Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Another one bites the dust........ (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/another-one-bites-dust-582634/)

cjcape521 01-02-2014 11:39 AM

Another one bites the dust........

Just got an email that Archiver's will be closing ALL their stores.......My fave place on the planet, can't believe!!!! GRRRR!

fionna51 01-02-2014 11:47 AM

:shock:

WOW!

RiverIsis 01-02-2014 11:52 AM

Thud

Illinois Marge 01-02-2014 12:20 PM

I'm not surprised. There are two Archivers within 10 miles of me (in opposite directions).

I think I go in once every 2 or 3 years?

I think they are overpriced and they never have what I go in looking for. I always end up going online instead (after visiting the store).

cjcape521 01-02-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinois Marge (Post 20470213)
I'm not surprised. There are two Archivers within 10 miles of me (in opposite directions).

I think I go in once every 2 or 3 years?

I think they are overpriced and they never have what I go in looking for. I always end up going online instead (after visiting the store).

Wow, I'm surprised, because the one near me (GA) had all kinds of things...supplies Michaels never carries. (Scor-tape, ODBD stamps) My only complaint was not enough coupons. It's just discouraging, because when you go online, unless you order $50 or more, there's a shipping charge, and most often I don't NEED $50 of "stuff" hahaha!

Phantom 01-02-2014 12:43 PM

I loved that I got so many coupons and sale announcements from Archivers through email, but they are a couple of hours away so very hard to get there often.

Here's the email letter and I believe it was also on their Facebook page:

Archiver's: What's in Store

I will miss visiting Archivers which was always a special occasion :( .

cjcape521 01-02-2014 01:37 PM

There's another stamp company closing this year as well, and now I have forgot which it is...........anyone know?

binkiemonstermom 01-02-2014 01:45 PM

Very sad. I liked Archivers!!!

grandepuce 01-02-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjcape521 (Post 20470324)
There's another stamp company closing this year as well, and now I have forgot which it is...........anyone know?

Are you referring to There She Goes stamps closing shop? That's the only stamp company I heard recently announced they were closing down. I was so bummed - I was a big fan of their products and will miss them greatly!

duranfan 01-02-2014 05:16 PM

I recently heard that Creative Memories was restructuring. I still love scrapping/stamping as I ever have, but after a while, I found I had plenty of supplies. I really don't need to go shopping very often. I go to CKC once a year, and usually place one or two big SU orders a year. I have is much patterned paper that I'm really trying to use up what I have. Don't know if it's the same with other folks- having plenty already.

Makalah 01-02-2014 07:48 PM

The Craft's Meow just closed too.

Allistamps123 01-03-2014 03:20 AM

All their stores? Oh no! I guess that answers my question on the other Archivers thread. Boohoo ;-(

cjcape521 01-04-2014 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandepuce (Post 20470591)
Are you referring to There She Goes stamps closing shop? That's the only stamp company I heard recently announced they were closing down. I was so bummed - I was a big fan of their products and will miss them greatly!

Yes, that's the one. I hadn't ordered anything from them lately, but they're stamps are/were really cute.
You know, I just don't BUY the way I once did. My paper stash is the family joke (it overruns my apartment) I don't need any embellies or stamps, (I love digitals) so the only thing I buy is Scor-tape, or now I am in the process of replacing some of my Ciao markers w/Sketch, and that's only when Michael's offers 50% off. :D

TexasGrammy 01-05-2014 07:53 AM

The closing of Archiver's altogether is definitely sad. I live too many hours from Archivers to have been a true 'customer'. Every time a brick & mortar crafty/stampy store closes, it feels like another threat to the crafty lifestyle & hobby that I adore. :(

lesliespringer 01-05-2014 08:53 AM

Can anyone make this a possibility for shopping? It is Awesome

Rubber Stamp Events | Promoting Artistic Rubber Stamp Shows | Rubber Stamp Events

9or18holes 01-05-2014 11:52 AM

Always found unusual things when I was lucky enough to be close to an Archiver's (usually while visiting family in other states.) Didn't they attempt to sell online for a while?

Makalah 01-05-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9or18holes (Post 20474454)
Didn't they attempt to sell online for a while?

They still do.

Scrapbooking, Stamping, Cardmaking Tools & Supplies | Archivers Annex

Phantom 01-06-2014 05:13 AM

The Annex will also be closing:

"What about the Annex?

Online shopping through ArchiversAnnex.com will continue into early February. If you have an e-gift card for the Annex, you will still be able to use it at any time. We recommend shopping early, especially for Archiver’s exclusive items—when they’re gone, they’re gone for good."