Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #2161  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello ladies,
I just want you all to know that I have still been thinking about you all. Since we started homeschooling I have gotten soo far behind in making cards. I still love you guys so much and I will get on the ball in mailing cards again soon. Hopefully, I will have some sent out next week.

Lana, I agree with you , I think that we should stop the list. My gosh I can remember when out list was 50 people long! I too hate to turn people away but we have to stop somewhere.

Love to all,
Crystal
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #2162  
Inking Addict

Happy - Happy mail today. Received 3 B-Day cards. Thank you Melanie from Houston, Carol from Monticello, IN, and Pearl from Billings, MT. Pearl I loved the envelope. Wasn't even in that much of a hurry to open and see the card, the outside was lovely. Finally opened and loved the card inside also. Carol, your envelope was also lovely. Loved the texture on the back flap and how you carried the texture to the inside to the front of the card. Melanie where did you get that patterned paper? I love it. Do share. Your card was wonderful. Great job.
I am sorry I have not gotten out any mail. I started a part time job in May and it has pretty much turned into full time. The company is telling me I should be done by x-mas. My card making is getting alot behind. I am planning some big card making over the Thanksgiving holiday. Look out pen-pals. Happy mail is coming. Thank you again for the great cards girls. You made my day.
Oh by the way Pearl, tonight I had to run to my local Shopko. While there I had to look over the craft isles. Found a stamp that I had to have, so I bought.
Have a great weekend everyone.

SIS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #2163  
Insane Embellisher

Hi
Out of curiosity....do most people put thankyous on here when they recieve a card?

I have only had one person say they have recieved mine, and I don't know whether it is due to postage times, or not recieving my cards.

Anyhow I hope everyone has a great weekend (Ours is here so I guess yours is tomorrow?)

Thanks Siobhan, I looked at the bellas now I am gutted we can't get them here!!!!!! They are so cute.

Hugs too all
Lou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #2165  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
Connie S. I hope it's not serious. You take care of yourself. I got my pneumonia shot this week but don't want the flu. And don't EVEN try that one in the nose..........that's a LIVE virus. YIKES! The shot isn't.

Ok Diane.........now I'm a poota bra. ROFL

Where's that other poota, Lesley? Are you hiding out? Ashamed for picking on me? Hmmmmmmmm

Hugs Girls!
Carol
in Pootaville IN
NOOOOOOOOOO not in hiding trying to catch on domestics and cards ..........
me pick on you............. never.............. my friend in pootaville
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #2166  
Embossing Fanatic

nope- not a mammogram tech!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #2167  
Die Cut Diva

Diane--are you a school Nurse?

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #2168  
Rubber Obsessor

hello all! I too am not that great at posting my thank yous..but, will try and start doing that! I have just sent a batch of cards out a few days ago, so will start with the ones I've rec'd since then!

SO>>> thanks go to Siobhan, Marilu, Connie S, Lana and Lisa!!!! I'm starting on my next batch this evening...and am also going to try and send some BDay cards out this month as well. I will be out of town next week on business, but plan on taking some images along to color on the plane and in the hotel in the evenings...

I truly enjoy going to my mailbox and usually finding happy mail in there!! And I enjoy reading what's going on with those of you that post in this thread regularly!

Again, thanks go to Lana for her great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #2169  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Ladies....
so nice to check in here and catch up!
I received awesome happy mail from Lana, Thank you so much!
The Halloween card is so FUN and CUTE!

Happy mail from Sarah was incredible...I felt like a little kid with a present!!!
You are such a sweat-heart! Thank you for giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling!

Laura O, I sent off your B-day card...sorry so late! I wasn't able to get thru all the October bdays, I intend to do better for November tho!

I definately want to be here permanently! You ladies have no idea how much joy you bring to me. I am learning more about stamping and I am having a blast! I so much enjoy getting to know you all!!!

I have more mail going out tomorrow. YIPEE!!!
Have to go to Mercy Pain Management Center at 8am tho so I will be layed up a day or two. They injected Cortizone into my neck and shoulders last month but it didn't help. Tomorrow they are injecting a more powerful medication. I so much hope this one works.

Stac, you made my day when you emailed me that you received my card and really enjoyed it! You are my inspiration ya know!

Blessings to all of you and yours...
Happy Stampin!
Khara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #2170  
Hardware Hotshot

[QUOTE=digirlwiz@comcast.;7602918]Hello everyone! Another RN checking in! I will send a surprise gift- (scrapping/stamping related!) to anyone who can accurately guess my job! Nursing is a huge field-but I bet someone can come up with it!

Hi Diane, do you work in endoscopy (don't know what the term might be in the States, putting 'scopes down people's throats or into other orifices)? Trust a nurse to bring up the unmentionables lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #2171  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
New stamps. Must hit Michael's before exercise class tonight. Is shopping for stamps exercise????

Dolores
Of course it is, good aerobic exercise, picking up the stamps, drooling over them, heart racing as you find the perfect one for that special project and then running to hide yet another one in your stash before hubby catches you (or is that just me lol)?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #2172  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Tara and Catherine- not a school nurse or an endoscopy nurse! Nothing with real 'equipment' , nothing really technical, I work with adults- 18 and over- not in a true hospital setting- although that may not be the case in every state! Something I hope none of you or your family ever need my services (nope- not cancer related) but we do serve a pretty large population- my 2 clinics have a current census of over 1000 patients (547 and 518 in each clinic!) and really do provide a much needed service!
thanks for trying-- off to work I go!
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #2173  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Diane are you a psychiatric nurse?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 AM   #2174  
Stampin' Fool

Goodmorning Everyone!
I am sorry I have not been real good at posting Thank You's, but I always send a card back! I was sick for 5 days, and now am behind schedule on pen pal and craft fair, its in 15 days!!! yikes. I am back on the ball though and ready to play!
I am sending out 6 cards this morning!!
Carol M. in IN, Sarah K. in IL, Dolores R. in OH, Laura O. in CT, Rachel H. in SC and my awesome Sister Khara W. in NE!
So watch your mailboxes for the clear envelopes!!
Thank you so much for the cards you guys have sent to me! I love love love coming home for lunch and checking the mail!
I am definately in this group for the long run!
Have a Fabulous day!!! TGIF
Khara; My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your chin up girl! Better days are ahead!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:18 AM   #2175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by loulou31View Post
Hi
Out of curiosity....do most people put thankyous on here when they recieve a card?

I have only had one person say they have recieved mine, and I don't know whether it is due to postage times, or not recieving my cards.

Anyhow I hope everyone has a great weekend (Ours is here so I guess yours is tomorrow?)

Thanks Siobhan, I looked at the bellas now I am gutted we can't get them here!!!!!! They are so cute.

Hugs too all
Lou
Yes, Louise, most people do. It lets them know you received their cards. I think I've forgotten someone so now I have to figure out if I did. LOL There are those that do not post. It is NOT a rule that you do that. Your choice.

I do hope that some are not scared off by the size of the list. You DO NOT have to send to all. Pick a few names & do those. YOUR CHOICE. Or wait for them to send to you & just respond. This is a NO hassle (except Aussie Poota) group here. You are to ENJOY this list. We don't expect to hear from EVERYONE! That would be insane. LOL You don't have to send extras for birthdays, if you don't want. Or try to work it into your schedule. Send as many or as little as you want. Like Lanna said at the start "JUST have fun & don't make it a JOB." You set your schedule of sending cards. No one dictates that to you.
PLEASE do NOT feel overwhelmed by this. Or feel like you can't handle it. You can & it's wonderful to get cards.

I'm one of those that makes several of one design. Some make a different one each time they send. YOUR choice. I like to send some & then switch to a different design. That's why I put it in a column in my spread sheet what card I sent. Otherwise I'd probably send the same card every other month. LOL If you want to discuss it............want to "talk" just PM me.

Hugs
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #2176  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Posts

Quote:

Hi

Hugs too all
Lou
Yes, Louise, most people do. It lets them know you received their cards. I think I've forgotten someone so now I have to figure out if I did. LOL There are those that do not post. It is NOT a rule that you do that. Your choice.

I do hope that some are not scared off by the size of the list. You DO NOT have to send to all. Pick a few names & do those. YOUR CHOICE. Or wait for them to send to you & just respond. This is a NO hassle (except Aussie Poota) group here. You are to ENJOY this list. We don't expect to hear from EVERYONE! That would be insane. LOL You don't have to send extras for birthdays, if you don't want. Or try to work it into your schedule. Send as many or as little as you want. Like Lana said at the start "JUST have fun & don't make it a JOB." You set your schedule of sending cards. No one dictates that to you.
PLEASE do NOT feel overwhelmed by this. Or feel like you can't handle it. You can & it's wonderful to get cards.

