Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   another demo question! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/another-demo-question-70582/)

digby 07-17-2005 04:39 PM

another demo question!

First - thank you to everyone who has been posting questions and answers about becoming a demo. It's really tempting right now! So another question-
how does Stampin' Up take payment from demos? (credit card, etc?) Do you make your payment at the time you place an order? Also, has anyone experienced a demonstrator/potential upline who was not supportive of you becoming a demonstrator? (afraid of losing business, etc?) Thanks in advance for your comments and keep all the encouragement coming to us who are still deciding!!
Cheryl

AmandaMay 07-17-2005 04:45 PM

To pay for the order you have to use a credit card with YOUR name on it. (It cannot be a customers cc) You collect payment form customers to pay your cc bill. You can choose to accept cc from a customer, but you still have to pay for the order from SU with your cc.

I have not experienced an unsupportive upline b/c of losing customers. When I signed up my friends and I ( a WHOLE bunch) had just met her and we all had parties with her for about 3 months. She said when I signed up that it was a bummer to lose such a huge customer base b/c we all bought a lot. But....she is really into recruiting. Your upline will still receive perks off your sales and recruiting you.

BeckyInMa 07-17-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digby
First - thank you to everyone who has been posting questions and answers about becoming a demo. It's really tempting right now! So another question-
how does Stampin' Up take payment from demos? (credit card, etc?) Do you make your payment at the time you place an order? Also, has anyone experienced a demonstrator/potential upline who was not supportive of you becoming a demonstrator? (afraid of losing business, etc?) Thanks in advance for your comments and keep all the encouragement coming to us who are still deciding!!
Cheryl

Stampin Up takes payment online with CC (and maybe by debit and check, I would need to double check that...) through Order Entry Express at the time you enter the workshop order. Customer pays you directly, and you pay SU. Believe it or not, from what my upline just showed me today, both transactions are completely seperate from each other.

My Upline is actually extremely excited to have 2 demo's sign on with her just today since it was her goal to have a total of 3 downlines for the '05'06 year, so she's 2/3 there! However, the two of us are her two biggest customers. Any customers she got because of us, become our customers. She will need to begin to build her customer base up again, however, being a new catalog and nearly Holiday season, she will probably not have much of a problem with that...Don't go with that demonstrator if they are not supportive of your ambitions... JMHO