Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Any prek teachers out there?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/any-prek-teachers-out-there-131792/)

emilymomto3boys 03-24-2006 07:38 AM

Any prek teachers out there??

So I am planning a gift for the end of the year and of course part of it will be stamped.

I got these super cute little notecard holders from Target and of course now they are gone. I needed 4 and only have 2. So my plan was to put 5 cards in each and decorate them. Since I only have 2, my plan has to change!

The boys each have 2 teachers. It is billed as a Teacher and an Assistant. I am thinking they both probably do a lot of the work. I was going to give the Head teacher the box with cards and the Assistant just the cards another way...tied with ribbon or something. But I don't want to be rude, should I just give the boxes to one set of teachers and then do something else with them for the other set? I don't want to come across as belittling to the Assistant teacher.

I probably way overthink this stuff. Anyway, any ideas?

photocropper 03-24-2006 07:44 AM

Not a teacher but I would probably do the same for the Assistant...only because the Assistants I have seen do as much work if not more with the kids than the Teacher does.....The Assistant in my dd's K class was always there and was often alone with the kids while teacher had a meeting or doc appt etc...she was also the one that did a lot of hands on with the kids and took them to recess etc.....and they get paid very little usually!
I would come up with something different for one set of the teachers.....maybe make one of those purses that I have seen so much of in the gallery?!

ScrappinAngel 03-24-2006 11:12 AM

I am an assistant in a pre-k class.... i tend to do more work than the teacher....she has me doing all teh coping and paper filing. and other things she may need done. I also help teach the class at times. So in my opinion i would do the same thing for both .

Bethhartley 03-24-2006 11:20 AM

Yeah, I agree. In my sons preschool class the assistant does a LOT of work too and I've typically gotten them the same item..for Christmas and Valentines. If you need another idea, We just made dry erase boards out of 8x8 ceramic tiles and used luminere and pearl ex mixed to stamp on them...then sealed the stamped part with floor wax. You can't seal the entire thing (I don't think) or else you can't write on it as well. Velcroed dry erase markers on the top and they turned out cute. I think you can get the tiles for cheap-cheap at HOme Depot or another home improvent type store.

laurakj 03-24-2006 11:36 AM

I was an assistant for 5 years :) I did as much work if not more than the teacher did! I was there before she was and stayed later half of the time too! I did all the prep work for the class and almost all preparing for the craft projects. She was a great teacher, but I swear I was the one who did everything :)

Please treat them the same way! Whatever you decide to do. Too many times I got the shaft, just because I was the assistant and not the lead teacher!

wendie1017 03-24-2006 03:33 PM

I am an assistant in a preschool, I find for the most part the teacher and I have recieved equal gifts. We work as a team I do alot of running and she does most of the lesson plans.

photocropper 03-26-2006 03:44 PM

So Emily what did you decide to do??

janarah 03-27-2006 01:05 PM

Have you checked a different Target? What did the notecard holders look like. Maybe you could find something similar at Tuesday morning or somewhere else. I used to be a co-teacher in a preschool. Everyone thought I was the assistant and sometimes we got different gifts or I didn't get one at all. I did more of the work and got none of the credit. The same or similar is best. Good luck, Laura

craftycacky 03-27-2006 02:20 PM

I agree with the majority of posters. I used to be a pre-K teacher and my assistant did tons of work. She usually got the same gifts which I think she deserved.