Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Any Virginia Stampers out there? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/any-virginia-stampers-out-there-12879/)

meggie7 10-17-2004 11:16 AM

Any Virginia Stampers out there?

I'm fairly new to this website and i'm a brand new demonstrator. I live in Winchester, Va. I'm wondering if any of you out there are here in Virginia!! meg

readsomething 10-17-2004 11:24 AM

Hi, Meg! I'm in Norfolk, VA, near Virginia Beach! I'm a fairly new demo, too -- this is my first quarter with a required minimum.

Welcome to SplitCoast -- this site is one reason I decided to sign up with SU -- there is an awesome bunch of people here!

-- Heather

Suepon 10-17-2004 11:47 AM

I'm in VA!

Hi! I am Susan and I live in Newport News, VA I have been a demo for 6 1/2 years and am enjoying myself every time I do a workshop! I am now a supervisor to a great team of 4 directs and one level 2! I joined up with this site on the advice of one of my newest recruits and I love it!
Happy Fall!
Happy Stamping!
Susan

StampinGirlie 10-17-2004 11:51 AM

Hi Meg!
I'm Heather and I live in Purcellville, VA! You're practically my neighbor! In fact my husband and I are looking at houses at your way in the Inwood/Martinsburg area.

I've been a demostrator since May and I'm loving it! I've been stamping for over 3 years and I can't believe it took me so long to sign up!

We'll have to get together and stamp! My upline just moved to Berryville this summer!

Heather
[email protected]

troublesmom 10-17-2004 12:21 PM

I'm in Virginia, but very near the NC border. South Central in the state!

stampin2day4ever 10-18-2004 03:47 PM

VA stampers

Hello,
I am a NEW to VA stamper.I moved from Seattle to DC due to the Military and live in Va I am just a few miles out of DC....
Good luck in your SU business dont be your best costomer.LOL
Have a great day,
Monica

Stamplady 10-18-2004 04:06 PM

im in stafford, VA...i have been a Demo for 7 months and love it! course im my best customer! :)

Loretta

Tracy14 10-18-2004 04:13 PM

I actually live in NC, but just south of the VA border. I am a very new demo, my first quarter to meet mins is this one too. My extended up-line group is actually based in Virginia(Hampton Roads area) and I actually go to meetings up there in Chesapeake for it.
Tracy Birch

jennkb 10-18-2004 04:50 PM

Wow! I can hardly believe how many of us are new demos! I am in Mechanicsville - just outside of Richmond - and this is my first quarter with a required minimum.

Jennifer

row4d 10-18-2004 05:05 PM

I may be in GA now for school, but I'm from Portsmouth, in Susan and Heather's neck of the woods.

txschic 10-18-2004 05:11 PM

I am in Fredericksburg and have been a demo for over a year! I love it and basically do it just for myself!

Keri :D

camarogal969 10-18-2004 05:53 PM

from Va

Hello everyone. I'm in Warrenton. I've been a demonstrator since January 26. Went to a Stampin' Up! workshop in December, hosted one the middle of January and decided to sign up and have been having fun ever since.

Tara 8)

pfamilygal 10-18-2004 05:58 PM

Used to be! And boy do I miss the beach! Lived in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, worked at Norfolk General Hospital. Now I'm a Texan. Sigh....

amyboomboom 10-18-2004 06:25 PM

Hi Meg!

I live in Alexandria, VA. Just near DC.

I have been a demo for coming on two years now. SU is great! You can make it what you want. Do several workshops a month, and take a month or two off! What a job!

Enjoy

Mzaiderman 10-20-2004 04:35 AM

Hi-

I used to live in Alexandria and I taught school in Arlington for 7 years. I now live in Gaithersburg , Maryland--just a short drive away, if NOT in rush hour!!!!

Michele

skpupy68 10-20-2004 05:55 AM

Hello from Northern VA! I'm from Alexandria too! Monica from Ft. Belvoir - we are right down the street from each other! I live off of Beulah rd. - cool name!

Mo

amyboomboom 10-20-2004 07:00 PM

Hi Mo!

I live off of Telegraph road. I drive down Beulah Road several times a week! I probably have passed you on the street!!! How funny is that!

Hope to meet you soon!

PH in VA 10-20-2004 07:42 PM

Another Shenandoah Valley stamper here. I live between Staunton and Harrisonburg. I'm not a demonstrator, but I help keep my good friend in business. :lol:

SherryAnn74 10-22-2004 06:20 PM

Hi all! I am Sherry in VA Beach. I am not a demonstrator, but buy enough products that I should be...lol! Anyone going to the Rubber Stamp Show this weekend in VAB?

Also...Monica, my maiden name is Stockton! It was funny to see it in writing, I have never met another Stockton before. Is it your married name? The Stockton side of my family is from El Paso, TX. :)

teressa 10-22-2004 06:35 PM

We are moving to VA beach in 3 weeks...i was actually up there all week(came home yesterday) and had planned to go to the rubber stamp festival but my friend who lets me stay with her bought a house and has to pack all weekend, so i had no place to stay...so came home :-( very sad about missing it!

i would love to get together with other stampers in the VA beach area! I have only been a demo for a few months but have been quite a GOOD customer of myself, LOL. I had a class and it went great and gave me leads but with moving i am losing that. So would love to have others to share ideas with and stamp with up there!!!

skpupy68 10-22-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryAnn74
Hi all! I am Sherry in VA Beach. I am not a demonstrator, but buy enough products that I should be...lol! Anyone going to the Rubber Stamp Show this weekend in VAB?

Also...Monica, my maiden name is Stockton! It was funny to see it in writing, I have never met another Stockton before. Is it your married name? The Stockton side of my family is from El Paso, TX. :)

Sherry,

Stockton is my married name. My husband's family is mostly from VA but I think his grandfather had several brothers that were out west. I'm not exactly sure where, though. Did you have a Cecil Stockton in your family? He died in 1998 at 98 I think.

Mo

Madyanne2003 10-23-2004 06:27 PM

Hello all! I just became a SU demonstrator in August. My upline is in NH and I am in Ashburn, Va.

BilliePam 10-23-2004 07:48 PM

Hi all you Virginians!!! I am from Va Beach. I was just wondering if any of you have heard about our area having a SCS gathering? That would be great fun!!! Happy Stamping. :D

Virginiastampingal 11-22-2004 12:02 PM

Virginia stamper!

I'm from Abingdon, VA near Bristol! This is my first quarter as a SU demonstrator, and I love it!!!

mmbadness 11-22-2004 12:17 PM

Martinsburg

hi I live in Martinsburg, WV. I am also a SU demostrator, as of this summer. You can email me at [email protected] I would enjoy getting together and comparing notes and of course cards..

Becky

loca4stamps 12-01-2004 07:43 AM

Hello!
I live in Fredericksburg too! I have been a customer for two years and a demo since May, and I mostly do it for the discount, but have a couple of good customers, and do a workshop occasionally. I am still my best customer!

bergstamper 12-01-2004 08:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm in Woodbridge VA. I've been stamping for for 6 years and have accumulated many stampin' up and other stamp sets (200 6"x11" boxes full!). I was a tole-painting teacher and I never thought I'd enjoy anything more than painting. A friend dragged me to a CTMH party and I thought "Why would anyone spend so much time on cards to give them away?" Now I make and send out numerous cards to people at my church and I teach Stamping in my home. I'm not with any Co. I just have workshops once a month and we make 6 cards for $10. I love to attend workshops too. If anyone is in my area please send me info and I'll come. I don't pass up too many opprotunities to stamp.
[email protected]

wrenchgirl 12-01-2004 08:29 AM

[quote="SherryAnn74"]Hi all! I am Sherry in VA Beach. I am not a demonstrator, but buy enough products that I should be...lol! Anyone going to the Rubber Stamp Show this weekend in VAB?

