Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Anybody familiar with Tsukineko Fantastic Brush tips? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/anybody-familiar-tsukineko-fantastic-brush-tips-365854/)

sweetpeas 07-21-2008 03:54 PM

Anybody familiar with Tsukineko Fantastic Brush tips?

I've seen this product at Eclectic Paperie and was wondering if this would work to make markers for SU! In Colors (which don't come in marker form). Has anybody tried this and tell us how it has worked for you? I've read about using new blender pens and the reinkers but am concerned that the blender fluid in the pens would dilute the color while trying to ink up rubber. Thanks for anything you can share!

malice67 07-21-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeas (Post 10617599)
I've seen this product at Eclectic Paperie and was wondering if this would work to make markers for SU! In Colors (which don't come in marker form). Has anybody tried this and tell us how it has worked for you? I've read about using new blender pens and the reinkers but am concerned that the blender fluid in the pens would dilute the color while trying to ink up rubber. Thanks for anything you can share!

last year some people posted that they had used them successfully -- I bought some but never got around to making the markers....

Joan B 07-21-2008 04:22 PM

Hmm. I have some. I'll go test them now. I assume you want me to dip them in a reinker and try and put them on rubber to see if the rubber will stamp that color? To be honest, I doubt it, but I'm up for an experiment.

Now I have to FIND them.... I'll be back

Joan B 07-21-2008 04:27 PM

Wow, you are a genius, girl!!

I found them (yeah me) and took an SU brilliant Blue reinker and dipped the Fantanstix stick in a dot of the reinker. Perfection!! It looks awesome, frankly better than the marker itself. I'll take a picture. I have no idea how to post a pic here, so I will put it on my blog. (Hope it is ok to say that).

Thanks!

dtstampz 07-21-2008 04:52 PM

I have used them with the InColors, and they work great to ink up the rubber stamp! I have a new set all ready for the new InColors...:)

kphorse 07-21-2008 05:43 PM

They are also awesome with the Water Color Crayons too!

stillstampin 07-21-2008 07:02 PM

I am subscribing to this thread - I bought some at least a year ago and have never used them because I am not sure how to use them (Please don't ask me why I bought them because I don't know the answer myself!!!)

calgramma 07-21-2008 08:31 PM

I've used them for the last 2 years for the In Colors....they work great and you can fill the barrel with the ink.....just dip it in the reinker bottle and suck it like a straw....just don't get carried away. I love using them to make my In Color markers!!!!!

littlestamper 07-22-2008 04:05 AM

I use the Ranger cut n dry extra long pen nibs. They work great to make markers especially of the in colors. It only takes a couple drops of reinker per session. I then store each in a separate tiny ziploc bag labeled with the color.

sweetpeas 07-22-2008 04:47 AM

Awesome ladies! Thanks for all the replies! I will now purchase with confidence and give these a go.

sweetpeas 07-22-2008 04:51 AM

Joan--Thanks for testing it out and showing it on your blog! Great looking blog by the way. :)

Joan B 07-22-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeas (Post 10622967)
Joan--Thanks for testing it out and showing it on your blog! Great looking blog by the way. :)

thanks!

ilinacrouse 07-22-2008 06:28 AM

i have had them for a while, I like using them with chalks (or pastels), but I can't make a thin line with reinkers, they would be good for partial inking of a stamp, but I have hard time coloring and controling where I color with them

mastamper 07-22-2008 01:18 PM

I dip my blender pen in a drop of reinker in the lid of the stamp pad.