I'm one of those that makes several of one design. Some make a different one each time they send. YOUR choice. I like to send some & then switch to a different design. That's why I put it in a column in my spread sheet what card I sent. Otherwise I'd probably send the same card every other month. LOL If you want to discuss it............want to "talk" just PM me.

Hugs
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #2177  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do hope that some are not scared off by the size of the list. You DO NOT have to send to all. Pick a few names & do those. YOUR CHOICE. Or wait for them to send to you & just respond. This is a NO hassle (except Aussie Poota) group here. You are to ENJOY this list. We don't expect to hear from EVERYONE! That would be insane. LOL You don't have to send extras for birthdays, if you don't want. Or try to work it into your schedule. Send as many or as little as you want. Like Lana said at the start "JUST have fun & don't make it a JOB." You set your schedule of sending cards. No one dictates that to you.

OK, I've had it! I'm going uptown today & getting DSL. UGH! Refuse to get Comcast because they charge soooooooooo much. But this dial up is driving me insane. Spent 22 minutes trying to get this message to go through. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Welcome Back Stac. Glad you're feeling better. You go girl!
Welcome back Khara. You've been getting LOTS of Happy Mail. YEAH!

Hugs
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:48 AM   #2178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, my appologies. UGH! I shut the internet off. Came back to the list & the message was NOT there. So I put it in again, without the quote. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some days I hate computers (pootas, puters). LOL
Again, SORRY!
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:10 AM   #2179  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by digirlwiz@comcast.View Post
Hi Tara and Catherine- not a school nurse or an endoscopy nurse! Nothing with real 'equipment' , nothing really technical, I work with adults- 18 and over- not in a true hospital setting- although that may not be the case in every state! Something I hope none of you or your family ever need my services (nope- not cancer related) but we do serve a pretty large population- my 2 clinics have a current census of over 1000 patients (547 and 518 in each clinic!) and really do provide a much needed service!
Diane
are you a rehab nurse??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 AM   #2180  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Diane

Substance abuse treatment nurse?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #2181  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Hi

Hugs too all
Lou
If you want to order them you can have them sent to me and I will forward them to you (after I use them!!! ha ha ha...only kidding!) But seriously, the offer stands! I would be happy to send them on. Anything I can do to enable my buddies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 AM   #2182  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Diane
Hi Diane... Does it have to do with Planned Parenthood?
Morning Ladies! Y'all say a prayer for me this morning... I got up to no sound from my right ear this morning! My balance is catty-whompus and its really annoying! I have had some ringing in that ear for the past few weeks but nothing major and then this morning woke and can't hardly hear anything from it.. you know how it feels when you head is stopped up from a cold or from being at high altitude? thats the feeling.... so just send up a prayer for me!
Hope everyone's day is blessed!!!!
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 AM   #2183  
Die Cut Diva

Diane do you work in a drug/alchol rehab??
Or in a jail??

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #2184  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Diane...

do you work in a methadone clinic?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #2185  
Gallery Gazer

Diane are you a hospice nurse?

oops I read your above post I guess you wouldn't be a hospice nurse if you work out of 2 clinics. Still thinking :confused:

Last edited by stampnangel; 11-02-2007 at 07:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #2186  
Rubber Obsessor

Diane - Are with VNA (visiting nurses)? Or a geriatric nurse who does home health care with seniors?
Karan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #2187  
Matboard Maniac

Happy mail today from Andrea. I love the Fall colors and the skeleton leaf embellishment. I sent three on their way this morning; hope to do more stamping this weekend.
Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #2188  
#1 Gas Bagger

Okay Diane do you draw blood? It's Friday .....YESSSS~!!! Guesssss what Bonnie I got your card in the mail today & I just love it. You put lots of work into it. I love the cat. Thank you so much. And I sent you one out a couple of days ago. Its just beautiful here in MI today. I couldn't hardly stand it I wore Jeans into work for the first time YUK I love my Shorts even in the winter.

And Poota I heard snow Flurbies are in the forecast for monday here. Can't wait~

Hi Penpal Mom miss ya.

I'm gona go take a cat nap with Koby Feeling a little tired. I'm Putting my resume in for an office Job. It's what I've been looking for. Keeps your fingers crossed for me. Gotta get out of that shop.

Love Ya's
Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #2189  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzcatView Post
Of course it is, good aerobic exercise, picking up the stamps, drooling over them, heart racing as you find the perfect one for that special project and then running to hide yet another one in your stash before hubby catches you (or is that just me lol)?
Hee hee................I agree I burn quite a few calories trying to hide my stash before DH see them.;) . No new $1.00 stamps at my Micheals. There are others in Columbus and I may check those out.

