Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Any Stampers Near Dayton Ohio? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/any-stampers-near-dayton-ohio-330973/)

Chiefs crafty chik 03-07-2008 04:20 PM

Any Stampers Near Dayton Ohio?

Hi everyone,

Quick question here! It's looking strongly that my family will be moving to Dayton Ohio (Wright Patterson AFB) and I was wondering if there are any other Stampers, SU demos, scrappers etc.... up there?! I'd appreciate any feedback on it!!

Thank you TONS in advance!:-D :-D :-D

lovingyoualways 03-07-2008 04:24 PM

My father is a retired Lt. Colonel for the Air Force. I lived there for 6 years and was devastated when we moved down to Cincinnati. I would move back in a heart beat!

mrs_hawkins 03-07-2008 05:16 PM

I live in Miamisburg, south suburb of Dayton. My husband is an engineer at the base.

conniemacko 03-07-2008 06:07 PM

just in case they don't find this thread... the "anyone in ohio" thread has lots of folks! I'm from Cleveland and often visit Columbus... Dayton is only an hour or two further!

StampinHoosier 03-07-2008 06:41 PM

Michelle: I'm across the state line in Indiana, but we get Dayton TV, etc. Maybe you are already aware of this: Marcos Paper is in the Dayton area.

--Sheila

Marla Creamer 03-07-2008 06:44 PM

...I'm near Dayton!

Hi, Michelle! I stamp with four other stampers connected to Wright Patterson and I live within 10 minutes of Dayton. I'd love to stamp with you!

maryrose 03-07-2008 07:17 PM

Don't know if you're looking for a town in the area to live in, but my in-laws live in Tipp City, and it's an adorable small historic town outside of Dayton.

I'm moving to Indy area in two weeks, and we're so happy to be moving closer to family! Best of luck to you!

amykae 03-08-2008 07:49 AM

I'm down the street in Lebanon, Ohio! Welcome to the Buckeye State!
Amy

bambi64 03-08-2008 10:58 AM

I'm just up the road about 45 mins from Dayton. We are under a blizzard warning right now!! :)

LateBlossom 03-08-2008 01:03 PM

PM'd you!

Joeknee 03-08-2008 01:13 PM

I'm not sure of where Dayton is but I'm in Kentucky. We are about 45 minutes from Cinci.

Tokane4 03-08-2008 01:36 PM

We lived on the east side of Ohio for a while. I loved to go to Dayton! Make sure you go to Marcos paper! If I remember, there is an annual shoebox swap there that is posted on here. We are still in Ohio, but we are now on the west side of the state.

Tracey

stampbystep 03-08-2008 05:13 PM

I am in Springboro, a short trip south of Dayton. My neighbor is a stamper, too!
CK

StampinHoosier 03-09-2008 09:01 AM

Michelle: Here is the link to Marco's Paper

http://marcopaper.com/

--Sheila

Zindorf 03-09-2008 09:33 AM

I'm 30 minutes from Dayton!

Vera 03-09-2008 09:59 AM

Hi Michelle!

I know that princessannabanana is organizing shoebox swaps in Dayton, Ohio. She and Rose-Ellen organized the Dunn Loring, VA shoebox swap last year.

Here's the link to Anna's upcoming shoebox swap.

Vera

chef2die4 03-09-2008 10:12 AM

I live in Enon, and welcome!

(Enon is a two-stoplight town about 5 miles east of Fairborn, WPAFB areas A & C.)

We have a great little scrapbook store that also sells some stamping supplies, called Live, Love, Scrap, on Dayton-Yellow Springs Road. There is also the Color Wheel right here in Enon; lots of stamping stuff, and art supplies, plus classes & such. Love the folks there!

Zindorf 03-09-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vera (Post 9086967)
Hi Michelle!

I know that princessannabanana is organizing shoebox swaps in Dayton, Ohio. She and Rose-Ellen organized the Dunn Loring, VA shoebox swap last year.

Here's the link to Anna's upcoming shoebox swap.

Vera

Thanks Vera,
I realize you were talking to the other Michelle, but I'll check it out too.

Pixie Dust 03-09-2008 11:59 AM

Hi Michelle...I live in Cincy but I grew up in Dayton. There is a stamp store in Beavercreek called he Rubberbowl...great store and the owner is SO nice! If you ever venture south towards cincy, there is a great stamp store called Stamp our Art Out! Welcome to Ohio! :)

stampinmore 03-31-2008 03:21 PM

I'm in Dayton

Hey Michelle! I live in Dayton. There are lots of SU demonstrators in this area--you'll enjoy it! Let me know when you arrive and we can get together! I live about 4 miles from WPAFB.

Chiefs crafty chik 03-31-2008 03:31 PM

How exciting! I'm almost anxious except the packing and unpacking part won't be with the fun paper! LOL! I went to Rose-Ellen's last shoe box swap and it was great! You guys are really tempting me! My DH is coming up that way house hunting this weekend Apr 5 - 9. We're looking at new developements....any suggestions in an area with a good high school?!!

amymcgs 03-31-2008 03:56 PM

I'm just a few miles outside of the Dayton city limits, and about five minutes away from one side of the base, maybe ten minutes away from another part of the base. I've lived in this area for most of my life and would be happy to help you find things in the area, etc. I also have a SU demo in this area who's great & I'll be happy to give you her info--- she's on here, too. :)

We live in a new development-- we built our house 4 years ago. The high school in my city is huge and known for sports, but it has some problems... my kids are going to Catholic schools if we can afford that.

My DH is sitting here with me and I asked him what he'd recommend.... he says Centerville, Stebbins (close to the base, in Riverside-- not far from us and several new developments) or Chamanade Julienne (sp?) which is the Catholic school we're hoping to send our kids to. He says he wouldn't recommend Fairborn because of their financial problems, and most of the Clark county schools are also having financial trouble. PM me for more info. :D

wildbasket 03-31-2008 04:05 PM

I just saw this thread...I am coming to Dayton to vist my brother this week Wed thru prob Sat. I'll have to check out the Marco's and Rubberbowl. Anywhere else that is a must see beteween NC and OH??

He works at WPAFB and used to have a wine store in BeaverCreek near the mall....small world we live in!

Chiefs crafty chik 03-31-2008 04:14 PM

Ooooh Temptation - Thanks!!

My husband tells me "you know it's a lot colder in Ohio then it is here in D.C. right?", to which I reply "you know I'm not leaving the house when we move there right?"! LOL! Thanks for enabling me with stuff to keep me busy at home! LOL! I'm looking forward to not working for a while! This job runs me ragged and I still can't get everything done! LOL!
I can't wait to meet all my new friends too! YEAH!!! Who has the electric warming blanket near their stamp table - raise your hand!! LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinHoosier (Post 9086399)
Michelle: Here is the link to Marco's Paper

http://marcopaper.com/

--Sheila

amymcgs 03-31-2008 04:32 PM

BTW, I'm learning of new stores right here near me just by reading this thread! :)

wildbasket 03-31-2008 04:48 PM

I also heard ya'll have a Hobby Lobby..is it worth going to? I don't have one near me.

snowcountry311 03-31-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs crafty chik (Post 9068758)
Hi everyone,

Quick question here! It's looking strongly that my family will be moving to Dayton Ohio (Wright Patterson AFB) and I was wondering if there are any other Stampers, SU demos, scrappers etc.... up there?! I'd appreciate any feedback on it!!

Thank you TONS in advance!:-D :-D :-D

remember to check out the section titled "get it together". i have met many great stampers on this site. one not 5 miles from my house. never would i have met her! now we (as many as 50) get together several times a year. and on a smaller scale we meet and stamp at each others homes.

amymcgs 03-31-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasket (Post 9351005)
I also heard ya'll have a Hobby Lobby..is it worth going to? I don't have one near me.

I LOVE Hobby Lobby and can't go in there without purchasing something. They built one in my city about a year (maybe two?) ago and it's great.

MWDStamp 04-01-2008 04:53 AM

I don't live in Dayton anymore, but I grew up in Centerville. Graduated from Centerville High School. Great school system. Get on line and check out some of the school systems. You can get lots of info there.
And you have to go to Marco's. I'm jealous of anyone who is close to Marco's. I actually send my brother there to pick up stuff for me. And while you are in Centerville, visiting Marco's, go to Bill's Doughnuts just a bit farther south on Far Hills from Marco's. Best doughnuts! I also force my brother to me bring me doughnuts.

georgia268 04-01-2008 07:43 AM

I live in Dayton too. I don't have kids yet but everyone seems to like the Beavercreek schools. I think Beavercreek and Centerville are pretty much the same. Beavercreek is a little closer to the base. Make sure to visit Cord Camera, it's a scrapbooking store too. They have 30% off cuttlebug and Circut everyday. Also there is a scrapbooking store called Simply Scrapbooks. They are near a new upscaple shopping complex called the Greene.

Leslie30 04-01-2008 11:54 AM

Dayton

Wow! I didn't know there were so many people here close to me! I'm living in Kettering going to grad school and my husband and kids and cats and home are in Marysville (NW of Columbus by about 20 minutes). Kettering is a nice little town to live in and is centrally located to the base and good shopping (home of Simply Scrapbooks, 5 minutes to Marcos, 15 minutes to either Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby and Cord Camera, 10 minutes to The Rubber Bowl, Live, Love, Scrap and Stop & Crop. My kids aren't in school here, but Kettering schools seem to have a good reputation and cost of housing here seems really inexpensive. I don't think there are many new developments in Kettering as it is kind of land-locked but there are many lovely older, interesting homes (especially close to Oakwood).
Good luck with the move. -Leslie