Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEBATING ON BEING A DEMO??

I'm debating, should I or shouldn't I? :confused: At this point I don't have much time to devote but the special going on is an incentive. I'm wondering how much time you need to devote, if you can make a living, if the website sales count.... decisions, decisions. :???:
Thanks for any input
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess it depends on what you mean by a living.

Honestly, if you want to make a "living" it is a full time job, IMHO. Even then, it would be hard to make enough to support yourself.

If you want to buy the starter kit and slowly work at it, make sure to sign up under an upline who has a successful business and can provide a LOT of business guidance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, any sales from your website counts towards your quota, but there is a monthly fee for the website. Even if you don't make big bucks, it's a great way to support your hobby and make lots of friends.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

That's good to know! I've emailed to person who did a party I was at for info with a few questions but the more you know the better, she seems to be in demand in this area. I'd probably want a website (assuming it wasn't too much) so that I could have a link in my signature line on emails, etc. for family & friends to check out. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
Yes, any sales from your website counts towards your quota, but there is a monthly fee for the website. Even if you don't make big bucks, it's a great way to support your hobby and make lots of friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

First, the amount of time you can devote to your new business will determine, to a great effect the amount of money you can make. There are demonstrators who do this full time and earn a good living-my upline is one. This being said, if I had to guess, I'd say that only the top 10% of demonstrators are the ones making a decent living at this. The rest, and probably most who are on these boards, do not make a large amount of money for a variety of reasons.

One of the best pieces of advice I received was that if you wanted this to replace your current job, then you need to treat this like a business and like a job-regular tasks, regualr hours, making decisions based on business vs based on emotion, etc.

This being said, if you are already spending $300 every 3 months and/or you have family and firends that would also pool orders so that you have $300 in sales then you don't have much to lose by signing up. In addition, if you sign up, try to make it as a business and for whatever reason change your mind- there is no penalty.

Lastly, if you haven't already done so, talk with your demonstrator about the pros and cons and if she has a SU website, check out the video on the "Join My Team" page.

Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes