Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #1761  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Melina, that one was really pretty. I'll have to check into it.

Lesley, check out the picture of Daisy's new bed. She loves it. DH said she'd never use it but she was in it an hour after I brought it home. They were marking them down, at PetSmart. It's their fall "collection".

3:40 and the stupid mail is STILL not here. UGH! I hate it when my regular lady takes a day off. How dare she! She always has it here by Noon.

Carol
in IN
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #1762  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Happy mail for me again. The only mail that was inside my mailbox..Thanks so much for the very cute Halloween card from Jenny M. I just love that scallop punch. I dont have that one. I also liked how you punched the circle out on the front and had another image on the inside of the card. I love all these clever ideas. Thanks for making my day!

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #1763  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Carol......What a gorgeous little pup is daisy........ and the bed looks so cute too ...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #1764  
Forum Fanatic

Yep, Lesley, they are both cute. LOL

Got a beautiful halloween card from Becca. Love it! Soooooooo cute & like the way you did the ribbon. Happy happy mail!

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #1765  
Insane Embellisher

Wanted to say Thank You to Connie S and Laura O for the delightful cards I received this week. I am so happy to still be receiving cards from you ladies. I have a load of birthday cards made to send out, but I don't think I have 11 names! I haven't received an updated list in a while. My son hasn't been able to come check out my computer so I can receive the list... So all you ladies whose names I don't have and who has a birthday in November... I take this time to wish you a VERY blessed birthday!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #1766  
Embossing Fanatic

Default recieved a card today

Just wanted to thanl Carol for the beautiful Xmas acrd she sent me.
I need to find the time to get my cards out. I made a few but just need to address them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #1767  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kota48View Post
I'm not sure where I should be posting this, so sorry if its in the wrong forum.
I was wondering if there is any kind of card swaping Pen Pals out there, I love making cards and send alot to family and friends, but don't ever recieve any back. I would love to find someone that would just like to send and recieve cards. Anybe a card a month. I have thought of joining swaps, but for most of them you have to make so many card at a certain time. I have a friend that is also interested in finding something like this.

Kota48
I'd do it, but I have to warn you: I am new at this. My cards aren't all that fancy. Also, I don't know how to maneuver around SCS very well. Are you looking for a nice, but somewhat unsavvy person to help along? That'd be great!

ChezChe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #1768  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezCheView Post
I'd do it, but I have to warn you: I am new at this. My cards aren't all that fancy. Also, I don't know how to maneuver around SCS very well. Are you looking for a nice, but somewhat unsavvy person to help along? That'd be great!

ChezChe
Yeah ........why not......... its great and you will learn and love it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #1769  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezCheView Post

ChezChe
I have pm you. Come join the fun

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #1770  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyokasmithView Post
Wanted to say Thank You to Connie S and Laura O for the delightful cards I received this week. I am so happy to still be receiving cards from you ladies. I have a load of birthday cards made to send out, but I don't think I have 11 names! I haven't received an updated list in a while. My son hasn't been able to come check out my computer so I can receive the list... So all you ladies whose names I don't have and who has a birthday in November... I take this time to wish you a VERY blessed birthday!
God bless
Nyoka
Nyoka, I will mail you the November spreadsheet next week.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #1771  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello
I hope everyone is planning on a relaxing, but fun weekend- I know I need it!
Thanks to Marcine for the great jeweled flower card- and the terrific note! glad you loved Italy as much as we did!
Debbie S- thanks for the card and note- more festive jewels and nice soft colors! I too love the jewels- and plan to use them a lot this winter! I love how you and Stacey use the cellopane bags to mail the cards- my mailman gets to share in the artwork- and I get immediate gratification!
Stacey- another great card- love the 'you only live once' stamp sentiment and the autumn stamps and the buckle! Truly beautiful! Has your great-nephew arrived yet? Hope everything went well- I miss babies in our family- our youngest- the twins- are turning 6 in November-- I guess I can hope my oldest niece will have one soon!
Nikki- Monique- what a wonderful Halloween card! You put a lot of work into this- and it is great! The ribbon is fun and the stamp is so cute- love the blonde witch and cat! You are only about 10 miles from me! Where do you typically shop for scrapping supplies? Sometimes I feel like our area is in a scrapping drought! Cheer hard for the Sox tonite- and the Pats tomorrow!
Thanks to everyone for the cards and the welcome to the pen pal list- I have been overwhelmed by the kindness, friendships and talent!!
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:15 AM   #1772  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicorecoView Post
Siobhan that is just unreal that the bug got squashed--after you spent all that time hunting for one. Hopefully you will get one soon
I know, huh??!! Seriously, I have just resolved myself to ask for it for x-mas. I can wait. **I think** I am also asking for the Cricut...the portable one. I just can't justify the extra $200 for the big one. And with that AC Moore sale, it is dirt cheap right now!