I didn't know there was a stamp show this weekend???!!!!! Where is it? At the Pavalian?

Hi, by the way, I'm Amy and I live in Chesapeake. I've been a demo since July and I must say I am my best customer. It is far too easy and tempting just to order anytime I want!!!!!! I just love punching those codes, either for me or for someone else.

Laurelstamper 12-28-2004 06:46 AM

Hi everyone---- I am a SU demo from PA and I live and work in DC during the week and on some weekends. I have a friend who lives in Purcellville- she's got five kids! She's great!
We VA and DC :lol: stampers need to get together!

skygoddess 12-28-2004 06:58 AM

Hi and welcome to virginia...I am in leesburg...we are pretty close to eachother.....pm me if you wanna get together for a stamp playdate.....hehehe...

mmbadness 12-29-2004 06:52 AM

hi Laurelstamper and Skygoddess.
I live in WV which is only 30 minutes from Leesburg, 25 from Hagerstown, 45 from Frederick Md.
I actually work in Frederick
We should pick a central location and get together
Becky

Laurelstamper 01-03-2005 04:39 AM

getting together

yes we should get together.

where would we meet and what should we bring???

Laurel

mmbadness 01-03-2005 04:52 AM

getting together

hi Laurel,

Let's pick a Saturday or Sunday and meet at one of our houses. We can take turns meeting at each others house. IM fine with you coming to my house if that makes it easier.
When my friends come over, we hang out in the dinning room, with scrapbook/card making stuff all over the room. My friend brings scrapbook pictures and stuff and I usually make cards. I need to make several cards for my mother so IM sure I would be making cards. When my friend comes she brings her paper, embellishments, glues, cutters, stamps, inks etc. We put everything with in reach for everyone to use. Sometimes it works really good when she has a sheet of paper im searching for and I dont find it or a tool I may need. * I havent found my embossing gun since i moved..lol*
you can email me at
[email protected]
Becky

stampinfredva2004 01-03-2005 05:39 AM

Hi Virginians,

I'm in Virginia too!!! I live in Fredericksburg, Va. I will become a new Demo on January 7th. I love it!!! SU ROCKS!!! I help a friend of mine run her store from time to time here in Fredericksburg called the Tole Country Shoppe(Tole Painting & Scrapbooking store). I can use the classroom anytime I want. As long as there isn't a class scheduled of course. I have enough room for probably about 20-25 people. We could all schedule a date and meet there. Please let me know if your interested. I will talk to everyone soon.

Laurelstamper 01-03-2005 05:44 AM

Stamp Date

Hey there--- it sounds like fun to get together.
I do not have a house of my own (I live in a shared space in the city) so I am not sure how my landlord would feel about a bunch of Paper Goddesses in her home, but I am game.....

Have stamps and supplies--- will travel!!!

Let me know--- LAurel

mmbadness 01-03-2005 05:44 AM

Fredericksburg Va

Sounds like a good field trip to me. I would suggest we wait until spring so we know everyone who signs up can make it whether providing.
HOw far away from Winchester are you?
Becky

Laurelstamper 01-03-2005 05:46 AM

Winchester

I am not far from Winchester... I am in NW DC, so it's a hop skip and a jump away for me!!!!

LindsayKnob 04-14-2005 03:12 PM

Another Northern Virginian

Hi...I am in Herndon...however, I am a CTMH consultant! I definitely feel outnumbered, but really do love all the companies (CTMH, SU, and TAC)!

Lindsay

skpupy68 04-14-2005 03:16 PM

Lindsay,

Don't feel outnumbered. While most of us are SU! lovers, we are all stampers!

Mo

CandCsMom 04-14-2005 03:29 PM

My hearts there in VA. I lived in Manassas, Virginia, my entire life until July 2004. My husband was given an opportunity in Lexington, KY, that he couldn't pass up.

I do have to say that I do not miss the N.VA. traffic.