Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Am I the only one.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/am-i-only-one-94248/)

emarj 10-19-2005 08:25 PM

Am I the only one....

Please don't take this the wrong way for the ladies who have posted their beautiful creations....I am not knocking your work which is gorgeous! I think the Z Becky Brown purses themselves are ugly...I'm starting to think I am in the minority and have missed something. I get the idea that you can decorate them and change them out for the seasons, etc...but aren't they just hard plastic boxes? Are there any pockets inside? Or do you just lose stuff straight to the bottom?

Emarj

p.s. apologies to Z Becky if she happens to read this. I admire the ingenuity...just not the design...

SallyPilot 10-19-2005 08:34 PM

I agree. I am a total purse slut and just love love love them. I must have a hundred, but this one I am just not loving.

AmyR 10-19-2005 09:07 PM

Nah you're not alone. I LOVE the inserts that ppl have made for them - some are WAY cute - but the purse itself doesn't appeal to me at all - which kinda sucks cuz I know I'd have a lot of fun making my own inserts but I couldn't bring myself to actually use the purse! LOL

fool4scrapping 10-19-2005 09:08 PM

I thought it was just me too! I wouldn't spend that much on one even with a 50% off coupon! Just not my style.... on the other hand, it IS a unique marketing tool....

nasmith1701 10-19-2005 09:25 PM

I am glad I am not the only one. They seem to be so "in" and I know that I would have SO much fun making the inserts that I almost bought one. But then decided that even at half off it is still too expensive for something I dont actually like...

Jami 10-19-2005 09:33 PM

I didn't really care for them until I saw Jenn's and Consuelo's in person this weekend! Suddenly now I am wanting one. They are much cooler IRL. But I can certainly see how they might not appeal to everyone.

Happy Heart 10-20-2005 02:31 AM

It's just a plastic box! UGH! But then, I've never been one to follow fashion fads. I really have to like something before I buy it. I don't like spending good money on things that will go out of fashion quickly.

Tah Dah! 10-20-2005 03:53 AM

I'm with all of you guys - I think they're nice, but just not for me. I prefer a more traditional shaped bag in some sort of fabric/leather. It really is a cool idea, though. Frankly, I'm relieved that I haven't fallen in love with 'em because that's $50 I don't have to spend! :)

~Trish

Laura7712 10-20-2005 04:01 AM

I though I was missing something!!!! I just don't get it......

stampinrhonda 10-20-2005 04:06 AM

I don't card for that type of purse either. But then again, I never cared for the Longaberger basket type purse. I'm more traditional when it comes to bags.

I too think the concept is great.....being able to display your art in that way.

degrffn 10-20-2005 04:20 AM

It's not just you . . . I might like it if someone gave one to me, but I am not moved to go buy one myself. I would like to see one in person, but I highly doubt that is going to happen in my little town!

green682 10-20-2005 04:55 AM

I thought I was the only one also. I really like the way people put the great inserts in them, but they are plastic boxes. Maybe I am missing something.

Edie32 10-20-2005 05:19 AM

I think they're cute enough, but I'm not likely to carry it around!

I thought it might be fun to do one for my daughter (4) but not at that price!

It's a fun way to be creative but not to carry around. Besides, I'd worry that I'd bang it up after spending good $ and after I'd been creative and made it all artsy I'd worry that I'd ruin it.

outsiderartist 10-20-2005 05:45 AM

They are not designed very well, I would never carry one of things around, I injure myself easily and that hard clunky design would be leaving my bruised up.

aslangirl 10-20-2005 07:31 AM

I haven't seem one IRL, so I'm not sure what the dimensions are, but maybe they would be good to use for keeping a stash of cards! I agree that I wouldn't like it as a purse, but I love the idea!

jen9853 10-20-2005 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aslangirl
I haven't seem one IRL, so I'm not sure what the dimensions are, but maybe they would be good to use for keeping a stash of cards! I agree that I wouldn't like it as a purse, but I love the idea!

That's an AWESOME idea!

I too think it's a very cool concept, and I'm sure I'll buy one at some point when I have some extra cash flow (after the holidays), but I wouldn't enjoy carrying it around except as a marketing tool/conversation piece.

dawnmercedes 10-20-2005 10:26 AM

Thanks to all for being a voice of reason. I didn't really like the purse too much to begin with. Then a few days ago, I saw some great designs online and started wanting that purse. I even showed it to my DH as a gift idea for Christmas, if he used a 50% off coupon. Hehe.

So I think I'm over that craze. Though, I'm sure, after how I gushed about one, I'll still be getting one for Christmas.

Dawn

Sairabee 10-20-2005 10:29 AM

I couldn't agree more. I think they're kinda tacky lookin'!

laurakj 10-20-2005 10:56 AM

OK I glad I'm not the only one either. The concept of "designing" your own purse is great, but I just don't get the whole plastic box look.

Stamp Maniac II 10-20-2005 11:07 AM

Ok, I am totally lost..what is it and what does it look like?

uffdastamper 10-20-2005 11:18 AM

Here is a link to the website w/info about them.

http://www.zbeckybrown.com/products/...ve_clazzic.php

dgmlmax 10-20-2005 11:18 AM

I often think maybe they don't carry them around! Maybe they just display them at their SU parties. But no your not alone, they are too hard and boxy (sp?) for me!

