Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:54 AM   #1561  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezzelsView Post
I thought that was only something I would do.....................
He he he...not one of my finer moments but luckily my hubby already left for work so he won't be making fun of me all day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 04:58 AM   #1562  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

he he he ............ I may have to just keep reminding you then lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 AM   #1563  
Stazon Splitcoast

mornin ladies!
I received my first Halloween "happy mail!!!"
Thanx so much Marilu! too fun!
best wishes for a great day to all!
sincerely,
khara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #1564  
Die Cut Diva

Wink Hi ladies - got another card!

Got a card yesterday from Marcine Luke (MKL1941). She has SIX children and SIXTEEN grandchildren!! Okay, Marcine, how did you do it? Raising one child just about did me in!! That is amazing. And you kep the 2-year-old twin grandchildren all day!! How do you find time to stamp? The card is a very pretty floral with a red car, yellow CS, then white CS with the stamped fowers in blue and yellos, with a Linen (I think) BG - how did you color these in I can't tell what you used! Thank you so much--I'm trying to get some out today or tomorrow. I'm almost at the end of the list, too! Thanks again, Cheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #1565  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi,

I posted this question awhile back and I did get some responses but I decided I would go with the first one who contacted me and that was Lana and I know she is recovering from her surgery. So I am going to ask again
If any of you are a SU demo PM me I want to place an order-- Thanks

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #1566  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hi Deb, I'm glad we all brightened your day, It makes my heart smile to make and send cards and make other people Happy & Smile.

And Dolores thats okay, I know with sending all the updates of new Penpals to alot of people can get confusing , I really appreciate it alot. So don't You worry about it. I know I will get it when I get it... No Hurry

And I can't believe it, I'M stalking the mail person now. What In " Tarnation " heheheheheee, Well I didn't get any Happy mail from Penpals But I did get a 8 lb box of Happy mail from SU. a lot of different little things to try on my Penpal card's. And more card stock & this and that. The weather has been chilly here the last 2 days and suppose to be the rest of the week & that put's me in the card making mood.

Have a Great Day Girls ~!!!
Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #1567  
Forum Fanatic

I know what you mean, Connie S..............our temps went from 88 to 55. LOL Quite a drop. But we needed it.

I, too, got cs from SU today. YIPPEE! Wanted the Ballet blue to make a Colts birthday card for my son in law.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #1568  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittykatView Post
Hi Deb, I'm glad we all brightened your day, It makes my heart smile to make and send cards and make other people Happy & Smile.

And Dolores thats okay, I know with sending all the updates of new Penpals to alot of people can get confusing , I really appreciate it alot. So don't You worry about it. I know I will get it when I get it... No Hurry

And I can't believe it, I'M stalking the mail person now. What In " Tarnation " heheheheheee, Well I didn't get any Happy mail from Penpals But I did get a 8 lb box of Happy mail from SU. a lot of different little things to try on my Penpal card's. And more card stock & this and that. The weather has been chilly here the last 2 days and suppose to be the rest of the week & that put's me in the card making mood.

Have a Great Day Girls ~!!!
Connie S.
Connie your spreadsheet is in the mail today. The weather cooled down here today. I am actually enjoying it.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #1569  
Stazon Splitcoast

good morning ladies .... hope you all had a nice wed thurs is looking good too ...lol
It is 7 am down under and we are getting some very much needed rain ....... still nice and warm though, our summer is on the way I think its going to be a hot one
tara shame you are so far away love to put an order in for you hehe
thanks to marylin and laura o happy mail came wednes day ............. its great eh!.......they are a little slow winging their way down under ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #1570  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello all,

I've been stuck at home, sick, and got the nicest mail yesterday...cards and notes from Sarah K. and Queenoe.

Sarah, the spider card is adorable...thank you!

Queenoe, your card is so elegant...love the blue/black/gold color scheme.

Thank you both for brightening a bad day!

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #1571  
Hardware Hotshot

Good evening everyone! I have a bunch of thanks you's to send out.

I wasn't online this weekend so for the weekend mail, I need to thank Connie S., Pat, Nyoka, Gail, Bonnie, Julie and Deana.

Then yesterday, since we didn't have mail on Monday, I hit gold and received lovely cards from Karan, Phyllis, Beth, Sarah, Connie S. (another lovely card!), Connie J. and Carol.

And today I need to thank Marilu, Dee and Dolores for your awesome cards.

And those of you who want to check it out, Dolores did my latest blog challenge but didn't know how to link her card to my blog so she mailed it to me instead. It is now up on my blog for all to see. Thanks Dolores!

