Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #1641  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Good afternoon, everyone!!

Hi everyone!! I'm so glad the weather has cooled down. It went from the 100's to the 70's finally, and 50's at night! Love it...now if we could only get rain to help our drought...

Tara and OKStamper - hope you're both feeling much better, and welcome back Tara!!
Carol from IN and Carrie--glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!!
Delores Roscow from OH--she was even so clever she printed off her own return address levels with "pen pals" typed on it. Didn't say your SCS name, though!! Great you've been married 24 years--31 for me (got married at 10 ). I have a daughter, too, and have been through the high school/college days! Let me know if you need to vent!! Thank you so much for the pretty card all in fall colors with striped DP and THREE layers of flowers along with the word "Friendship." Very nice.
Laura from West Hartford, CT - LOVED your hot pink and black card with the flower. I LOVE that black CS - is it our textured; did you dry emboss it, or where did you get it?? Also, where is everybody getting these tiny, tiny stick-on shiny or glittery circles in all colors that look like brads or the plastic "gems" that you can buy, but are smaller, and flat!?? Loved the four pink dots where you punched out the corners of your white layer with the flower on top.

Thanks so much for the two pieces of happy mail I got in the last two days. I needed it. Now out-patient surgery I was supposed to have on 10/3, moved to 10/10, is now supposed to be 10/17! Driving me nuts not to get it over with! My Dh couldn't get to the store for three days to buy me printer cartridges, and I felt like an alcoholic who didn't have a drink for three days, I was so desperate to print off the latest list or a typed note for me to send with my cards!!! So I PROMISE I will send some cards out when I can finish them, as soon as I live up to finishing swaps I've committed to and are almost done!! And sorry I haven't been able to send any yet!! LOL, and hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #1642  
Die Cut Diva

Wink Demo also!

Oh, and I'm also an SU demo and have limited business, so I can order for anyone any time!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #1643  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Well good morning girls ..... what a beautiful sunday morning it is too here on queensland sunny gold coast ... I now have 3 days off ..... so guess what Im going to be doing ..... actually going to my uplines today to play ..... make some stuff for a craft fair......... should be fun .......
this thread is getting sooooooooo long.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #1644  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezzelsView Post
Well good morning girls ..... what a beautiful sunday morning it is too here on queensland sunny gold coast ... I now have 3 days off ..... so guess what Im going to be doing ..... actually going to my uplines today to play ..... make some stuff for a craft fair......... should be fun .......
this thread is getting sooooooooo long.
Lucky you! Hope you get lots done and enjoy your time!

I did a lot of stamping today, for swaps and to build up my supply of cards, so watch your mailboxes, ladies!

Speaking of swaps...I am the hostess of a really fun one here on SCS. We started a couple of years ago and right now we're working on our 15th one! I wanted to invite any of you who would like to, to join in. Here's the link:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=283548

I always make some extras when I'm making them for this swap so it helps me get cards made for all of you!

Have a wonderful evening, pen pals!

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #1645  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by zambeziView Post
i am from england and would love a pen pal..!
I have pm you.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #1646  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

OK ladies I survived my son's pirate party of 12 7yr olds, whoo who! Tomorrow is my day after church..stamp, stamp, and more stamp...look out for next weeks ladies and check your mailboxes.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #1647  
Insane Embellisher

Hello Ladies... just wanted to say hello and a special thanks to all the ladies that are still sending me Happy Mail even though I am down to just sending out birthday cards to the list..... I appreciate your thoughtfulness....
Just wanted to say to anyone that lives around the White Pines TN area that this past week I was up that way and visited Tina and her helper at Tina's Scrapbook Creations. (1210 State St.) WOW! were they friendly!! They give crops and lessons in the back and we got to talking and I was telling Tina that I would love to attend a class but only had that one day and you know what she did? She gave me, my niece and my friend a PRIVATE lesson!!! Now how neat is that?? I would highly recommend that anyone who lives in that area please drop by and check out her shop... She has loads of supplies and a great shop!!
Well gotta hit the hay... drove for 9 hours today to make it home....
Again, thanks for all the mail ladies... I love the cards!!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #1648  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamperView Post
OK ladies I survived my son's pirate party of 12 7yr olds, whoo who! Tomorrow is my day after church..stamp, stamp, and more stamp...look out for next weeks ladies and check your mailboxes.

Bonnie
Congrat Bonnie, that is no small accomplishement. Glad everyone had fun at the party. Sounds like you guys did an awesome job. Have fun stamping tomorrow.

