Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #1961  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Siobhan,

He'll be there for 2 weeks. Fortunately he loves Japanese food (even sushi), so he should be fine!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #1962  
Hardware Hotshot

Michigan stampers...check this out!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=296107
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #1963  
Forum Fanatic

Bonnie
That cup is adorable. The gold rim would be nice. I like it like it is but you were talking about it being a lot of work.......I know the cutting is. What if you got rid of the brads by placing the handle on fold. That way you wouldn't need the brads or tie the ribbons in each. BUT take a pretty white or different shade of pink & tie a skinny ribbon into a bow around the "base" of the teacup. Only on the front part, of course. Otherwise you couldn't open it. ROFL Love the idea of the tiny card inside, too.

Back to my happy mail LOVE that stuff. Thanks To Karen Borgeson (love the Halloween card), Khara for the lovely lovely thinking of you card. soooo soft. And a card from Louise, in New Zealand.......Love the bright Christmas card.
thanks ladies.........you're the best.

I was gone all day yesterday. Yes, Dolores you should have went with us. I picked Dorothy up at 7:45 & we headed south to Indianapolis airport. Beth's plane was early so we got to meet my daughter, Terri, & her family for lunch. It was close to the school where she teaches. The rest of the family was on fall break. ANYWAY we got an early start on shopping.......Memoirs scrapbook store, at Clay Terrace, Michael's, Joann's. Then stopped in Noblesville to drop of grandkids Halloween toppers I made. Headed for Marion to take Beth home & see her BRAND NEW craft room. She had it in the basement but when DD moved out she took the doors off the closet, painted the room pink & trimmed it in black & white. WHile she was in FL her DH put her TV in there & moved her shelves for her. On her bulletin board was a note from him that said Enjoy your room, I love you. WOW is he a keeper or what? LOL
THEN Dorothy & I went to Lafayette to Wal Mart to get more ghost peeps, hershey bars, graham crackers & bags for the treats. She wanted some so I made her some for her grandkids. I didn't get home until 8:30. YIKES I was beat.
Now we may get together with two other ladies to stamp on Monday. LOL
Can't get enough.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #1964  
#1 Gas Bagger

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcstView Post
Michigan stampers...check this out!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=296107
Debbie,
I can't thank you enough for passing on this Information. It sounds wonderful. And then I will be able to meet you in person. Wouldn't that be great~!!!

Thanks Debbie

Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #1965  
#1 Gas Bagger

I just checked my mail and recieved a beautiful card from Pam casavoy. I love the colors. Did you use watercolors. I just love it. Thank you so much.

And Bonnie H. I recieved my vintage stamp set today from ebay. I can't wait to trim it and use it. With my card from Pam & Great Info. from Debbie & my vintage stamp set. It's a Good day!!!

Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #1966  
Inking Addict

Hello, fellow pen pals i just received two cards today WOW!
Dolores - Thank you your card is awesome ! thanks for letting me join this is going to be so much fun. Can't wait to send you yours.

Carol- your card and envelope are so cute. thank you so much. I'll have your in the mail soon. You asked where is Baytown it is East of Houston and about 400 miles from Dallas Texas. We have lived here 16 years and we like it. We just bought our second home here and am looking forward to the holidays. i'll write more in my card. Thanks again, liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #1967  
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you Laura O for the pretty dragonfly card. Thank you Mia for the cute heart card. Love the heart clip too.

After the kids go to bed tonight, I'll be pulling an all nighter making my cards. This is really a great time to do it, just me & my music & stamping I'll be happy.

Connie J.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #1968  
Hardware Hotshot

Wanted to hand out some thanks for cards this week...Tammy S, Bonnie H and Debbie S, thanks bunches. I haven't made any cards for 2 weeks, been having some back problems but I hope to get some made up tonight.