I received some wonderful cards this weekend!! Thanks to Stacey F, Pam W, and Connie S!

Connie~ That pass it on note inside was so neat!!! Did you make that up yourself?? Too cute!!

Off I go to try to make some cards tonight! The kids (including the biggest one...DH...) are watching Transformers!!!

Happy Stampin' Friends!!
Siobhan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:17 AM   #1773  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Siobhan that is just unreal that the bug got squashed--after you spent all that time hunting for one. Hopefully you will get one soon
I know, huh??!! Seriously, I have just resolved myself to ask for it for x-mas. I can wait. **I think** I am also asking for the Cricut...the portable one. I just can't justify the extra $200 for the big one. And with that AC Moore sale, it is dirt cheap right now!

I received some wonderful cards this weekend!! Thanks to Stacey F, Pam W, and Connie S!

Connie~ That pass it on note inside was so neat!!! Did you make that up yourself?? Too cute!!

Off I go to try to make some cards tonight! The kids (including the biggest one...DH...) are watching Transformers!!!

Happy Stampin' Friends!!
Siobhan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 AM   #1774  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Happy Stampin' Friends!!
Siobhan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #1775  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Happy Stampin' Friends!!
Siobhan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 04:56 AM   #1776  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hi Girls.
My computer has been down for 3 days, took it into staples and had it cleaned and all checked out to make sure everything is running good, it was all free, there doing this till the end of the year. So I'm back. Hi Siobhan I cased the "Pass it on saying poem" from a lady at our SU meet. I wished I would of come up with the Idea but I didn't, it's cute though. Glad you liked the card and little saying.

I want to thank Marcine for another lovely card & Deb else I love the mummy to CUTE~!!! & Melina I love the stamp set you used and the scs stamp that is so neat. And Sarah " scs psbdd" I don't know if I had thanked you for the spider web card w/ the little spider, if not Thank you its darling. I think I got everybody. Had to do some catching up.

And Hi again to Becky "Bkay" Wish I could of been in on the water fight sounded like fun. Unless your the one that had to clean it up. Thats no Fun.

Have a great weekend girls

Connie S.
in MI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:43 AM   #1777  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh my...so I guess it looks like I was trying to increase my post numbers by just posting the last message 25 times!!! Sorry girls!!! I think it was the internet...or maybe my 2 year old would go and hit the mouse when it was already uploading... No idea but disregard all but the first one!! ha ha

I am off to load the dishwasher and then go to bed! I did get 14 cards completed...just working on the letters now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #1778  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning people! I hope everyone has a great day today. It's beautiful outside here in Houston! I wish I wasn't working. I only work weekends so DD doesn't have to go to daycare. Have a good one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 AM   #1779  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
Nyoka, I will mail you the November spreadsheet next week.

Dolores
Thanks so much Sweetie.. I will compare the names and find the ones that I don't have and get those cards out!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 AM   #1780  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
Debbie S- thanks for the card and note- more festive jewels and nice soft colors! I too love the jewels- and plan to use them a lot this winter! I love how you and Stacey use the cellopane bags to mail the cards- my mailman gets to share in the artwork- and I get immediate gratification!
Diane
Your welcome...so glad you liked it. I'm really getting into making cards with patterned paper lately. Sometimes I make one and then realize I haven't stamped at all on it! Hope you ladies don't think I'm cheating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #1781  
#1 Gas Bagger

Bonnie I just recieved your card in the mail today and I'm tellin ya girl what a beautiful card. I love how you did the lady sitting at the desk with the kitty in Black~!!! Now I have to ask where on earth did you find such a neat stamp, I love it and just have to get it. The whole card is just lovely. The back ground you did with the cuttlebug right. I've just have to get me one~!!. Would you please tell your Husband that were all so proud of our Boys, I know that they're not boys, there men , but we think of them as all our boys. We had 135 of our boys return home here in our hometown just yest. and so many people turned out to welcome them home. Were so proud of them all. I wish they could all come home. I lost a cousin in vietnam and miss him so much. Well listen kido thanks again for the lovely card.

Hi to all you wonderful Penpals
Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #1782  
Insane Embellisher

Good afternoon,

Received three beautiful cards today:

Ren'e P love the pretty pink card. Love the way you cut shapes and embossed them.