Dolores

PS Noyka, glad you had fun on your trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #1649  
Forum Fanatic

Hey Nyoka............WOndered where you'd been. Now I know SHOPPING. LOL Glad you had a good time. It makes all the difference in the world. My friend & I visited 2 stores about 80 miles from us & the 1st one the woman was NOT friendly, never smiled ONCE. Not just us but the others in the store either. The 2nd one was friendly, smiling, attentive..........etc. Well, we've been back there and plan to go again. It makes a big difference in your business. When I was at Purdue, I was in customer service...........smile. I do even when I'm on here. LOL You can see me, right?

Yeah.........Pirate theme. My grandson had one when he was about 5. Had a blast. They all came dressed as pirates. Cute! That was back when they didn't have a lot of scrapbooking stuff for pirates so I cut out the "ship" and the treasure chest by hand. No..........there was no pattern. Just my mind. It worked out just great. And will mean more, someday. Well, then, he's a boy.............maybe not. LOL
Off to breakfast with DH!

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 AM   #1650  
Hardware Hotshot

Bonnie I got your card yesterday, loved the bright colors!

I got a great find at Michaels yesterday too. Well I hadn't been there for a couple weeks so some of you may have seen these already but I went to pick up a couple scrapbook frames they had on sale for $5 and of course I couldn't leave without checking out their dollar bins and they had all these mini 4x4 matchbook style scrapbook kits for a DOLLAR! They are either winter or holiday themed but I picked up 3 different kinds and I believe I saw 6 different designs and am definitely regretting not getting one of each. The kit comes with the little 4x4 matchbook album, 1 sticker sheet, 2 paper embellishments, 1 wide ribbon, 4 sparkling stones, 6 4x4 papers and 4 buttons. I think they're really cute and I'm going to have to make another 45 minute trip to get some more so I thought I'd pass that along to those of you who like scrapbooking or even giving mini albums as gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 03:07 AM   #1651  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mornin everyone!
Geesh, If I go 1 day without checking in I have
some "catchin up" to do! LOL

Thanx so much for the happy mail comin
my way! It is such a joy!!!!
I recieved wonderful cards from Marilu,
Siobhan, Sarah, and Carol!!!

I got to spend hours making cards yesterday
so I am excited to go mail em out tomorrow!

I have not yet tried my hand at making several
of the same card. Every one of my cards are a
one of a kind thing.

Today I am gonna try and see what happens.
I've seen my lil sis (scs-stac) do this and she can
accomplish about 4 cards to my one!!!LOL

I have lots to learn yet, but I am havin a blast!

This group is such a God-send in my life that there
are no words to express the gratitude I feel. I so
much appreciate all of you!

The coments in my gallery are so sweet and
encouraging, Thank you ladies...

Gotta go stamp!
Blessings...
khara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 AM   #1652  
Hardware Hotshot

Bonnie I stopped by your gallery today to look at the coaster album you mentioned in your letter but I got sidetracked looking at your CUTE paperbag album. You did a GREAT job on it!! I left you some comments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 04:45 AM   #1653  
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope all of you are doing good this fine fall day. I have been trying to get caught up on everything, but it sure is taking me time, I can't sit to long on the cp with my legs hanging down to much, still swelling. I just wanted to let everyone know if I haven't sent the list to anyone that wanted it please e-mail me again and I will send it to you. We have quite a few new names on it now, so it is easier to e-mail it then to send it from here.

Will be going to the post office tomorrow with cards, so be looking for some happy mail.

Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #1654  
Forum Fanatic

Lana.........take your time. Don't expect miracles. We aren't going anywhere. After all, we've been here waiting for you while you were going through your surgery. We'll still be here after. Glad you are doing well but understand about sitting too long in one position. Careful!

Khara......Honey we are just glad to be here for YOU. I know what you mean when you miss a day. I miss the people too and the posts.

Carrie.......I'm going to Mike's on Tuesday afternoon. I'll have to check that out. I know that I FINALLY found something cute in that $ bin......got some clear stamps & one clear block to put them on. My Mike's usually has nothing new. Those sound cute for stocking stuffers & gifts.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 06:33 AM   #1655  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by kharaView Post
I have not yet tried my hand at making several
of the same card. Every one of my cards are a
one of a kind thing.

Today I am gonna try and see what happens.
I've seen my lil sis (scs-stac) do this and she can
accomplish about 4 cards to my one!!!LOL

This group is such a God-send in my life that there
are no words to express the gratitude I feel. I so
much appreciate all of you!

