Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   any great lss in san diego area? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/any-great-lss-san-diego-area-264693/)

jailbirdstamper 07-04-2007 03:03 PM

any great lss in san diego area?

Next week I'll be in Disneyland and then the following week we will be near San Diego (El Cahon/ La Mesa area) and thought I would check out anything that seemed interesting. .

Erin K 07-05-2007 02:25 PM

It has been almost 2 years now but when I was out there I went to a very cute store called Stamp Diego. I found them on google. :) Enjoy! It's beautiful out there.

Stamptildawn1 07-05-2007 03:34 PM

Stamp Diego is still here and it's in El Cajon. I believe it's address is on Jamacha.

My favorite scrapbooking store in town is Scrapbook Your Life. They are off of the 5 and Rosecrans.

I haven't been in forever but there used to be a HUGE store with a great crop area on Avocado in El Cajon.

Scrappin Attack is in Santee (Santee and El Cajon border each other). They are a discount scrapbook store.

And.. my customers just told me that there is a brand new Scrapbook store in El Cajon, off of Johnson (across from Parkway Plaza mall). I can't remember the name. It was somthing like Yellow bird, or yellow brick...definately something yellow. :)

And... I keep remembering more... there's supposed to be a great scrapbook store in Alpine (15 minutes east of El Cajon).

I tend to stick with CTMH for most products, so I don't go to the stores much, but I try to stay up to date on what's out there.
Email me if you need the exact names, etc. I can look them up, but I was just popping in real quick right now.

Dawn

Melissa Hannant 07-05-2007 04:06 PM

The store in Alpine is nice, but its not worth the drive. My mom lived about 500 feet from it so everytime I would visit, it was dangerous. My mom will be getting back from India tonight so I'll ask her if she's been into any other good stores lately.

okstamper 07-05-2007 04:35 PM

Hello, I am a native San Diegan..I miss it so much there. I get to go home once a year and visit my family..They have a stamp store on La Mesa Blvd off Spring Street in La Mesa..It's next to Rosie's Quilt Store..It's pretty amazing..That store is amazing if you are quilter too..There are other scrap/stamp stors in the El Cajon area...just gotta look online, its been awhile since I have been there shopping..I usually hit the beach when I go home..Happy Stamping.

Have fun in San Diego.

Bonnie

lutheran 07-05-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamper (Post 6398071)
Hello, I am a native San Diegan..I miss it so much there. I get to go home once a year and visit my family..They have a stamp store on La Mesa Blvd off Spring Street in La Mesa..It's next to Rosie's Quilt Store..It's pretty amazing..That store is amazing if you are quilter too..There are other scrap/stamp stors in the El Cajon area...just gotta look online, its been awhile since I have been there shopping..I usually hit the beach when I go home..Happy Stamping.

Have fun in San Diego.

Bonnie

The store in La Mesa is called Memories in the Making. They are expanding and it is a bit of a mess right now. I highly recommend Scrapbook Your Life from one of the other replies. Stamp Addict on El Cajon Blvd just west of Grossmont Center is a wonderful stamp store with some scrapbook stuff.
pm me if you need more info.
Mary Beth

WaterPixie 07-05-2007 05:33 PM

I really like Cat's Craft Cupboard, but I'm not sure how far it is from where you'll be staying.

Cat has tons of stamps from different companies. It's small, but a rubber stamp heaven!

Cat is also very nice!

lutheran 07-05-2007 05:54 PM

Cat's is in Escondido, a bit over 30 miles from El Cajon. But if you want to go on a shopping road trip while you are here and visit North County, I can give you lots of great destinations!
Mary Beth

Laurie Couture 07-05-2007 07:27 PM

If you make it to Escondido, Scrapping Cottage (the one that advertises online sales on SCS) has a store in town. Sadly, she is closing the shop to focus on her online business, but for the next month or so, the majority of her fabulous inventory is on sale for 30% off!

Also, there's a great LSS in Oceanside, which is between Anaheim and San Diego, called Ever After Scrapbooks. Definitely worth fitting into your schedule if you can. Enjoy!

jailbirdstamper 07-06-2007 07:38 PM

wow! I hope hubby agrees to let me hit them all!

ddgr2331 07-06-2007 09:39 PM

If you are doing the rounds by Disneyland too, my stomping grounds are; Stamp Fever in Orange, Scrapping in the Hills in Anaheim Hills, Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, Screaming Susie's in Whittier.

Have fun!
Susan

stamp300 07-08-2007 01:02 PM

I'm also a native San Diegan, as I am the twin sister of okstamper. There's a stamp store in Seaport Village also, little pricy...but it never hurts to look. The easiest thing to do is find the stores on the net first before you go wasting all that gas. The stamp store next to Rosie's Quilt Cuppard is a nice store too. But I'm with my sister, whenever we get the chance to go back home, we usually hit the beach because I'm in Denver Colorado....we pretty much have mountains.
Have fun at Disneyland though....it's awesome!

Connie

lutheran 07-08-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp300 (Post 6430022)
I'm also a native San Diegan, as I am the twin sister of okstamper. There's a stamp store in Seaport Village also, little pricy...but it never hurts to look. The easiest thing to do is find the stores on the net first before you go wasting all that gas. The stamp store next to Rosie's Quilt Cuppard is a nice store too. But I'm with my sister, whenever we get the chance to go back home, we usually hit the beach because I'm in Denver Colorado....we pretty much have mountains.
Have fun at Disneyland though....it's awesome!

Connie

The store at Seaport Village was Stamp Diego and they closed that location a while ago. Their big store in Santee close to El Cajon is still open and has really nice stuff and samples.
Mary Beth

Skittl1321 07-08-2007 02:38 PM

OH Have a great trip! I'm going to SD for New Years :)

Ferg 07-08-2007 02:54 PM

There is a wonderful stamp store in Old Town San Diego

Ferg 07-08-2007 03:06 PM

If you get up to North county there are two very good LSS.One is directly off of interstate 5 "Via de La Valle", Solana Beach. It is South of the McDonalds and the store is called Flashbacks. The other one, "Everafter Scrapbooks" is in Carlsbad and is excellent.2618 B El Camino Real Carlsbad, CA 92008
Tel: 760-433-9313. It is off of interstate 5 and interstate 78. They have directions on their website http://www.everafterscrapbooks.com/contactus.htm These are not near El Cajon but you will pass these heading south wo where you are staying.