Diane S- love the card-Chocolate is the great for all sort of problems.

Vronica S. I love Halloween and I love the layout of your Halloween card.

Been sitting her waiting for the vet to call..............Zippys blood sugar is now too low. The medication he was taking increase his sugar so we increased his insulin (Zippy the dog is diabetic). Now he is off this particular medication his sugar is dropping. My vet is off for the weekend so I have to wait for someone else to review his file and call me back.

Why do kids and dog always get sick at night or weekends? Zippy actually seems to be fine, just want to make sure we don't give him too much insulin tonight.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #1783  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Good afternoon,

Received three beautiful cards today:

Ren'e P love the pretty pink card. Love the way you cut shapes and embossed them.

Diane S- love the card-Chocolate is the great for all sort of problems.

Vronica S. I love Halloween and I love the layout of your Halloween card.

Been sitting her waiting for the vet to call..............Zippys blood sugar is now too low. The medication he was taking increase his sugar so we increased his insulin (Zippy the dog is diabetic). Now he is off this particular medication his sugar is dropping. My vet is off for the weekend so I have to wait for someone else to review his file and call me back.

Why do kids and dog always get sick at night or weekends? Zippy actually seems to be fine, just want to make sure we don't give him too much insulin tonight.

Dolores

You have your mail already? I'm jealous! Ours comes in the late afternoon.

Sorry to hear about Zippy...hope his sugar levels will even out.

I am catching up answering pen pal mail, after making some cards yesterday. The good part about our mail coming late is that I can get these out today! So watch your mailboxes, pen pals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #1784  
Watercolor Wizard

Default Question...

Question - Does anyone have the naughty or nice stampset and would stamp me images of the santa? I need 14 total and would send the CS and SASE if you would do it. I just placed an order with SU and forgot this set on my list. I'd hate to order it by itself (cause I'm a cheapie and don't want to pay shipping on just that set - isn't that horrible??). Let me know also if and if there's another board for this. I thought I'd ask here 1st because everyone's so nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #1785  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've gotten some gorgeous cards over the past week. Thanks going out to Nikki O, Deb S, Joan, Carol, Becki, Kathy, and Vronica!! There were a couple of days last week when I didn't have any cards in the mail & I was so disappointed because I look forward to this at the end of a long stressful work day. All of the cards I get put a nice big smile on my face as I open and read them. I'm a lot like a kid at Christmas when I open them because I love all of the fresh ideas & beautiful colors from each & every one of you.

I'll have more cards going out at the beginning of the week. I'm still a little behind, but need to catch up fast because I have a full week's vacation (rare occasion for me to take a full week off without something planned for the days off) at the beginning of November.

Thanks again ladies!

Deb
delse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #1786  
Compulsive Stamper

Default More cards that made my day

I am a little behind on posting thanks on these but wanted to say I truly love all the fun mail I am getting with this pen pal group and you have all made my life a little bit brighter more and more with each card and letter I receive.

Siobhan--I LOVE the yellow and black combination on your card with the Asian accent stamps, which set is that? It is very eye appealing and I enjoyed your letter and "meeting" you.

Nikki--Thank You for the adorable Halloween card. It made my day and anything with ribbon it makes me smile Don't worry about being behind because I am too. I am slowly but surely getting cards made and sent. I am sending one out to you on Monday since the mail went out today already.

Rachel--The mummy card you sent was so creative and very cute. My daughter loves it as well. Thank you for such a cute card and can't wait to see what you come up with next. I am sending a card out to you on Monday as well.

Hugs,
Rene'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #1787  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for the fall card Siobhan, it was stunning. I love that cardstock and matching envie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #1788  
Forum Fanatic

Dolores.........I know exactly how you feel. Daisy got sick on Saturday afternoon. Vet was out of town so we had to take her 28 miles to the Animal Urgent Care in another town. UGH! Then after several phone calls over 24 hours we got the call at 9:30 PM to go pick her up on Sunday night. Just very happy for THAT place. It's manned 24/7.

Got the Happy Mail today. Yep, 3 beautiful cards from Siobhan, Kathy M, and Tara R. They are just beautiful. Knowing I'm a ribbon girl I don't know how you could send me that awesome ribbon, Kathy, without telling me WHERE it came from? It is awesome. You will have to email me with the directions on making the card or is it in your gallery? Tara that cute little tag is just adorable. And the copper, Siobhan, is so neat. I love copper. Is that copper stickles on the stripes? I have some & want to try that. Now to see if I have as pretty paper as yours.