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #1572  
Mad Swapper

Happy Mail day yesterday...
Sarah K - celebrate card is cute! goes with my Surprise birthday theme my family pulled off for me!!!
Connie J - I never recieved a Halloween card before...this one is adorable!
Lisa M - a shimmery cuttled Happy Birthday card is so very pretty!
Siobhan - I just love your handwriting! Love the cafe' parisian card...love cafe's
Carol M - the whimsy butterfly is so cute!!! love the cuttlebugging!

Thank you and rubber hugs to everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #1573  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicorecoView Post
Hi,

I posted this question awhile back and I did get some responses but I decided I would go with the first one who contacted me and that was Lana and I know she is recovering from her surgery. So I am going to ask again
If any of you are a SU demo PM me I want to place an order-- Thanks
Hey Tara, I just became a SU Demostrator so if you have not found anyone let me know I would love to place a order for you, I just placed one the first of this week so I will probably do another one next week (woohoo) 15th is payday for me just send me a email my address is [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #1574  
Gabfest Goddess

Another day as gone by and no cards received.

Connie
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #1575  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraosView Post
Good evening everyone! I have a bunch of thanks you's to send out.

I wasn't online this weekend so for the weekend mail, I need to thank Connie S., Pat, Nyoka, Gail, Bonnie, Julie and Deana.

Then yesterday, since we didn't have mail on Monday, I hit gold and received lovely cards from Karan, Phyllis, Beth, Sarah, Connie S. (another lovely card!), Connie J. and Carol.

And today I need to thank Marilu, Dee and Dolores for your awesome cards.

And those of you who want to check it out, Dolores did my latest blog challenge but didn't know how to link her card to my blog so she mailed it to me instead. It is now up on my blog for all to see. Thanks Dolores!

Laura

Thanks Laura, I was so excited when I saw your blog, made my family come look at it.

No happy mail for me today. But I did get coffee with friends I hadn't seen in awhile. Plus being posted on Laura's bog, made it a happy day.

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #1576  
Compulsive Stamper

Today I rec'd a card from Marcine and wanted to say Thank You for such a beautiful card with the flower on it. I love flowers Thank you for the sweet note too..I love getting to know you all with the kind notes you send.
I am printing off the spreadsheet as I speak so I can get a Bunch of cards in the mail tomorrow. I was writing the addresses down of people I want to send out to but this is definitely easier. Leave it to me to do things the hard way. LOL
How is everyone's evening going? Melanie your coffee incident sounds like something I would do.. Yum, that smells so good and notice it's all over the counter and floor by the time I would notice it.
Connie-I am so sorry for the loss of your friend's cat..that is so sad! We lost a cat around this time last year from our own dog and it was the second time..It really freaked me out and we had to put him down-I was afraid it'd be one of the kids next and I would not be able to deal with that.

Rene'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #1577  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren1View Post
Hey Tara, I just became a SU Demostrator so if you have not found anyone let me know I would love to place a order for you, I just placed one the first of this week so I will probably do another one next week (woohoo) 15th is payday for me just send me a email my address is [email protected]

Thanks for the offer but another penpal responded first.

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #1578  
Pearl-ExPert

I didn't get to finish my last post since all the power in my house went out and then right back on--UGH!! some kind of power surge?? Oh well after I finish this post I will then go around resetting all the clocks--ugh!

Way to go Dolores!!

I put 10 more cards in the mail today!!
I didn't get any happy mail today either. But that's o.k means I still have tonight to get caught up before more come LOL!!!

1 of Kota's kids
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #1579  
Forum Fanatic

Hi there everyone! Wow it takes so long to catch up on all the chatting. I so wish they hadn't blocked my access at work LOL! But at least this way I get my work done right? No happy mail today, but I did get a card back that I sent to Lisa M. because DUH, no postage. Isn't that RUDE of them to require postage? LOL! I will re send it tomorrow. Still playing catch up, but it is oh so much fun. Melanie, cracked me up about the coffee. Take care everyone and keep on stamping!
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 05:01 AM   #1580  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Good morning ladies! Well, its a been a couple of days since I have been off that goofy medicine that kept me up all night and day, now its trying to stay awake..I didnt see the point of the doctor giving that med to me..it still hurts..anyways, hopefully things will get better for me..gotta hit the gym this morning and do some more cards so I can get them out in the mail this weekend.
Enjoy your day everyone!

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #1581  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello Everyone,

I'M BACk!!!!!!
I want to Thank everyone for all your prayers and all the beautiful get well cards.Your prayers worked and I'm doing great. My husband would bring all my cards to the hospital and I would show them off all and the nurses thought they were so neat and what a great group of friends I had.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back on line, while I was having surgery, we bought a 36' fifth wheel travel trailer and my husband was trying to move all our stuff into the new trailer before I came home along with working 6-10s and coming to the hospital everyday after work, so we just got your cp up and running this morning.

My surgery went pretty good except for the epidural, it didn't work so I was pretty well out of it all day Friday, but Sat. they came in and got me out of bed and walking. WOW it was great, I could walk better then before surg, and no pain in the knees. I couldn't believe it. I was so excited, I was ready to go home, but they keep me till Monday. I walked everyday and had some rehab, the doc wanted me to go to rehab in the hospital for a few days before going home but rehab said I was doing so good they wouldn't except me. Everyone was so surprised how good I could walk and move my knees. I told them it wasn't hard when there was no pain. I had surgery pain, but no knee pain.

The doctor made about a 3" cut in the front of both knees and put a metal spacer on both knees and then he had to scrape quit a few spurs off my bones and that was it. I'm having in home rehab it that's going good too, I bicycled for 10 mins yesterday. Feel like a new woman.

Dolores and Carol I thank you both so much for taking care of the new ladies that joined while I was gone, I really appreciated all the help. When you have time could you please send me the new names so I can add then to my list also.

I will be trying to catch up on the site today, missed it so much.I will try and start getting my cards out this week-end.

Thank you all again for the prayers and cards, We sure have a lot of very wonderful caring and thoughtful ladies in our pen pal group. I feel so privileged to be a part of it.

Love you all, Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #1582  
Hardware Hotshot

Yay, Lana!

So glad you are back and that your surgery was so successful!

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #1583  
Compulsive Stamper

Good morning Ladies! Lana I am glad your surgery was a Success!
I am sorry that I haven't gotten any cards sent out. I had company for the last week and things got kinda crazy. However I have nothing planned for today or tomorrow, So I will work on getting some out! Have a fantastic Thursday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #1584  
Hardware Hotshot

Glad to hear all is well Lana! Welcome back.

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #1585  
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Welcome back Lana!

Everyone has missed you. I am glad that everything went well for you. That was sweet of your DH to bring all of your cards to you while you were in the hospital. Take care and we'll see you on here.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #1586  
Insane Embellisher

Lana we are all glad your back. I have e-mailed the new spreadsheet to you. You might be shocked how many new ladies we have.

Received some happy mail today.

Mary T. I love the card, I just bought the same polka dot paper today in the same color LOL. I love the stamp and the quote. You can't look at my cards on line as I have never uploaded a card.

Karen S. The Halloween card is absolutely adorable. I love that little witch. The green and purple go perfectly together.

Happy Stamping all,

Dolores
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #1587  
Die Cut Diva

Thumbs up More happy mail!

Thank you My3LittleMonkeys (Siobhan) -- got my Asian card with the brights and black--purple and the two bright greens are my favorite colors. How cool that you are living in Japan right now! (Know you have to bring an extra suitcase, though, when you come home, for your Target and Michaels visits!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #1588  
Hardware Hotshot

Deb Else--many thanks for the pumpkin card...gotta get that great textured CS! This pen pal group is making my wish list grow! Nice to have your news, too. Have a great evening!

--Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #1589  
Forum Fanatic

Hey Lana............WELCOME HOME, HONEY! We missed you! Boy have you got a lot of reading to do (the thread). LOL We've been a LITTLE gabby.

Got my Happy Mail today.
THanks Carrie for the Bee & flowers. Love the glitter.
Deb E........love the Mummy card. That is so darn cute. You're right........the ideas just keep coming in. Isn't that great?
And Fetty. (Lauri)........got your card today. Love the blue. Thanks sooooooo much. Keep up the good work.

I've been putting a recipe in the card & realized that I don't have to. You can just go to my gallery & they are all there, if you're not sure what's used. I just uploaded 4 more cards. Made 6 today but only uploaded 4. Personal reasons. LOL

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #1590  
Stazon Splitcoast

good morning girls ............ another nice day in paradise........Lana glad to hear all is well ........you go girl.....
I am going to try get some more stuff done for my first workshop....... and now my upline has asked me to do a small craft fair with her making a few things to sell and demo SU so I thought why not good experience so have about 3 weeks to get ready for that so there is always something to keep me busy ... hope you all had a good day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #1591  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks everyone, really good to be back, never know how much you miss something, until you are away from it for a while. Sure do have a lot of catching up to do, but it's so much fun.
Everyone take care,

Lana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #1592  
Polyshrink Goddess

Welcome back Lana! You won't believe the size of this group you started not too long back. It's great to have such a caring group of people in our midst.

Happy mail again today! Thank you Siobhan! I love the colors and the wonderful acorn.

I'm working on more cards to mail this weekend. Made it to the post office on my lunch hour to get more stamps. Hopefully I'll have enough to get all the cards in the mail.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #1593  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Carol for the lovely card....my first ever!!!!
You will have to explain to me what thumping is.
I am hoping to get yours in the mail on Monday.
Lou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #1594  
Polyshrink Goddess

I forgot it's great to see you back, and I am pleased thing went well for you.
Big hugs your way.
Oh and I was really well looked after when I signed up in your absence.
Lou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #1595  
Forum Fanatic

Hi Lou, you will have to try it. Just ink your stamp with a lighter color & then thump with the brush end of your marker. On the lovely as a tree I used MOre mustard & then thumped with red, green, orange, etc. The one you got I inked up with only orange & thumped with rocket red. Then you "HUFF" on it with your breath and stamp. It re-moistens it. Does that make sense?

Have about 7 cards to mail out tomorrow.

Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #1596  
#1 Gas Bagger

Hi Girls,
First I want to say welcome back Lana So glad everything went good. Like deb said " You won't beleive the size of the group you started. It's Great~!!!

And I want to thank Marcine " My Penpal Mom" for the beautiful card I received today in the mail. You really put a lot of time and love into your card. I just love it. Thank so much.

And Rene thanks for the kind words about my friends kittykat. I know what you mean about the kids, the neighborhood had worried about the same thing. Animal control was called and the dog's are tied up. The animal control had told my friends they could sue the owners of the dogs, but they didn't want to do that, because they are good neighbors and we all have to try and get along. It was just a very bad thing that went wrong. Hopefully next time it's not a kid or an adult.

Lezzels, Good luck on your craft fair, I'm also a SU Demo. But haven't had a work shop yet. I'd like to get some card classes going in my pole barn. Let's us all know how everything went.

Have A Good Night Girls

Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #1597  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittykatView Post
Hi Girls,
First I want to say welcome back Lana So glad everything went good. Like deb said " You won't beleive the size of the group you started. It's Great~!!!

And I want to thank Marcine " My Penpal Mom" for the beautiful card I received today in the mail. You really put a lot of time and love into your card. I just love it. Thank so much.

And Rene thanks for the kind words about my friends kittykat. I know what you mean about the kids, the neighborhood had worried about the same thing. Animal control was called and the dog's are tied up. The animal control had told my friends they could sue the owners of the dogs, but they didn't want to do that, because they are good neighbors and we all have to try and get along. It was just a very bad thing that went wrong. Hopefully next time it's not a kid or an adult.

Lezzels, Good luck on your craft fair, I'm also a SU Demo. But haven't had a work shop yet. I'd like to get some card classes going in my pole barn. Let's us all know how everything went.

Have A Good Night Girls

Connie S.
Thankyou kittykat I have my first workshop on the 18th next thursday looking forward to that big big order going in....lol

Last edited by lezzels; 10-11-2007 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #1598  
Hardware Hotshot

Lana~ Welcome back!! I am glad all is going so well for you!!

Lesley~ Your card from Down Under arrived safely!! Thanks so much! It is gorgeous!

Well, yesterday was a great day for me! The package I Priority mailed from Omaha on the 19th of Sept FINALLY arrived! I was really scared it got lost! It had the kid's costumes in it! I kept thinking if I had to sew something for them to wear it would REALLY scare people on Halloween!!

Have a great night everyone! Hope to get to some card making this weekend.

So glad some of you are receiving the ones I sent last week!! I always worry...you can see how erratic the system is over here with how long that package took!!

Siobhan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #1599  
#1 Gas Bagger

Lezzels, Your welcome & I know you will do Good Kido~!!!

Connie S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #1600  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome back Lana, I was so glad to hear all went well. DH getting the fifth wheel wow what great news thats what we are shopping for we have travel trailer now with NO slideouts and just not enough room in there if it rains! Yea alots been goin on these women on here love to gab!!!! HAHA just kidding ladies Well again we are all glad you're back its all down hill down for you

Everyone have a great night
Reply With Quote Likes