Nyoka hope they figure out what is wrong with your ear.

Robin R. Thanks for the Halloween postcard. Love all those eyes.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #2190  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
Robin R. Thanks for the Halloween postcard. Love all those eyes.

What a great idea...I've never thought to stamp postcards. Dolores, can you describe?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #2191  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcstView Post
What a great idea...I've never thought to stamp postcards. Dolores, can you describe?

Here is a picture, it is the size of a post card. The other side had my address on it. It is 5 1/2 inches wide and 4 1/4 in height. Very cute.

Any stamping Pen Pals? (Closed)-pen-pal-postcard.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #2192  
Hardware Hotshot

So cute...thank you for sharing!

Does anyone else make postcards? Do you need to seal them to protect them in the mail?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #2193  
Compulsive Stamper

Hello Ladies--it is a beautiful day in MT today and here I sit on the puter:-) there are so many things I need to work on today and I suppose I will get them done by bedtime. LOL The girls have been arguing and teasing each other all day and Breanna wants to go to town and shop for some things -her B-day is coming up on the 15th and she is wanting to go to the mall and window shop and get some party decorations. We are going to town tomorrow for a retirement party for my Dad and DH didn't see the point of me going today too for a special trip. Sometimes I wish we didn't live so far from town and other times I am so glad we do. LOL--I'd be shopping left and right:-) I was going to ask all of you what you do with your cards and letters from everyone here? I am thinking I am going to start a scrapbook of friends and put mine in that. I think the only other thing that would be very nice is to have a photo to go with them:-) Does anyone else want to do this? Just exchange a photo of ourselves to put the cards with? It makes it that much more personal to see who we are getting to know over the years.
I had thought about doing that in the beginning with my cards that I send out but didn't know what anyone else thought on it.

Hope your all having a great day!

Rene'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #2194  
Insane Embellisher

Rene .... I think the photo idea is a good one! Some on here already have their photo on their avatar but I don't have one to do that with... besides... it may cause the site to self destruct!!!! lol.... If that is agreeable with everyone else... its ok with me!
Carol I got your card in the mail today....not quiet sure how to take it tho.... it was a Sympathy card!! lol..... I am sure that I appreciate it even tho I don't know why you feel sorry for me!!!!! ROFL. It was a beautiful card non the less!!!! Thank you SO much!!!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #2195  
Embossing Fanatic

Melina- YOU WIN!!!! Yes- I am the Nursing Director at 2 of my company's 12 methadone clinics! The MOST rewarding job for me- I see people recover and get better EVERY day! It can be hard at times, but I have a great staff and great patients! Melina- watch your mail for a gift from me!
Good guesses everyone! Psych nurse was close, and Tara you were the closest until Melina responded! Thanks for playing along!
I'm on board with the photo idea- but I am going thru some 'makeover' stuff right now- had gastric bypass in June- so nothing fits right, I have had 4 different hair styles since the surgery-- I buy clothes that only fit for about 2-3 weeks-- I feel like me- but the image in the mirror does not fit yet so I kep trying something else-thank goodness my hair grows fast!
Hope everyone is doing well- go Pats- bug game on Sunday against the Colts!
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #2196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Postcards sound like fun. How much is it to send the Postcard? Of course embellishments would not survive. Just pretty much flat cards? Pictures would be.good. It would be nice to have a picture to go with the name. I got six cards out in the mail today. If you sent me a card, and you haven't got one back, it's on it's way! (I don't have them in front of me so I don't remember who I sent them to! LOL!)
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #2197  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

I also like the pictures idea. That way you match the face with the letter..Hmm, think I better get busy getting some ready..My younger son Cody who is in 1st grade received the TERRIFIC KID award today. Whoo who! He was nominated by his teacher for being the most enthusiastic, helper, loves school, and he got his award presented to him by the Kiwanis Club members and got tons of pictures done today with them, and will be in the local newspaper. Just thought I would share a bit of excitement.

Bonnie H
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #2198  
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to amycr

I find that I don't have the time to do the swaps either due to the amount that I have to produce. One card per month sounds great to me and I would be more than willing to join with you. PM me at [email protected] with more information.

Thanks so much!

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #2199  
Matboard Maniac

I would also like to know how to get put on a list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #2200  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

This is me .................well girls I put my pic on here and touch wood the site is still working lol.........
Reply With Quote Likes