Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Any guys out there doing this? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/any-guys-out-there-doing-467243/)

mopsandt 11-19-2009 11:36 AM

I've not seen men stamp but scrapbook. At my LSS there is a gentleman who comes in frequently (he is young, cute and a married father). He is not the only one I've seen over the years either. Bet there are lots of underground stamping men out there.

Paper Junky 11-19-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopsandt (Post 15578279)
I've not seen men stamp but scrapbook. At my LSS there is a gentleman who comes in frequently (he is young, cute and a married father). He is not the only one I've seen over the years either. Bet there are lots of underground stamping men out there.

Makes me think of the Men's Only Knitting Nights I have heard about. From what I've read, they're just like Women's Only nights but "a lot more cussing."

nuzzlebug 11-24-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissaink (Post 15521057)
My husband will make me and the kids cards and he does "critique" my work when I ask. He wouldn't call himself a stamper, though, he's a gamer. When I bought a Cricut, he said, "Well, I wouldn't spend $400 on a paper cutter, but I guess that's how much I spent on my XBox. It's a hobby."

My husband's a gamer, too (but did a pretty bang-up job on a scrapbook layout) and was saying he wanted to buy an XBox and thinking to discourage him, told him that if he bought me a Cricut then I didn't care if he got another gaming system. It backfired in my favour, though, cuz he went and bought me the Cricut before he got his XBox.

Glitterati 11-24-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine (Post 15575381)
Best wishes learning French. I taught my husband (forced him to learn it). I labelled items all over the house, even inside the fridge. Not just the item's names, but phrases too. I made him read French things, write French things, and I would correct the mistakes. I'm shocked that he did not end up divorcing me!!

Great tip! My DD, a high school sophomore, is taking first year French so the labeling idea is excellent. TFS! :-D

SophieLaFontaine 11-25-2009 07:18 AM

I found another guy stamper! SCS username: andrewoverton. He's a huge CTMH fan!

honeycreekMO 11-27-2009 06:38 PM

I don't know any male stampers personally, but I have a friend (big, tough, burly guy) who does INCREDIBLE cross-stitch.

andrew overton 11-28-2009 03:05 PM

Glad to know their are other Male Stampers out there , i wonder if any teach and run workshops like i do. Over the years i have done creative design work for other companies All Night media, Posh Impressions, Plaid enterprises, Rubber Stampede PSX ,Susan branch, Northwoods and a usage of Stampin Up card and inks and ribbons but dont want to talk about this company i have explained what they did on the CTMH thread to me.
Ihave done design work for major publications in the UK a tad in America and still teach the art of Stamping in Creative workshops. next year sees the CTMH launch using their fab Products which should be exciting and i love Gina K a very lovely lady but dont have any of Ginas products the card seems hugely popular on here maybe one day a full line will superseed the popularity of SU .
The stamping world is massive now and so much is out their sometimes we really are spoilt for choice. But companies have their individual special lines and in times like we are living everyone loves quality but at a great price point and so of late i do like CTMH for the great prices and quality.
IF their are any MALES out there reading this and wish to give stamping a go come on, we need more MALE STAMPERS i thought in America their would be quite a few , In the UK its a few but i do have a Man and Wife team who come to my workshops so thats great.
I dont believe creativity to be just for the Female gender, in the UK we have equal oppurtunities thats why we dont tend to say HER or SHE demonstrator which is not politically correct as SU do. Thats one thing which is not allowed in careers over here and its nice for both male and female to be interested sometimes in the same hobbies.
I even know of ladies who like woodwork and things which were mainly male orientated, so times change.
I do believe it is good if a male stamps maybe eventually teaches and can bring a whole new style to creativity and ladies love my workshops because it is a male who is offering that different style in my workshops its Cardmaking and papercraftwhich i teach.
Hope this gives maybe the slightest encouragement to any one thinking of Stamping.
Regards
Andrew O

MrHambo 12-31-2009 10:28 AM

Nice comment Andrew!! I agree... I wish there were more male stampers. I would like to see different takes on things. If you can't tell from my signature I design for Hambo. I've gotten into the craft/art and have my own bulletin board covered with my stuff. You're not supposed to send the cards are you?

I also would like to see a trend towards more art for art's sake stamping. I don't think that's a gender thing just something I would like to see.

Tim Hunter

SophieLaFontaine 12-31-2009 02:49 PM

Somewhere around here there's an SCS user whose username is Ted. Dunno if that one is a guy or not.