Oh I got the new spreadsheet in todays mail Dolores thanks a bunch

I got some great paper (something I really don't need but am so ADDICTED TO) at Joann's today, they have the christmas slabs out and I bought the Glitter Christmas stack for 40% off ...woo hoo And I finished up all my christmas shopping today except a couple stocking stuffers Now comes the mounds and mounds of wrapping

Hope everyone has a great night I'm off to stamp!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #1969  
Forum Fanatic

Glad you enjoyed it Liz. That one & the one I sent to Dolores is from the Hostess set Garden Silhouettes. LOVE that set. I've done tons of cards with that one so people will be getting some of them. Some are the Queen Anne's lace, some the blossoms, etc.
Just finished uploading pen pal cards into a new album in my gallery, called Pen Pals. So, those of you who are new (or not) that want to see what others have received can check them out. Got some awesome cards. Thanks ladies. I got tired so I'll finish uploading tomorrow..........I hope.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #1970  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Carol

I saw your gallery of pen pal cards. Awesome. But, one question..what did you use to take a picture of your cards so you have a clear background. Whereas, my background is wood (from my bookcase).

Bonnie H
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #1971  
#1 Gas Bagger

Good Morning Girls
A Frosty 31 degress here in MI

Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #1972  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittykatView Post
Good Morning Girls
A Frosty 31 degress here in MI

Connie S.
and I have been in the pool most of the day .................
night girls its 11.42pm gotta go to bed ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #1973  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcstView Post
Hi Siobhan,

He'll be there for 2 weeks. Fortunately he loves Japanese food (even sushi), so he should be fine!
Yes, he will be fine then! They do the freshest sushi here...literally pull it from the fish tank! Makes me think of Red Lobster only there are fish in there!

We went to the Salmon Festival today...but arrived literally 2 minutes too late to do the catch this year!! Bummer! There is another festival in 2 weeks, so hopefully we can get our act together for that one! (I forgot the diaper bag at home so we had to turn around and we lost about 30 minutes in the commute! Not a good start to the day!!)

Anyway, I finished cutting the last of the cardstock for the Nov birthday cards! So, hopefully I can stamp those tomorrow. I also finished 8 scrapbook pages in my DS's album!!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!!! I am off to bed...Monday will be here too soon!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #1974  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

Hello everyone!
I have a list of great ladies to thank for recent cards! I know everyone says no guilt with this group- but I feel bad that I have not extended thank yous yet! The cards this week really helped me to cheer up! This was a hard week for me- it was the 3rd anniversary of my Dad's death. He died that same date his mother did 27 years earlier, same day as my brothers' birthday, same day as my best friend's wedding anniversary--- so I was filled with sadness and joy- watched a John Edward episode the other day- where a women who lost a child said 'always blessings, never losses'-- that sentiment really helped me a lot- I am so grateful I had my father for 45 years of my life--and he was the best!
Thanks go to:
Carol M- my first Christmas card- and it is beautiful- love the glitter and the ribbon!
Marcine- another great card- love the jewel and ribbon
Lana- love the autumn colors and the perfect sentiment! Your note was fun to read- I would love to visit Germany someday! The military must be hard- but oh- the places you'll go!
Laura O- don't you just love the cuttlebug embossing templates- what a perfect addition to your Halloween card! The witch is adorable!
Connie S-love the candy corn on the background paper- and the smiling spider- if only in real life!!! Your note helped me get to know you better- I also like snow! Would rather have it fall on my days off so I don't have to rush to clean it off my car to get to work- but that is what I love about living in New England- we get it all!!

I hope I did not forget anyone- this has been so much fun to be part of! I have bunch of cards to address and mail--- that is my goal for today- before I watch the Patriots game---another reason to love New England- our sports teams are awesome!!
Thanks again- Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #1975  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Ladies....
such wonderful posts here... so much TLC for each other!
I love it!
A big Thanx!!! to Laura O for the AWESOME fall card!
This one in suitable for framing for a special fall decoration!

have a beautiful day ladies!
sincerely,
khara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #1976  
Forum Fanatic

Bonnie..........I scan my cards. That's what took me so long. I had to scan into my Adobe PhotoShop Elements 4.0. Then had to come to SCS & up load them. Well, having a dial up machine it takes me waaaaaaaaaaaay longer than most. I would hit upload & then pull up the solitaire game & play. LOL All 80 (I think) are in the album now. I know, I want to see JUST the cards........not the stuff around them. Glad my DD gave me this scanner. It didn't have a book & I didn't have a clue, but it wasn't hard to figure out.