74 degrees today & 81 tomorrow. LOVING this summer weather in Northern IN.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #1789  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

It's nice to receive a card ONLY in the mailbox instead of having those icky bills. Today I received a cute Halloween card from Carrie L. Thank you so much. I love the colors and I love the candy corn paper.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #1790  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay, I have a HUGE list of thank yous to go out. My computer is not on the same floor as where I write my cards so I never remember to bring the thank you info upstairs. But I want to let everyone know how much I appreciate their cards so in the last week, I have received awesome cards from:
Nicky, Diane, Deb, Mary, Joan K., Lisa, Becca, Tammy, Melina, Lauri, Khara, Siobhan, Mary, Vronica, Dolores, Debbie, Joan M., Pam, Marcine, Melanie, Jenny, Deb D., Tara, Janice, Cathy, Carrie and Marilyn.
I really appreciate each and every one. I'm a bit behind in getting responses out with my craft fair coming up but I will get to them all, I promise.

And for those of you that will be getting my "best witches" card in the mail, I need to thank Gail for the design idea. I took almost everything from her recent Halloween card so I want to acknowledge that and say thanks.

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #1791  
Pearl-ExPert

I have 2 packages going out tomorrow so be on the lookout!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #1792  
Polyshrink Goddess

Gosh. I am so computer tragic.....I have just added my first photo to my gallery and I don't know how to do that cool thing everyone else does and add "my gallery" on their signature instead of it being the whole link that shows. Can anyone tell me how its done.
Lou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #1793  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by loulou31View Post
Gosh. I am so computer tragic.....I have just added my first photo to my gallery and I don't know how to do that cool thing everyone else does and add "my gallery" on their signature instead of it being the whole link that shows. Can anyone tell me how its done.
Lou
Go to the section where you change your siggy. Type in the words you want someone to click on to link to the gallery. For arguments sake...type My Gallery.
Then, hi-lite My Gallery, hit the hyperlink button (the one that looks like the workd with the chain link on the botton right of it) and it will bring up a box that you type the url into. Now, I pull up my gallery in a different window, copy and paste the url from that into the hyperlink box and you are done!!

I just tried to hyperlink your gallery into the message above...lets see if it worked!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #1794  
Hardware Hotshot

Yup...I got it to work!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 03:19 AM   #1795  
Insane Embellisher

Default TAC angel?

Is anyone an angel? I know you are all angels to me I am looking for a TAC demo...........they have the cutest pug stamp that I would love to get. I already have an SU demo but no one from this company.

I talked with a vet yesterday and we are going to lower Zippy's insulin slightly. Hopefully this holds him over until the regular vet returns next week

Dolores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 05:10 AM   #1796  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Is anyone an angel? I know you are all angels to me I am looking for a TAC demo...........they have the cutest pug stamp that I would love to get. I already have an SU demo but no one from this company.

I talked with a vet yesterday and we are going to lower Zippy's insulin slightly. Hopefully this holds him over until the regular vet returns next week

Dolores.
What's TAC??? Is it something I shouldn't know about (he he he)??
Well wishes to Zippy...hope Zippy gets to feeling better! There's nothing worse than having a sick fur baby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 05:34 AM   #1797  
Forum Fanatic

Melanie
It's THE ANGEL COMPANY.............it's a stamp company along the lines of SU, Close to My Heart, etc.

Dolores............I sure hope Zippy gets better soon. Daisy & I are praying for her. Well, I am. Daisy is interested in eating sticks. UGH! Off to try & leash train her. She hates that collar. & the leash.

How's everyone doing today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 06:02 AM   #1798  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
Melanie
It's THE ANGEL COMPANY.............it's a stamp company along the lines of SU, Close to My Heart, etc.
Oh no!!! I just went on their website. Those are too freakin' CUTE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #1799  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi ladies!

Hope you all are having a good Sunday. It is beautiful here...sunny and 70 degrees already!

Anyone stamping today? I hope to get some cards made between other things.

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #1800  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcstView Post
Hi ladies!

Hope you all are having a good Sunday. It is beautiful here...sunny and 70 degrees already!

Anyone stamping today? I hope to get some cards made between other things.

--Debbie
It is sunny and 70 degrees here too Just got back from church and I am going to work in the yard. Much to nice this afternoon to stay indoors.

I finished 8 cards yesterday and plan to mail them tomorrow. Hopefully I can do some stamping tonight.

Zippy seems to be doing well today and is quite active, which is a good sign.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes