Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #1681  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Becca so sorry to hear about your dad, my prayers are with you and your dad. I sure hope you get good news Thru. Hope your doc releases you to drive. I started driving the other day. Just taking little trips, but doing good. Please keep us updated on your dad and yourself. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 AM   #1682  
Hardware Hotshot

I only have a minute, as DH needs me to get the kids down so he can study...but prayers to everyone with needs...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 AM   #1683  
Inking Addict

hi Kota I'm new to the site but would love to be a pen pal too Is it to late to join ??? please e-mail me or reply here. thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #1684  
Hardware Hotshot

Default I need a favor!!

Does anyone have the Stinkin' Cute set? If so, would you be willing to stamp each of the images for me on Whisper White with Black ink and send it over? I would be more than willing to swap for something...

TIA!!!
Siobhan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #1685  
Inking Addict

Default Hello from Ohio!

First of all, thoughts and prayers to all of those who are experiencing difficult times right now. I have not been able to make my way through all that I have missed, but I am thinking of the wonderful, loving stampers in this group!

I'm have received many, many beautiful cards from this group, which I jumped into early on, and it shames me to say that I will be sending out my FIRST cards this week. Thanks to all who have taken the time to send me their artwork!

I am overwhelmed by the responses, both on this thread and via snail-mail! I suffer with depression and have really let things go for the past few months, which has led to a major pile-up at home and at work. I have continued to follow the boards, with little motivation to do much but post a random question or hang on the BST and add to my stamp collection, so that I'm ready to go when the mood strikes!

The ups and downs of the illness can wreak havoc on life, but thanks to an upcoming change in work schedule/hours, I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel! There is much to be done, so watch your mailboxes!

Hugs,
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:29 AM   #1686  
Forum Fanatic

Lisa
There are no rules. Don't worry about it. Enjoy the cards that you are getting and reply when you feel up to it. We are here whenever you want to share, vent, whatever. No rules on that either.

Lana..........glad you're feeling up to driving.

Siobhan.......isn't that the cutest darn set? I never even noticed it until I got a card from Stacey F. It is just adorable. She did her card in red w/black & white & I LOVE IT!

Been working on baby cards this morning. Not that I ever have a need to send them but my daughter's do & I'm making them for the girls.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 AM   #1687  
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke

Dear Lisa,

That helpless feeling can really grab a hold of you.
My first time was after my second son was born.
Thanks to my doctor and medicine I was able to pull out of it so I have full knowledge of what happens.
My other time was later during midlife .That can be so
hectic when your whole life changes and your body is
also going haywire.
I made it thankfully. Now being on this web site is giving
me a feeling that you still have a purpose to enrich other people life through friendship.
Know that your are not alone.and glad you are better now.
stay heality and well.

Have a wonderful day Lisa

Marcine luke
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #1688  
Kookie Creator

Again, I just want to say thank you to everyone for their thoughtful comments and cards that I've received. It means a lot to me. Yesterday I talked to my mom and she told me that my dad had to go back into the OR due to a clot in the new blood vessel that the doctors made. I talked to her just before 9 last night and she said that it went well-thank goodness. He was having internal bleeding also and they cleaned it up. He will spend 10 days in the hospital after this. He had to start his time over again b/c of the new surgery, which I knew would happen. He's not happy about it but my mom's trying to keep him relaxed. Trust me...that's a big job! He'll still be in WA when we go up in 3 weeks so I'm excited to see him. Still waiting on the biospy results of his lymph nodes. Won't know until Thursday now.

Thanks again-your friendship means a lot!
Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #1689  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks Becca, we appreciate the updates that you send. We will keep praying & you keep posting. Tell you Mom to hang in there. Nothing worse than a man who is ill. Been there, done that!