Connie it was only 1 degree warmer here in Indiana. Actually had frost on the windows. UGH! I SUPPOSE I'll have to rearrange my craft room (garage) so we can put the van in it. The car & truck are in DH's big garage. LOL Tomorrow some women are coming to stamp so I'm not going to do it today.
Hope to get more cards made so I can send out the 6 I got this week. Need to help friend make a wedding card. Already have the plan. Then my cousin wants to do some of my cards. Have a feeling I won't get much done. But that's ok. Might stamp later if Daisy behaves herself. She was in the rocks again but think I got her out before she ate any.

God Bless
Hugs
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #1977  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hi Diane,

I'm so sorry that you had a sad day. My husband lost both of his parents and he tells me that I don't know how it feels untill it happens & he tells me I hope you never have to know. I had watched The same John Edwards you had seen also. Did you hear the song at the end of the show they had done for the woman that had lost her child with the words always blessings never losses. John Edwards had tears in his eyes I thought he was going to lose it when he heard those words. and the group was crying also. I even had tears in my eyes. I was thinking at the time I was watching that episode that I would hope my aunt would be watching, she had lost a little girl, and one son in veitnam, and one son who was killed in a tragic hunting accident, and her last son to diabetes. I can't even imagine how she felt all these years. And I think that John Edwards gives people some kind of peace in there lives. It's hard when a loved one passes on other certain events, or holidays. My husband and I were married on 9-11-01 at 9:30 that morning and we won't even celebrate our anniversary on that day. So many people lost there lives and so many people lost there loved ones that day. I don't know why but I felt so quilty being so happy that day, When so many people were selfessly killed & so many people were so sad. I'll be thinking of you kido~ and hope you have a better day. I'm really glad you like my card. I've got to put some of my cards into my gallery. . Take care of yourself okay.

I'll be thinking of you
Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #1978  
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol,

I was just wonderning about that this morning if you were as cold in Indiana becasue your just a state from us. Its 46 here right now. We wanted to rake and burn leaves today but the leaves are just to wet. Maybe tomorrow. I love the smell of burning leaves , it brings back childhood memories from the fall.

I'm gona finish cleaning house then get back in my stamping room and make some cards.

Have a great day carol~

Connie S.
in MI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #1979  
Embossing Fanatic

Connie S- thanks for your kind thoughts! I did hear the song at the end of the show- it was beautiful- and yeah- I cried! I know if I ever saw John Edward- my Dad would come thru- I went to a medium who said he is still a strong presence--I know that, but it is reassuring to me that others can connect with him. I miss calling him during football and baseball games to discuss plays and officiating calls-he is the only one I EVER took calls from during a Patriots game-we used to have seasons tickets so we spent a lot of cold New England days together cheering on our team! Today was a much better day for me. I went out for breakfast with a dear friend- that helped a lot! The pain never goes away- but it is not as sharp as it used to be. I am sorry for your husband and your aunt. I am so fortunate to still have my mom. The loss of a child has to be the absolute worst. Your anniversary is a joy- no matter what day it happened-although I understand the sorrow of the day.
Anyway- onto happier thoughts- off to scrap and make some cards- then watch the football game!
Thanks- Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #1980  
Forum Fanatic

Connie........well, it did go up more than yours. It's 57 here, at 2:30 PM. We won't even talk to Lesley. Anyone who can swim outside today............well, we just won't. LOL
ANYONE who has NOT seen your Santa head card can see it in my Pen Pal album. I JUST uploaded it. I thought I had them all but I had your layed out separately to show the girls. Tooooooooooo Toooooooo Cute!

