Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to Corina
Question another pesky Demo question...

I've read all the great questions about being a demo and the more I read the more I'm ready to scream "SIGN ME UP!!!"

but I do have a couple more questions::
a) I have a full time (40 hr/wk) job and a DH and 2 kids (8 & 4)... I'm worried that being a demo will take away a lot of my time with them... (I know I get to 'set my own hours' etc... but how much time does it take to prep for a workshop?

b) taxes - How does that work? I know SU! charges sales tax, but will I need to get a tax id and report the sales tax for what I sell, or do I turn that into SU! and they report it???

c) bookkeeping - How much bookkeeping, reports, paperwork etc.. do you have to turn into SU!?? (I probably wouldn't be the most effecient at keeping track of more than orders and my profit... [blush])

Thanks everyone for any info you can give me!!
I love SCS!!!

Cori
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

1) I've only ever done 2 workshops, but prep time doesn't have to be excessive. SU has lots of ideas online for workshop projects, so you don't have to take time inventing the wheel if you don't want to.

2) You don't have to deal with sales tax at all, because SU takes care of that. You do need to track your income and expenses, and file with the IRS come April.

3) There really isn't any paperwork to turn into SU. When you take orders, those sheets come home with you, and you then input your orders into SU's system via the internet. The only time there would be paperwork to send to SU would be if you have a recruit.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default demo

sent you a pm.
Kelley
Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I did sales for a home party system for a year. I did very well with it. It was not stamps and this was about 15 years ago. Because they supplied all business supplies free and we got a 50% commission, I did VERY well working 25 hours a week. Better than I have at any job. But, I quit after 11 months. I had 2 small children at home and the parties had to be held evenings and weekends. My husband and kids suffered. It just was not worth it even though I was clearing several thousand a month. I was devoted to being a SAHM and even though my kids never were with a sitter, they also never had me in the evenings and on weekends. I think your first consideration has to be your family. I was also really exhausted as sales came in round the clock and our phone never quit ringing.