Marcine........very well said. I'm not sure there's a woman out there that hasn't had major depression. Lots of times (as in my case) it comes when your children are younger. I worked & felt guilty about that.........DH didn't help with kids......no diaper changing, feeding, etc. And, on top of that, you feel like you have to be a SUPER mom. You don't! Of course, I didn't find that out until many years later. Now I don't stress as much about things. You don't have to. Sometimes I just have to ask myself if "this thing" is worth making a big deal out of...........will it matter 2 months down the road. Usually the answer is NO. That's a good one to ask when you argue with you DH...........usually it's not THAT important. But, because of something else going on you jump on something trivial. Think twice & it will save you a lot of heartache. And peace of mind.
Oops, just slipped off my soap box. Sorry about that. We WILL be here for you...........any of you. Stamp a card, it WILL make you feel better. Granted it's not the answer to all of it, but it sure can't hurt.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #1690  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Pen pal Tu

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Thank you to Laura for the wonderful card that I recieved yesterday. Thanks. Love going to the mailbox these days. Well time to send out some of my own cards to pen pals. Thanks again.

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #1691  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

I still marvel at the internet, it is amazing how close we get to people that are just at our keyboards. we share everything with strangers yet they are our family, and this penpal group has bought lots of us together from all walks of life and across the world to here. Yet if we saw each other on the street we might not even say "hello"
Im so glad to have my family on splitcoasters
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #1692  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am sending love and warm thoughts to everyone on this thread that has been having tough times. I feel so blessed to have my family and friends and have dealt with the issues I have had and be coming out the other side.
To Lisa there is light at the other end, I know from experience. And no matter how much you don't want to talk to people you can trust about how you are feeling it does help.

Thanks so much to Siobhan (I love that name) for my beautiful card, all this mail from the US my Mailman will be wondering whats going on.
Hugs to all
Lou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #1693  
#1 Gas Bagger

I recieved 2 cards in the mail today from Laura O'shea & Diane Wiswall both halloween card's and they are the cutiest cards. I just love them. Diane I love the saying on the front of the card and the wonderful letter you sent along.Your a proud aunt as you should be, I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I'll be sending you a card your way soon. And Laura I just love your card also, and thanks so much for the prayers for my dad and my aunt. I feel like I'm getting close to you, writing back and fourth in our cards we send to each other. I always enjoy hearing from you and all the other penpals also. You take care and take to you soon.

Hi to every one
Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #1694  
Watercolor Wizard

I just wanted everyone to know that I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad I joined this group as everyone on here is so caring and nice! Not to mention talented! I sent out some cards yesterday, but as I'm reading today it looks like I need to send out more. Take care ya'll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #1695  
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke

A big hooray

I received my first christmas card today from Mary Faus.
A lovely ANGEL on a velvet card with a cuttlebug impressions. Just gorgeous.
And a card from Stacey with a butterfly on a cherry red
card stock.Reminding me that life gives you many
reasons to smile. Amen I totally agree with that.

Good night sleep tight.

Hello to connie s.

Marcine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #1696  
Gabfest Goddess

I received 3 cards in the mail yesterday. Just hadn't the chance to post about it now. Thanks to Dolores for the cute Halloween card, I like the bling on it. Thanks to Joan K for the sweet hedgehog Halloween card, I loved how you stamped it, (how cute is that?) and thanks to Khara W. for the pretty card. I loved how you used the handmade paper. These have brightened my week so far since I've been so constipated these past few days, it makes me not really be in the mood to do anything much less make cards, so I'll send out some by this weekend.

Connie J.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #1697  
Glitter Queen

Smile Thanks!

I have been out on vacation and traveling for grad school interviews for the past 2 weeks and came home to a wonderful mailbox of cards! You ladies are the best. I don't have the 5 cards in front of me but you know who you are and they were all fabulous. I'm off to stamp right now and get some out to you soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #1698  
Forum Fanatic

Just got home from GNO (Girls Night Out) and have 3 WONDERFUL cards. Got the beautiful Angel card from Mary Faus..........Mary how very sweet of your family to have the party for your 40th birthday. Yippee! Love the card!

Rachel...LOVE the bright snowmen card. Where is the Winter Wonders stamp from? Lovely! Be careful how you talk about that 66 year old grandmother.... just two years older than me. LOL What you DON'T know is that we're 15 inside. LOL

Jen........love the card. Especially the way you put the ribbon colors together. Ok, so I'm a ribbon freak. LOL I had some checked ribbon that I fell in love with & went back to HL & bought the last 3 spools they had. Then I went to Mike's and bought MORE red ribbon. Ok, I can't say no to a beautiful ribbon. Thanks for the card & the lovely note.

you got it, Lesley (Lezzel). We are your SCS pen pal family and we love you to pieces. Major Hugs! Hope your SU business is going well.

Bought Daisy a new bed & that loooooooooooooong skinny dog that you see in the PetSmart commercial. ROFL She loves it. Can't decide on the bed......she's sniffed it ALL OVER.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #1699  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hello back at ya Marcine "Penpal Mom"

Night Night
Connie S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #1700  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Hello Connie S.

Just wanted to let you know that I havent forgotten about you. It's called Snail Mail ok..

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #1701  
Kookie Creator

I'M FREE!!! The doctor released me this afternoon. Whoopee!!! Watch out craft stores (or any stores for that matter) 'cause here I come.

Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #1702  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello everyone, I just wanted to jump in here and tell everyone just how much I appreciated being apart of this penpal group. There is so much friendship here its unbelieveable !!! I cannot seem to keep up with everyone as far as card making but I am steady ! LOL

Lisa, hang in there girl, things will get better I promise. We have all experienced what you are feeling some of us find help some don't so don't be ashamed or scared to talk to people you love they will help.

Alright enough of that, everyone have a great rest of the night
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #1703  
Insane Embellisher

Default Hello

Hello everyone, I too have enjoyed being part of this group. Received lots of happy mail yesterday.

Debbie S. Thanks for the beautiful thanksgiving card. So very pretty.

Tammy S. I love the pumpkins and the background. Good luck with your daughter learning to drive.

Debbie M. I love that litte bat stamp combined with the scallop punch.

Mary F. I loved the Christmas Angel card. So very beautiful.

Siobhan, Thanks your for the flower card and the very cute paper.

You are all such an inspiration to me. I am so glad to be a part of a group with so much talent.

Happy Stamping,

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #1704  
Insane Embellisher

To all of you who are going through such a tough time, prayers and hugs to you.

Becca and Lana I am glad you are feeling better. Becca I hope your father continues to do better.

Connie J. hope you feel better soon. Connie S. hope things improve for your dad and aunt.

Lisa, life can be tough but things do get better. Hang in there and like others said don't be afraid to talk to someone. I have gone through periods of depression and I know it isn't fun.

In fact last night I just read the blogs instead of posting, because I was too depressed. My mom has cancer of the pancreas but the tumor is too large to operate. They are going to do one more test to see if there is anything else they can do for her.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #1705  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

Hi Diane W., Got your Halloween card today. Cute. Why don't I ever think about stamping on twill tape? I also need to branch out and use other kinds of cardstock. Must be in a rut. Thanks for the card.
Are you watching the baseball playoffs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 02:12 AM   #1706  
Forum Fanatic

Dolores.........so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope thyey find something to help her.
Becca......YEAH! Shop `til you drop! LOL
Deanna.....jump in whenever you feel like it. LOL

Have a wonderful girl ladies. Off to get Daisy out of her cage. Bought her a new bed last night. They were marking them down (at PetSmart) while I was standing there trying to decide. Gotta love that.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 AM   #1707  
Mad Swapper

Smile I would love a pen pal

G'day everybody, is it possible to join your pen pal group? I am a Scot living in South Australia. I love stamping, decoupage, in fact anything to do with papercrafting. Look forward to hearing from
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:48 AM   #1708  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaPView Post
I'M FREE!!! The doctor released me this afternoon. Whoopee!!! Watch out craft stores (or any stores for that matter) 'cause here I come.

Becca
Yay, Becca! Enjoy your freedom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #1709  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzcatView Post
G'day everybody, is it possible to join your pen pal group? I am a Scot living in South Australia. I love stamping, decoupage, in fact anything to do with papercrafting. Look forward to hearing from
Yes, come and join the fun! I believe to join you just send a pm to Dolores (dbrpuppets) with your name, address, and birthday, and she will both add you to the list and send you a copy of it so you can get started. Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 AM   #1710  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pen Pals ......I need/want to be in this group Please Please
where do I sign up?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:56 AM   #1711  
Compulsive Stamper

my3littlemonkey- thanks for your card.. it did get here i love that set of su stamps on my wish list...
cheers fettsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #1712  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by loulou31View Post
I am sending love and warm thoughts to everyone on this thread that has been having tough times. I feel so blessed to have my family and friends and have dealt with the issues I have had and be coming out the other side.
To Lisa there is light at the other end, I know from experience. And no matter how much you don't want to talk to people you can trust about how you are feeling it does help.