You have a great day too. Think I'll wait until tomorrow to do the stamping. Don't want to burn out (like that's going to happen...NOT) before they get here. Haven't heard back from 2 of them but we don't care. Dorothy & I will stamp our little hearts out. Maybe I should make lemon bars to snack on.

Wish I could go to the Michigan get together & meet most of those ladies. Oh well, better get the Indiana one behind me, huh? It's Saturday. Do you realize that I'm the ONLY one from Indiana on this pen pal list? Let's face it, you girls just got the BEST. ROFL

Later
Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #1981  
Hardware Hotshot

Carol,

You could definitely join us from Indiana...not sure how long the drive would be, but it would surely be worth it!

Same for anyone here from Ohio.

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #1982  
#1 Gas Bagger

Khara Your a sweetie, And Carol I have to agree about lesley swimming outside today heheheheheheheee your too funny. How dare her. LOL

Diane I'm so glad you had a better day. Friends are wonderful aren't they. I'll still keep you in my thought's.

Your all a Great~!!! bunch of kids.
I'm so blessed to have you all as my friends.

Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #1983  
Forum Fanatic

And we're blessed to have you, Connie, and each and every one of us.
Debbie.......we'll see how far it is once they decide WHEN they want to have it. My girlfriend & I are ALWAYS up for a road trip. LOL I drive & she navigates & helps with gas.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #1984  
Gallery Gazer

Good afternoon ladies. It is a mighty warm day. We lost our game against Toby Keith..Oh well, they played good though. I got alot of pictures too. The weird thing with that is, I took the smaller lens off after the game because he was in alittle bit ahead of us...and thought I wouldnt need the high lens. My son had a football that he asked Toby to sign and I didnt have my high zoom lens on..anyhow, I did get his autograph on a Marine Corp football. Let's see if I can get the pictures through this thumbnail. I hope this works. Toby Keith is the one with the white hat and maroon shirt.

Bonnie

Any stamping Pen Pals? (Closed)-toby-keith-1.jpg

Any stamping Pen Pals? (Closed)-toby-keith-2.jpg

Any stamping Pen Pals? (Closed)-toby-keith-3.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #1985  
Forum Fanatic

Bonnie
They come up nice & big when I click on them. Thanks. Not a country fan but have heard of him.
I forgot to ask...........where do you all get your puff paint? I think that's what they use on their cards for popped up snow, right?

TIA
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #1986  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamperView Post
Good afternoon ladies. It is a mighty warm day. We lost our game against Toby Keith..Oh well, they played good though. I got alot of pictures too. The weird thing with that is, I took the smaller lens off after the game because he was in alittle bit ahead of us...and thought I wouldnt need the high lens. My son had a football that he asked Toby to sign and I didnt have my high zoom lens on..anyhow, I did get his autograph on a Marine Corp football. Let's see if I can get the pictures through this thumbnail. I hope this works. Toby Keith is the one with the white hat and maroon shirt.

Bonnie

Attachment 68287

Attachment 68288

Attachment 68289

How coooooool........................ I think you should make a card for me and then get Toby to sign it ............ now Im dream walking ....lol wish he would come to Australia... a lot of people dont even know him here..........
and Carol not nice, it is very hot here, and we have had the poota off for a while heavy duty tropical storms so I actually getting some catch ups on my letters and cards we had thunder all night and the windows were rattling,
dreadful thunder.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #1987  
Insane Embellisher

Bonnie!!! how great for you that you get to be 'sorta up close and personal' with Toby!! My DIL would just faint!!! She sure likes him a lot. I know she would LOVE to have an autograph. I must admit his movie was pretty good.. He is sorta laid back and all... some of the singers have a head so big you can't get with in shouting distance!!
Thanks for sharing the photos!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #1988  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Bonnie

Attachment 68287

Attachment 68288

Attachment 68289
Oh my....excuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard!!! Oh, there...all better now! Thanks for making my Monday morning!!!

