day deal.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #2  
ajm
Insane Embellisher

I was there on Sunday. My DD and I took one class which was great, although not enough time for anyone to finish the project - the class was called Beauty in a Box. The class was also out in the hall in front of Sears, so there was enough space, but lots of noise coming from the rest of the mall and the other class nearby.

The make and takes all looked cool, but with a 45 minute wait in line, we didn't get to make most of them.

I won't go back unless they move the location to a convention center or a hotel with enough ballroom space because I definately feel like we didn't get our money's worth for the make and take tickets.

Ann
Old 09-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

This was my third year. I go with a group of friends and this year my mom joined us. It was a blast. The make and take lines are little to long. I only got 5 done this year. It is best to do them on Friday right at 9:00. I met Tim Holtz and he autographed the project I did in his class. Me and my friends were also fortunate enough that we have in our Worlds Largest Scrapbook Page photo.
I also got a photo with Sandy G. when I took her class.

It was a great time again this year.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:13 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

I went for the first time and I loved it. I thought it was well worth it. Lots of neat demos, and I was able to complete 18 make and takes between Saturday afternoon and about three hours on Sunday I tried to avoid the really long lines, but thought that they were shorter on Sunday, especially earlier. I didn't sign up for any classes. All in all a great time and I will definitely go again!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

The classes are fun. This year I enjoyed all my classes, but there is always a chance of getting a bad class. But for the most part they are great.
Sponsored Links