Thanks so much to Siobhan (I love that name) for my beautiful card, all this mail from the US my Mailman will be wondering whats going on.
Hugs to all
Lou
LOL...You are probably one of the few who can say my name while looking at it...and it makes sense to you!! I always tell people when they meet me for the first time..."don't look at how it is spelled"!!!

Glad you received the card...an Fettsy, too!! My international cards are making their way around!! Vronica...one is on the way to you as well!!

Hope to spend more time on here by the weekend. I have had a lot going on...big review for my pseudo-job that I finished tonight!!! YIPPEE!! Now more time to spend on fun things!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #1713  
Forum Fanatic

I meant to say have a wonderful DAY, ladies. Not girl. ROFL Daisy was calling & I was in a hurry.
Catherine & rosiebudstamp, you are ALWAYS welcome. Just send a PM to Dolores with your name, address, birthday & SCS name and she will get you on the list and I will get a card RIGHT out to you.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #1714  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaPView Post

Becca
YAY! Good for you --- bad for craft stores...he he he
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #1715  
Inking Addict

Thoughts and prayers for this group, what a wonderful bunch of stampers!

Thanks for the positive words girls! I have dealt with this (depression) since I was 17 (at least) and I know that it does get better-it's just hard to remember that when you're in the midst of a rough patch. Getting the mail is one of the highlights in my day, I'm still getting cards-even though I haven't got the motivation to do any myself yet-and thanks to the BST board, some new stamp sets too!

My 18 yr old dd has a saying to describe my mood; "Life is kicking Mom's butt right now". Here's hoping that all of us in that position, for whatever reason, start smiling soon!

Hugs,
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #1716  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Hello everyone! I wanted to send my prayers to all who need it. We are in for a mean storm system which includes tornados and hail..So, we will see if I get any stamping done, hopefully I will. I am not liking the tornado warnings, since we do not have basements here in Oklahoma like we did in Minnesota. So, wish me luck that I make it through this mess. I did get to my morning workout before it decided to hit. Talk to everyone later.

Bonnie H
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #1717  
Forum Fanatic

It's HAPPY MAIL TIME! Got me two more lovely cards from lovely ladies.
Thanks to Diane Wiswall for the lovely cuttlebugged card with glitter & beautiful ribbon. Thanks Diane.

Thanks, also, to Khara. That little mouse is too cute. Love the card & especially the letter. Thanks Khara. You girls rock!

Went to lunch with a couple of friends & talked for over two hours. Ok, so it had been awhile since we had gotten to talk.

I'd better get some letters written & some cards in the mail.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #1718  
Pearl-ExPert

Becca so how does it feel to be FREE???

dolores so sorry to hear about your mom-hugs to you and her.

Carol--I know you and Lesley were talking about a tree set--and I am well just too lazy to go and try and find it in all of these posts. What was the name of the set?

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #1719  
Kookie Creator

It feel great to be free! Unfortunately, all I did this morning (and I mean ALL morning) was shop for my 2 kid's b-day parties this week plus errands. I'm exhausted. But at least everything's been done except getting soda. Now I must go rest b/c I'm sore. But in a good way. Tomorrow afternoon is my son's party at lunch and Friday night is my daughter's 1st big sleepover and then I can collapse over the weekend and do nothing. Yeah right!

Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #1720  
Insane Embellisher

More fun mail today.

Rachel H: Thank you for the asian inspired card, it is awesome.

Connie S. The butterfly sparkle card is so beautiful.

Deb E. I love the mummy card, so very cute.

Carrie L. Love the flower and I adore that bee stamp. The whole card is adorable. I will mail you another spreadsheet tomorrow. Waiting to hear from another new person. It has been updated since the last time I mailed you one.

For everyone: I will mail the November spreadsheet around October 25 so you can get those November birthday cards out. I think there are 11 November birthdays.

Becca: Glad you had a great day of freedom

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes