Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2006, 07:11 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Default Anybody ever been to Stamp Diego in El Cajon California?

I am going to visit there store for Amuseapalooza on July 15 since I will be in San Diego for business that weekend. Is it a kid friendly store? Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:13 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

bump
Old 06-25-2006, 10:32 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

It's a wonderful store............it's where I get my contraband! LOL That is, stuff that is NOT SU! It's not gigantic, but it has a lot of great things in it.
And the staff is really friendly, especially the owner.

Kid friendly.........mmmm, I'm not sure any stamp store is kid friendly because there are so many small items around. The scrap store that I design for has a kid play area that is a great idea, it's surrounded by a half wall and has crayons, a DVD player, toys, etc. to keep the tykes at bay. I can't remember seeing anything like that at Stamp Diego.

Last edited by 11Valerie11; 06-25-2006 at 10:35 AM..
Old 06-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you Valerie. I guess stamp stores aren't really kid friendly now that I think about it. I have two little ones, seven and five, that I might have to bring with me.I have brought them to Archivers and they are fine as long as they get to pick a sticker or two. My husband and parents will be at meetings that morning for our business and I really want to attend the Amuseapalooza event. There weren't any places within two hours of where I live in Illinois and I just on a whim checked San Diego and up popped Stamp Diego. Jenny, the girl that has been emailing me, is super nice. I don't often buy contraband either, but love to check it all out! Thanks again for the info! Have a nice weekend.

Erin
Old 06-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

7 and 5, I'd say bring along a goodie bag/box with crayons, coloring books, and inexpensive wrapped items that they can open every 19 - 15 minutes or so to keep them busy. It's not like 7 and 5 yo are going to be putting things in their mouths and shouldn't be touching things without permission anyway, you know?
I'd go to Amuseapolooza too if I wasn't having a workshop that day.
And, has the store let you know how far inland they are? I'm not sure where you are staying, but it's not coastal! LOL it's more the other extreme!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I have actually Mapquested the store and it is 15 miles from where we are staying. We are staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. It is a few blocks from the convention center right in front of the boardwalk. We were there a two years ago and I don't believe that is really coastal either. I think that is an inlet of water? You are probably laughing at me! I am a Midwest girl and coastal is not something I know. I am really hoping to get to the ocean this time. The last time we were really busy at the show since we didn't bring enough help, but this time I am going to have free time with the kids. I didn the zoo the last time, so other than the stamp store I am not sure what I am going to do with them. Have you ever been to Legoland? Is it worth the drive? Thanks Valerie for the help. I love this place (SCS)! Erin
Old 06-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Your kids are the PERFECT age for LegoLand, I recommend going! My 8 yo loves it there.
The Zoo is a must see, too, especially now that they have added the wonderfully redesigned Monkey Trails.
You're staying downtown, that's a ton of fun! Be sure to take the kids and yourself to Sea Port Village, and the attached grassy park along the waterfront. My kids love to watch the kite flyers, climb the trees, and watch all the boats entering the harbor area.
As far as the beach, well, I love Coronado Beach. The bayside is nice for little ones, but my kids love the waves so we go to the west side of the island. It's not far from where you are staying either. Just over the bridge.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks so much Valerie for your input. We leave tomorrow and I am very excited! Take care.

Erin