Hi Khara,

Let us know how you like making multiples! I got in the habit of doing that from making swaps and it helps me to be so much more productive...for me it is the design part of the process that takes a lot of time.

I would like to try using one template to make a variety of different-image, different-theme cards...my next challenge.

You took the words right out of my mouth about how much this group means to me. I am having a difficult time in some ways this fall and the ladies here have brought so much sunshine into my life, both on the thread and through the mail! Last night I was writing out cards and just enjoying it so much. Watch your mailboxes!

Have a great day, everyone, and many thanks for your friendship.

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #1656  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I got happy mail yesterday from Connie S.--love the colors. makes me wish the weather turn to fall here!
I will be getting more cards out in the mail tomorrow.

Happy Stamping

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #1657  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hi Tara,
I'm glad you liked the card. It sure is fall here, The colors are all changing and it was 31 degress here this morning in MI. Frost on the pumpkins lol.

And Bonnie I searched on line and downloaded excel viewer 2003 and was able to open up the spreadsheet you e-mailed, Yippie~!!! I guess I should of checked it out sooner Sorry~!!!

Have a good night girls
Connie S.
In MI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #1658  
#1 Gas Bagger

I don't know where my head is any more hehehehheheeee I meant Dolores not Bonnie on the excel viewer 2003 spreadsheet thing. Thanks dolores for sending the new names my way also.

Bonnie your problay wonderning what the heck is going on hehehheheeee. Too much on my mind I guess. Anyway you all have a good night.

Connie S
in MI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #1659  
Gallery Gazer

Kittykat

You are correct. I was wondering, hmmm. I'm tired but not that tired..silly girl..Off to make some cards today while my DH takes my kids to football practice..Yes, I will be ALL ALONE!

Happy Stamping everyone.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #1660  
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Everyone!
Many thanks to Sarah and Dolores for the happy mail! I loved the spider and web on Sarah's card and the DP and flower on Dolores'!
A friend and I threw a big halloween themed couples shower for the last of our friends to be married. It was SOOO FUN but sooo much preparation and work....whew I'm glad it's over with. Now I can make some cards to send out.
Midterms went pretty good (at least I think so). Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #1661  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hi Bonnie,
So did you get any stamping done while the kids were gone to practice. I got a stack to send out tomorrow. I just kinda messed around making cards off and on today. I really didn't do much of any thing else, but made supper. The weekends go way to fast. It's been rainning here most of the day. Wish it was snow. Yes I know I'm nuts heheheheeeee. Well just wanted to say hi & to see what you've been up too. Not to many people on tonight. Okay I'll chat at ya later.

Connie S
in MI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 AM   #1662  
Stazon Splitcoast

gee everybody must be busy stamping ......... all quiet on here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 04:36 AM   #1663  
Hardware Hotshot

Received a card from down under! Thanks to Lauri!! Gorgeous! I love the cupcake! Thanks a ton!

I had 10 cards ready to go to the Post Office and I left them at home! Ugh! DS is home with a fever so it has me a little off! Perhaps I can put my thinking cap on and remember them tomorrow!!

Good night everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #1664  
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke
Default cards

Hello from Iowa

My husband spent the weekend with football on the TV. So I spent that time making some cards. I Go in wednesday for Lasik eye surgery so it will be a while before I will be able to see very good . Hello carol s. sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. I've got about 12 cards to respond to plus write letters . I hope every thing goes well so I can get everything done this coming weekend. Holidays are approaching fast so life gets pretty busy especially for all you mothers with children. And I suppose everyone in general. We have 30 wopper pumpkins on the front proch that grew in our garden this year. Gave away about 12 to the neighborhood children and
grandchildren who live here. Most of my grandchildren live in Texas and Florida. So we don"t see them very often. So we miss them very much.
The twins will be here shortly so I need to get busy and get ready for a busy day.
Hpoe you all have a good week.

Marcine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #1665  
Glitter Queen

Default Thanks for the lovely cards!!!!!

Thanks sooooo much for allowing me to join this group of wonderful and very talented people. I would like to thank SARAH, DOLORES, LAURI, MARCINE, CAROL,& DEB Thank-You all so very much ladys for a lovely cards I will cherish them forever.

Hugs
CaThY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #1666  
Kookie Creator

Update on my dad's surgery:

He had surgery scheduled for last Friday at 4 pm to have the whipple procedure done to remove part of his pancreas and the tumor. They started a little late and ended up having to cut and reconstruct a blood vessel because it was in the tumor itself. That added on about 2 more hours to a 7 hour surgery. They ended up removing 60% of his pancreas, his entire gallbladder and something else (my mom couldn't remember what it was on Saturday). They also took a biopsy of his lymph nodes to see if the cancer spread. We'll know by Thursday of this week. He has an ultrasound today to see if there's any blood clots in his new blood vessel. If there is, he will have to go back into surgery. I'm hoping that there's not. I really thought that this would be it-he's gone through so much. But it's not. If the cancer has spread to his lymph nodes, all they can do is chemo and radiation. Right now I just wait to hear from my mom each day and talk to my dad. We'll be up in Washington to see them at the beginning of November. Yeah!

Today is my 4 week post-op day from my hip surgery. Tomorrow I see my doc and hopefully he'll release me to be able to drive, bend and just get outta here. I have 2 kid's b-day parties this week and I don't have time to sit around!! Actually my DH got all the stuff for my son's 5 year old party so I'm set and now I just have to get girl stuff for my daughter's fashion/slumber party for Friday. That's what we're calling it!

Thanks for listening. Thank you also for the thoughtful cards that I've received from many of you. It means a lot.

Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #1667  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Dad

Oh,Becca! So sorry to hear about your Dad. It is a very difficult procedure. My best freind had it done 5 years ago and for a very long time things looked bleak,but she is doing very well now!! Prayers are being said for your family and I will tell my freind about your dad. She is not a stamper but has a special place in her heart for all of her fellow survivers and I know she will keep your family in her thoughts as well.
Take care
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #1668  
Pearl-ExPert

Marcine--good luck with your surgey--I had a friend who had it done about 3 years aog--and has no problems --recommends it to everyone he knows.

Becca--hope the ultrasound shows good things for your dad and that he won't need more surgery. Also hope the Dr gives you your freedom again too. Doesn't he know you have parties--LOL!! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Siobhan--hope your little guy is feeling better soon--nothing worse then a sick kid to throw a wrench into life for a few days.

Happy Stamping

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #1669  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile More happy mail today!

With big thanks to...

Mary F., for the lovely angel card and your introduction...nice to "meet" you!

Melissa J., for the adorable Ziggy card and your news!

You pen pals are the best!

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #1670  
Hardware Hotshot

Today was an extremely HAPPY MAIL day. I received 5 cards. Thanks to Tara, Sarah, Tammy S, Laura and Carol. Carol I'm glad your card made it to me cause you left the street name off LOLOL, it just had my house number I guess it pays to live in a small town hee hee

I mailed out 6 cards today and will work on more replies this week. Take Care
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1671  
Forum Fanatic

Hey Carrie, I probably could have just put your name & town & you'd have gotten it. I know, I live in a small town too. LOL

Becca, still keeping your family in my prayers. Thank you for the update. Glad you are doing better & hope your Dr. visit goes the way you want.

Marcine.......good luck with the surgery. We'll be waiting right here for you.

NOW.................drumb roll please...........a big THANK YOU to one of the new girls........STACEY F. That is the cutest stamp. Love the little stinker inside, too with the perfume bottles. LOL Liked that clear envy too. I have those & don't think to use them. Thanks for making my day.

Lesley.............wasn't on because DH & I went to the covered bridge festival in Mansfield IN. Bought 3 new sweatshirts, some cheese, a doggie tag for Daisy & YUMMY food. Of course we had the free samples of fudge, nutes, etc. The weather was low 70's and just beautiful.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #1672  
Pearl-ExPert

Carol--sounds like the festival was a fun and yummy day. Free samples of fudge--I wouldn't have left--LOL!!

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #1673  
Glitter Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to marcineluke
Default A big thankyou to you.

I was able to get 15 cards written today,. sent with cards.
At the same time he took those I received 4 more.
So.........I want to thank Carol Milham what a great card.
so much talent. Pam Casavoys card was so cute with that gorgeous dress on front. Debbie Stevens card had fantastic color and design.I received a card with a tear bear from Khara. She creates them herself which is hard for me to describe what a tear bear is. Just hope you receive one too.
My letters will be short and brief to those who will receive
them but I will do better next time.

Thank you for the good wishes.

MARCINE LUKE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #1674  
#1 Gas Bagger

Carol thank you for the lovely card, I got it today in the mail. I was checking out the golf stamp set before and was wonerning what I could do with that. Well your card done with that set is so NEAT~!!! I love the golf ball too. My step dad is a golf nut. So it gave me some Ideas. Thanks again. Oh & the lovely note you sent along with it. Your a sweetie.

