Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Any good projects to use these in? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/any-good-projects-use-these-26061/)

kahoogstad 01-26-2005 09:02 AM

Any good projects to use these in?

I just received my order in last night:

4 bottles of reinker (bliss blue, old olive, perfect plum, ruby red)
skeleton leaves
mini glue dots
cardstock vellum

(and a bunch of stamps sets & cardstock :wink: )

So, I didn't have time to experiment last night but tonight when I get home from work, I'd like to have some fun with this stuff. The stuff in the list are things I've never owned before, but decided to get to try it out.

Any suggestions for any of this stuff? I know I'm going to try the shaving cream technique (finally), but can't do polished stone yet since I don't have a metallic reinker (or metallic pad for that matter). Also, I read on this site that the skeleton leaves are great with a brayer, but I don't have one of those yet.

Let's hear your ideas ladies!!

kahoogstad 01-26-2005 09:08 AM

bump

lindalee 01-26-2005 09:21 AM

You can do polished stone without the metallic reinkers. It doesn't have the glamour but it's still beautiful.

kahoogstad 01-26-2005 10:20 AM

bump

grace 01-26-2005 10:41 AM

If you have acetate, glue and tissue you could try Beate's 'Acetate Tissue' technique in the Resources (at the top of the screen just click resources) or if you want here's the website:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...es/acetate.php

Also check out the resources as it might give you other ideas

HTH

The Cat's Meow 01-26-2005 11:00 AM

make sour cream containers with the vellum. so beautiful and a big WOW at a workshop!

kahoogstad 01-26-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat's Meow
make sour cream containers with the vellum. so beautiful and a big WOW at a workshop!

How do you do this??

MichelleY 01-26-2005 11:05 AM

I love making sour cream containers out of the vellum cardstock. I would recommend using sticky tape to hold them together.

Mini glue dots are the BEST for adhering buttons, CS with brads, ribbon, metal tags, crimped CS, anything that monoadhesive isn't strong enough to hold.

I watercolor with my reinkers. I put a dot in the matching ink lid so I have a more concentrated color to work with. Another technique with the reinkers is shaving cream technique.

Skeleton leaves are great on collage pages. I don't have any but I always wondered if you could change their color by brayering ink onto them.

Anyway, it sounds like you will have a great time 'playing' when you get home tonight.

Enjoy!

MichelleY 01-26-2005 11:05 AM

Oops...took too long to post this. Sorry for the repeat.

kahoogstad 01-26-2005 11:07 AM

no problem, your other ideas are great :D

The Cat's Meow 01-26-2005 11:07 AM

cut a quarter sheet of letter size paper or vellum, vellum CS is awesome for this. Stamp on one side of the vellum or wheel on it, anyway you like. roll the wider side and tape it, it will look like a toilet paper roll. tape the seem after rolling it to keep it in place. pinch one end one way and pinch the other side the opposite direction and crimp each 3 crimps to bind it. (i don't give the best instructions verbally.....). One side will have sticky strip or double sided tape before you crimp and another will not have tape, it will be open. fill it with whatever candy, Easter grass or leave empty. Punch a hole on untaped end after edge is crimped and tie with ribbon or cord to hold closed until the lucky recipient opens it to get candy out if you put any. HTH, PM me if you have a ? I have to get used to giving instructions verbally, I'm a new demo. :) I'm sure there is a pic somewhere on this site.

kahoogstad 01-26-2005 11:12 AM

Thanks! Those are great instructions. Can't wait to try it!!! I did a search for some pics, and got thumbnails, but can't open them :( But now I kinda know what the outcome will look like.

THANKS!!!

The Cat's Meow 01-26-2005 11:14 AM

you're very welcome!