Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Angel Policy Question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/angel-policy-question-142506/)

Dream513 05-02-2006 07:36 AM

Angel Policy Question

I had a quick question I hope someone can help me with. I understand that though the angel policy if you want to sell cards (say a craft fair or to friends) you have to have stamped on the back with one of the �made with love� stamps or the personalized stamps with stampin� up on them. Do the stamps have to be one out of a current catalog? Or can they be from ones that are retired?

Tanneb 05-02-2006 07:44 AM

It's my understanding that the angel policy covers all SU! stamps, retired or current.

Dream513 05-02-2006 08:21 AM

Cool! Thanks a lot!

florascrap 05-02-2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanneb
It's my understanding that the angel policy covers all SU! stamps, retired or current.

I could be mistaken, but I believe she is actually asking if the actual copyright stamp has to be in the current catalog (since both Handmade With Love sets are being retired this year).

I am not sure the answer, though, so I hope someone else knows since I am interested in the information as well. :)

Dream513 05-02-2006 09:12 AM

Yes, the copyright ones......see, I knew there was a name for that...Lol...:)
Thanks.

craftygirl04 05-02-2006 09:16 AM

:???: I'm not sure but wouldn't it make sense that as long as the stamps say Stampin' Up! on them it shouldn't matter if they are retired or not?

ddietsch 05-02-2006 09:23 AM

Don't worry, as long as it's a Stampin' Up! copyright stamp - you're covered! Doesn't matter whether it's one from 1988 or 2006 - SU is only concerned that their name is there.

You won't have to buy news ones. But I'll bet there'll be some cute ones coming out!!!

Diane

Tanneb 05-02-2006 09:24 AM

I emailed Demonstrator Support to find out.

Meantime, my thoughts are that the "Hand Made By" stamps, including the personalized ones are not dated [like (c) 1990-2006], so my GUESS is that just because they are not in the current catalog, it doesn't mean the copyright is invalid. The SU! Angel Policy itself also doesn't stipulate that it be in the current catalog.

Wouldn't that suck if we had to go back and restamp products for sell with a current copyright stamp?

We'll have to see what DS says!

lkl46 05-02-2006 09:25 AM

Copyrighted images

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream513
I had a quick question I hope someone can help me with. I understand that though the angel policy if you want to sell cards (say a craft fair or to friends) you have to have stamped on the back with one of the �made with love� stamps or the personalized stamps with stampin� up on them. Do the stamps have to be one out of a current catalog? Or can they be from ones that are retired?

This is from the demo manual regarding the angel policy. Hope this answers your question.
Loretta

All of Stampin' Up!'s images are copyrighted, which means that they may not be copied without permission. To help protect the rights granted by these copyrights, all craftwork created for sale using Stampin' Up! images must be marked with one of the images from the official Stampin' Up! Limited License stamp sets shown in the Idea Book & Catalog.

Dream513 05-02-2006 09:25 AM

Thank You

Thanks everyone for your help. I knew I could count on ya'll for answers! I figured it wouldn't matter; but you never know!
Thanks again!

Dream513 05-02-2006 09:27 AM

Whoa

Wow! You guys are fast......Gotta go to lunch and then I'm reading up on your relipes!

Tanneb 05-03-2006 09:43 AM

Here's Demo supports response:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our recently announced retired list and the upcoming Idea Book & Catalog. Please know that the Handmade with Love stamp sets will still fulfill the requirements of the Angel Policy, even after they retire. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dream513 05-03-2006 09:56 AM

Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you've done. :p

Tanneb 05-03-2006 05:22 PM

You're so welcome! http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/g050.gif

florascrap 05-03-2006 07:26 PM

Thanks for the official response! :) I would have expected that answer, but it's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to copyright issues. :)