Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Another stamp positioner on the market (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/another-stamp-positioner-market-617799/)

basketdiva 05-05-2017 07:12 AM

Another stamp positioner on the market

Saw this one on franticstampers NSD sale.

Looks like it has some different features than the other ones out there such as being able to use wood stamps.

Ecstasy Crafts - Position-It - The Ultimate Stamping Tool (NSD SPECIAL $10 off)

Rachelrose 05-05-2017 07:56 AM

Amazing. Well, MSP can't bring suits against everyone. That everyone would run with the concept was inevitable. This one has removable brackets and the lid doesn't hit them, so I am sure it can't be challenged.

Interesting that it says you can use wood mounts. I don't find all my wood mounts are the same thickness in terms of the block. Wonder how you secure them so that you can restamp. Or maybe it's just a much more stable version of the Stamp a Ma Jig, so you can just place the wood mount down in the same spot more precisely. Clever.

basketdiva 05-05-2017 08:26 AM

Since it does not have the lid like MISTI, no need for any lawsuit that I can see.
It does look like a much more stable type of Stamp A Ma Jig. I know I have trouble using the thin plastic that comes with the Stamp A Ma Jig.

I like the idea of one tool that works with all the stamp sets I have but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend $45 ( NSD special) on it yet.

Rachelrose 05-05-2017 08:37 AM

I've already got a Misti, and I've got a Tonic on pre-order. And that's it for me. I don't have many wood mounts, and am considering unmounting what I do have.

But if I didn't have any version of one of these, I would certainly consider getting one of them. It does make life way easier. Yesterday one of my projects would have come to a screeching halt when I had to stamp an image on a Distress Oxide BG done on WC paper. Even with Versafine, the first stamping was imperfect, it took three. But I got what I wanted, and I couldn't have done it without the Misti.

TeeGeeDee 05-05-2017 09:07 AM

It seems the maker, Cathie Allen, is based in Canada so, even if MSP wanted to sue, it mostly can't happen.

Also, I think I have seen the Position-It in some OLD magazines (as part of articles/tutorials vs advertisements).

I'm still hoping to get some version of the one by Tonic/Tim Holtz (original is pre-ordered and supposedly expected in June). Still grateful my BFF gave me the one by Stampendous!

TeeGeeDee 05-06-2017 10:12 AM

The [original] Position-It dates back to at least 2010:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l-t487652.html

There has been a collaboration with Ecstasy Crafts for an updated version. Here's a link to an article if anyone wants to read more about it:

https://creativescrapbooker.ca/2017/...n-position-it/

wavejumper 05-06-2017 05:31 PM

I agree Rachel. It does read as a stationary thing-a-ma-jig type feature to me too. Which could be a good thing. Not always easy to keep that in exact place and put down the stamp repeatedly. The walls dont look so high to me as to meet how it is described, but I have learned I have to see stuff in person to really know.

Rachelrose 05-07-2017 04:04 AM

If it was around in 2010 and had that hinged lid, it predates the Misti. So the concept was already out there. Interesting.

jukie 05-08-2017 07:48 AM

My SIL's MIL has one and since it is Mother's Day this weekend coming I have asked SIL to ask her MIL what she thinks of it, and how it works with wood mounted stamps for you...will let you know if she gets any feedback!

bjeans 05-08-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee (Post 21463921)
It seems the maker, Cathie Allen, is based in Canada so, even if MSP wanted to sue, it mostly can't happen.

Also, I think I have seen the Position-It in some OLD magazines (as part of articles/tutorials vs advertisements).

I'm still hoping to get some version of the one by Tonic/Tim Holtz (original is pre-ordered and supposedly expected in June). Still grateful my BFF gave me the one by Stampendous!

Both the UK and Canada are members of the World Intellectual Property Organization, so MSP could have simultaneously filed a suit in those countries. But it would have cost more $$, and maybe she doesn't ship to shops there so it wasn't worth it?

I've purchased a few items from two shops in England (I'm in the U.S.) and shipping was surprisingly not expensive, so worst case scenario there's that down the road.

I have a Misti and the Creative Corners and like them, but really want a Tim Platform too. I like the bag you can get for it too, but I'm a total pouch/bag junky.

shazsilverwolf 05-08-2017 08:30 AM

I can say that the MISTI is available from a few outlets over here in the UK, but it is ridiculously expensive- around the �50 mark, which I think equates to 60$+. In fact, that was the main reason I kept resisting buying one, the price was a bit too high for my blood. Then of course, Tim announced his, and it's retailing over here for a fraction over half the cost of a MISTI.

Cartermrc 05-08-2017 12:02 PM

I'm waiting for one to be under $25. Why are they all so darn expensive?!

Stampnnatter 05-09-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf (Post 21465497)
I can say that the MISTI is available from a few outlets over here in the UK, but it is ridiculously expensive- around the �50 mark, which I think equates to 60$+.

Here in New Zealand, they are selling for $130, which is about �70 or nearly $90 US!! I bought mine on a 20% off special, and snapped up one of the WRMK presses when they first came out at just under half the price of the Misti.