Dina

JulieHRR 10-20-2005 11:21 AM

I have one, just awaiting my attention. Personally, I think it is a wonderful way to:

1. Showcase one's family (photos)--they are our greatest treasures, right?
2. Share your art with others everywhere you go
3. Strike up a conversation--makes a wonderful ice-breaker, especially if you are typically shy and have a hard time initiating conversation with folks you've just met
4. Transport stamping tools ;)

I think if you shift paradigms, and look "beyond" the fact that it's touted and marketed as a "purse", you may find other uses for it.

Then, again, mebbe not! I didn't buy it to use it as a "purse", so I look at it differently. :)

Stamp Maniac II 10-20-2005 11:27 AM

Thanks now I see what you all are talking about. I'm not crazy about the purse or the price!

redapron 10-21-2005 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I have one, just awaiting my attention. Personally, I think it is a wonderful way to:

1. Showcase one's family (photos)--they are our greatest treasures, right?
2. Share your art with others everywhere you go
3. Strike up a conversation--makes a wonderful ice-breaker, especially if you are typically shy and have a hard time initiating conversation with folks you've just met
4. Transport stamping tools ;)

I think if you shift paradigms, and look "beyond" the fact that it's touted and marketed as a "purse", you may find other uses for it.

Then, again, mebbe not! I didn't buy it to use it as a "purse", so I look at it differently. :)

Great way of looking at it since I wouldn't be using it as a purse, either! Thanks, Julie!

Orlandomom2 10-21-2005 06:08 AM

saw one

I saw these 'in person' at a scrapbooking expo. They're cuter irl - and if I received one as a gift I'd probably use it - but wouldn't buy it myself :)

Disneywed 10-21-2005 06:19 AM

not really my thing either,. might make a real cool gift though.I orefer a bag I can put EVERYTHING in....that is just way too tiny

Patra 10-21-2005 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinrhonda
I don't card for that type of purse either. But then again, I never cared for the Longaberger basket type purse. I'm more traditional when it comes to bags.

I don't care for the purses, either, even though I love what some have done with them. When I was tempted to buy one I just remembered the Longaberger purse I bought that I carried once before it went on a shelf. I knew I probably wouldn't carry it when I bought it! I don't know why I do that. :confused: So far, I haven't yeilded to the temptation to get the Z Becky Brown yet. Now I just have to stay away from all the gallery pictures of them. :rolleyes:

clou72 10-21-2005 07:31 AM

I think their cute, I wouldn't carry one as a purse, but to put cards or samples in, to carry to workshops, or to use as gift box.

Sairabee 10-21-2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR

They would be great marketing tools for demo's. A way to strike up conversations and pass out business cards, etc. I'm not a demo, but I can totally see the benefit of it being used for that purpose...

canadiandiva27 10-21-2005 07:52 AM

z becky brown needs to design a diaper bag! my purse of choice currently!

serialpurrs 10-21-2005 07:53 AM

I like them and would love to get my hands on one to play with, but not at that price.

tayloredexpressions 10-21-2005 08:29 AM

I am also a little leary of the price. I've been checking Joann.com everyday to see if they are back in stock so I can get one at 50% off. I don't plan to use it as a purse, more of a carrying case for supplies and a stash of cards.

Santhony 10-21-2005 11:55 AM

Oooooh, I hadn't thought of using it as a "craft carrier"...that is a great idea! It wouldn't work as a purse for me because I HAVE to have one that hangs on my shoulder...I have three children, so when I'm out and about I need to have both hands free!

Stephanie

tc82742 10-21-2005 11:59 AM

i think they look ugly... but having seen stamper sharon's in real life.. it is beautiful.
i wouldnt wear it out on a dress up date.. but to dinner and to the craft stores, etc.. it is awesome.

but, i dont LOVE it enough to spend that much money on it.

witty5 10-21-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiandiva27
z becky brown needs to design a diaper bag! my purse of choice currently!

Brilliant! Does their website have a "suggestion box"

Qbee 10-21-2005 01:28 PM

Maybe someone with an entrepreneurial spirit out there will look at this as an opportunity to design something a little more functional for those of you who would like to use it as a purse. It would also be great if the price point would be between $20-30, because then it would make a great gift for my stamping friends.

jkstieber 10-21-2005 01:44 PM

I'm with a lot of you, I would never use one as a purse, it just doesn't look durable enough to withstand what I put my purses through. But it would be cool to use for carrying craft items, etc. It even reminds me a little of an old fashioned lunch box, maybe it would be a good snack carrier?

charming 10-21-2005 01:47 PM

I was just thinking of enlarging the SU! purse template and either laminating, or using mac-tac sticky paper to plasticize/protect the artwork. Then just stamp it up plasticize and sew it together. No weirder than Pleather, or patent bags, and it's a cute retro, classic purse in a custom size!

too weird for my own good?

I-Am-Serendipity 10-21-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyPilot
...I am a total purse slut....

ROTFLMAO!!!! That is me to a T!!! I love purses, and other than the price, I probably would have bought one by now, just because it IS different. But I love your phrasing!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! ;)