Marcine "Penpal Mom"
Good luck on your surgery I'll be thinking of you. I get into watching football also. I'm a michigan state Fan, & I'll cheer for michigan untill they play the Ohio buckeyes then I have to cheer them on. But when Michigan state and Michigan go head to head I go crazy My sister is a Mi. fan and we go round and round, just teasing with each though. Were really close. But just wanted to say Hi and good luck with your surgery.

Becca, I'm still praying for you ,your dad and family. I just found out about 3 weeks ago that my dad and his sister have cancer, I wish I could be near my dad, he lives in alabama, theres a new thing there doing here in Mi, were they can frezze the cancer that he has instead of the chemo, so Hopefully I'll get to see him if he comes up here. I have a hard time with it, I just want to believe that he's okay and nothing is wrong with him. So it's kinda in the back of my mind. But just wanted to let you know I'm still praying. You take care of yourself.

And Lezzels, I know what you mean, it was quite on here yest. and I was gona type the same message, Everybody must be stamping hehehehehehe.

Have a good night Girls
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #1675  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

Thank you Mary F. for your card. It's quite striking with the velvet-feeling card stock. I especially like the attention to detail - the colors and depth of the shading in the angel. Is that watercolors and some markers, maybe? It's always fun trying to figure out how cards are made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #1676  
Compulsive Stamper

Default More Fun cards:-)

Hello all-I want to apologize to all of you that have sent me cards, I am soo behind on responding and have meant to send cards back sooner than this. Things have been so hectic here with all the sports events we have been going to and then being sick and kids sick and etc. It has just been crazy. I now have envelopes sealed and addressed to the following people and going out in the mail tomorrow to:Connie J, Carol M, Dolores R, and Marcine.
I also have rec'd mail from Ariana-Thank You for the adorable Halloween card and your letter was so nice. I feel like I have known you for a long time, It just made my day
Sarah K-Thank You for your spider card for Halloween and nice letter also. I am so blessed by all the new friendships I am making here..I am behind on letters and cards but will catch up. I am setting a goal to send out atleast 5 cards during the week. Please bear with me--I will be sending out more and more in time. Thank You to all of you

Hope everyone is having a great day and evening.
Hugs,
Rene'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #1677  
Gallery Gazer

Hello all! Boy, you are not alone on getting the cards back out. I am working on mine in between football practices and everything that happens in between. I wish I can make just simple cards and get them out to you all, but my mind doesnt work like that..it has to be more than that, sorry...I am trying. You would think I could make several cards since I have the bonus room upstairs to myself with my music, privacy, and etc up there.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #1678  
Stazon Splitcoast

sounds like lots of fun carol............
And yes carol I am going to buy those trees ........ my DH loved the black and white card has made several comments on it......... So thats something I will learn and case...lol if you dont mind

I have been doing my domestics this am ... got to catch up 2 bathroom to clean .....very exciting
now to Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #1679  
Kookie Creator

Hi!

I have received some Happy mail! Thanks to Tara, Sarah, Lisa, Carol, Siobhan and Bonnie! I see that some of you have the cuttlebug. I love my cuttlebug, and can't wait for the new releases in Jan.

I live in San Francisco; one hour to San Jose, and 40 mins. to San Rafael across the Golden Gate Bridge. Everything is close here.....except NO Walmart here in SF.

Things have been hectic at home and school, but I hope to get to craftroom this weekend! I can't believe Halloween is around the corner, and that means Thanksgiving and Christmas will be soon upon us....and I am NO where near ready!

thanks for the uplifting news and notes. It's cool to hear that WE ALL are going through the same things with family and home stuff, no matter where we live, whether it is overseas or in a small town or large city (tho' San Francisco is a big town, only 7 miles x 7 miles.).....

I love being part of this penpal group! Look in your mailboxes next week!
**hugs**gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #1680  
Forum Fanatic

Hey Gail, I grew up in Hayward across the bay from you. I did work in SF a few years, long ago! I married and moved up to Santa Rosa 60 miles north of you, but now I live in the upper NE corner near Oregon! My DH was born in South SF near what use to be Candlestick Park.

I got some stamping done this week and will get them mailed hopefully tomorrow. Even tho I live in a remote area, it is so nice that my postman picks up my mail and will bring me stamps if I leave the money in the mailbox for him. Since I have a scale at work I don't even have to worry about going to the Post Office. Small towns do have their advantages. Hope to get the happy mail posted and hope to receive more.

Becca, praying for you and your dad, we are waiting to hear the results for our neighbor. He either has a collapsed lung, or cancer. Pray for him please. Good nite all and will check back tomorrow to see how the world is treating all my penpal friends!
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Reply With Quote Likes