Off to the baby's gymnastics class!!

Hey...I changed my avatar...pics we had taken of the kids!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #1989  
Die Cut Diva

Wink Hello Pen Pals!

Diane, sorry this was a tough week for you. I hope you have gotten past it now and can look forward.

Lana--thanks for your message. It meant a lot, and I really appreciate it.

Need to get busy with some more cards but have to finish my swaps and packages to secret sisters first! Yikes!! Been stamping all weekend too. Thought I'd take a break and say hello to everyone. It was even chilly down south of you all this morning!! Felt good, though. Hope everyone has a good week next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #1990  
Forum Fanatic

Ok, Lesley, is Poota a body part? Are you being nasty? What is it? LOL
You go for it, honey. I would rather have 60 than 90. Just me. Don't like the cold cold cold but don't like the hot. Love spring & fall.

Silly Comcast put the clocks back so my VCR is back an hour. grrrrrrrrr We don't change until next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #1991  
Gallery Gazer

Carol

Doesnt Poota mean....COMPUTER!

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #1992  
Gallery Gazer

Good evening ladies!

Here is the finished Teacup invitation, insert, and embossed envelope. Thanks Carol for the ribbon idea for the bottom. You cant really see it in the picture, but I made a tea bag out of my Sizzix Scallop tag punch with vellum, stamped TEA on it, and added some silver lightweight cording. I think these came out pretty and everyone I showed them to said I did a great job. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Any stamping Pen Pals? (Closed)-tea-party-invites.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #1993  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Carol

Doesnt Poota mean....COMPUTER!

Bonnie
top of the class bonnie.........................yes it does
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #1994  
Stazon Splitcoast

siobhan What a cute pic of the kidlets
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #1995  
Stazon Splitcoast

okstamper sounds funny when you say good evening as I am about to have lunch and watch the view ............ we get that a day later etc not bad like that show .......Im a whoopie fan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #1996  
Glitter Queen

Smile

Hey! Ok, finally got some cards mailed. 8 of you should be getting them the beginning of this week. SORRY about the extra large envelopes. I KNOW I bought small ones but do you think I could find them anywhere? nope. Oh, well.

And, I'm realtively new to this group and haven't talked to many of you but I just got some GREAT NEWS today that I want to SHOUT to the whole world...I got my acceptance letter today for Pharmacy School!!!! I've spent the last year studying for the entrance test and preparing applications and writing essays and going to interviews the past few weeks, and finally...it has paid off. I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Ok, thanks for listening. Off to bed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #1997  
Forum Fanatic

Well, it was a cool 25 degrees this AM but it got to 68 later in the day which was really nice. Got a few cards done this weekend. Made a Get Well card for my SIL. She is doing well, she has been moved to a place to build up her strength so she can go into rehab as she is paralyzed on her left side still. But Praise the Lord she is getting better!

Congratulations tbennett on getting into Pharmacy school!

Siobhan, glad you went ahead and got the CB! I used my CB & Cricut this weekend and just wish I could spend the whole week in my Craft Room! Not enough time to play with all my toys!LOL!

I will be getting out a reply to the 3 cards I received tomorrow hopefully. Everone take care and Happy Stamping!
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 AM   #1998  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kittykat your card arrived down under today thankyou so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 02:49 AM   #1999  
Forum Fanatic

I'm a northerner so I guess I pronounce it different than the southerners & the Aussies. LOL To me Computer is PUTER. Anyway we call in pUter.
Sorry, for the pronunciation. Now, my friends grandson calls it poota but I'm a big girl. Usually too big. LOL

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2007, 02:54 AM   #2000  
Forum Fanatic

Becki
where is Tionesta CA? I see it's the Northeast. My FIL lives in Willows, off I5 near Chico. We were there in May. DH graduated in Petaluma.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes