Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:33 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another craft show display question

Hi
I spent 2 hours yesterday seaching here for display ideas for an upcoming event that I am vending at. I got some great ideas but here's my dilemma:
I am flying to the event so will have limited space in my suitcase for display items.
The event is 3 days in Delaware and it's a greyhound event so I will be selling my greyhound themed cards (the company I bought the stamps from approved my selling cards using their stamps and I don't use any other stamps so angel policy is not an issue- FYI).
I am bringing 200 cards have a 3 foot table (I am sharing a 6 foot table with another lady). I am bringing 2 sheets for the table that will hand to the floor(to hide my stuff under the table) and a nice table cloth to put over the top (all 3 in hunter green).
I have 2 wooden cd holders that I use to display the cards. It's hard to explain but it has pegs to seperate the cd spaces and open on the sides. So people can flip through the cards and see them all. I am also going to lay a few out on the table and put envelopes in a basket (people always ask if they get an envelope). The cards are not put in plastic until they buy them and then I put them all together and close with a circular sticker with a greyhound on it along with my business name (GreytKards)
Since I can't bring a large card rack and I am leaving in less than a week so ordering one is out of the question too, what other ideas do you guys have for eye catching displays? I am renting a beach house for the weekend so hopefully there will be items in the house that I might borrow for the table to get my cards up higher (maybe a stack of books under the table cloth?)
All ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 06:57 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, Kari--I hope your event goes great! I hope you sell all your stuff and get orders for more!
Wow, you do have some limitations to deal with. My only ideas.... can you put your carry-on bag under the tablecloth to make a lift? Also a little vase of fresh flowers or fall leaves might be attractive and can be purchased there and disposed of afterwards.
I bet you could find an area demo on SCS who might be willing to loan you a standing rack. Also, you might be able to purchase a display there since you will theoretically have a lot more room coming back than going out.
That's all I can come up with! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 07:03 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can you pack some collapsed boxes? Chipboard-weight or heavier, I mean. You could cover them with cloth and place baskets on top of them to get varying heights on your table. Waiting to assemble them until you set up your booth would mean you could fit several in your suitcase with almost no space taken up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I like the box idea, thanks. Now just need to find some boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes