Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Of all the things you've made in September. . . (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/all-things-youve-made-september-507551/)

hollylogic 09-30-2010 06:59 AM

Of all the things you've made in September. . .

which paper craft creation brought you the most joy to admire and/or give when it was all done?

(And if you have pictures, please do share!)

anniesmom 09-30-2010 07:04 AM

No pictures but I made my first card using a digi stamp. I swore I would never use one but I was desperate (never say "never"). My friend's 94 year old grandmother took her first hot air balloon ride a few weeks ago and I made a card for her using an hot air balloon digi stamp.

wahinelei 09-30-2010 07:21 AM

I have two projects to share:

I made a journal (an altered composition book) for a brave lady going thru chemotherapy now:
Altered Composition Book by wahinelei - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I made another altered composition book with the original intent to give as a gift but ended up keeping it for myself: Celebrate Life by wahinelei - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I always love when this thread comes up. Thank you Holly!

hollylogic 09-30-2010 07:24 AM

Mine would be this winsome witch I made for a punch art blog hop--she cracks me up so much, I'm working on a sister for her. . . .

krystie lee 09-30-2010 07:26 AM

Definitely my calendar project. It was for a good cause, I had fun playing with all the different stamps, and will make my mom happy. Warm fuzzies everywhere! lol!

(I feel like I keep posting links to this, but it just keeps coming up! I'm really not trying to post about this every day! hehe!)

texan947 09-30-2010 08:02 AM

I think mine is definately this mini suitcase box I did for part of a baby gift for somebody DH works with. Of course, now I need to do another one and have run out these boxes and they worked so well.

whoistracy 09-30-2010 09:19 AM

Great projects so far! What a fun thread.

Mine would be the fun little fall-inspired tablescape I created for a lunch with my niece who is really into reading these days.

IHP September Challenge - WhoIsTracy? Blog

krystie lee 09-30-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracy (Post 17380458)
Great projects so far! What a fun thread.

Mine would be the fun little fall-inspired tablescape I created for a lunch with my niece who is really into reading these days.

IHP September Challenge - WhoIsTracy? Blog

Love! So cute and creative!

NancyK. 09-30-2010 09:51 AM

I did more "non cards" in September than I usually do. Two of the boxes I made came out well:

Ornament gift box

and

Origami gift box (this was so easy!)

peeps321 09-30-2010 01:49 PM

I made a variety set of 10 cards to bring as a hostess gift to my college roommate. I had fun making those cuz some were birthday, some thinking of you or blank, thank you etc. I kind of like it when I do that cuz it's rather freeing. You aren't tied to one theme. I tried to do different styles so she can see just all the neat things I can make by stamping. I'm leaving on my trip tomorrow to visit her in San Francisco..haven't seen her for about 5 years..I'm really excited! We were in college together in the late 70's and we've only been able to get together about 3 times since.

RubberLady603 09-30-2010 02:10 PM

Great stuff everybody! and Thanks to Holly for getting it started. I look forward to this every month!

taniwolf 09-30-2010 03:36 PM

mine are:

1. Rainy Day umbrella by taniwolf - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

2. Sending Warm Fuzzies by taniwolf - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

3.SC297 autumn thinking by taniwolf - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sewflake 09-30-2010 03:59 PM

Mine would have to be this basket of Sweet Treats that are all ready the Halloween.

Lainy67 09-30-2010 06:48 PM

I think my favorite is the one I just finished a couple of days ago and just posted on here tonight. It was just fun to do.

Aloha

2CuteCats 09-30-2010 07:44 PM

subbing because it is fun to see your creations!

havonfamily 09-30-2010 08:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I really enjoyed making these three, and they're all my favorite! :)

lisha_1988 09-30-2010 08:46 PM

Loving all of your creations!!!

My fav project I have done this month is the Kaiser Family Tree... Well its almost done... except Im waiting on two pictures to be given to me!!! Then all done!

JoBear2 10-01-2010 04:28 AM

Fun thread - it's great to see everyone's different creations!

My fav thing for September was a birthday card with Popcorn the bear holding a huge bunch of sunflowers. I made it especially for my Godfather's partner who LOVES bright colours. Lots of colouring, but I was proud of how it turned out and seem to be coming to grips with my Prismacolor pencil colouring (still a long way to go though!). Here it is: Sunflowers for your birthday

TIA for having a looky :D

KathiR 10-01-2010 01:51 PM

Here's my favorite:
Sunset

I still have it up in my craftroom and don't want to give it away. It's one of those rare ones that came out the way I had it pictured in "my mind's eye".

hollylogic 10-02-2010 07:52 AM

What a neat variety of creations--thanks to everyone who's shared this month!

Emilia 10-02-2010 10:08 PM

My favorite Sept. creations:

TWO CALENDAR PAGES:

Emilia's Italian Inspirations: October calendar page

Emilia's Italian Inspirations: KITCHEN SINK STAMPS CHALLENGE: autumn calendar

DOGWOOD FLOWER CARD
Emilia's Italian Inspirations: Light blue Dogwood

catstamp 10-02-2010 10:43 PM

My faves were these veggie magnets and acetate boxes - first time using copics and making magnets for the first one and love making boxes for the second. Another reason they are my faves is because they both came out pretty much how I'd been designing them in my head, which made me super happy.

veggie magnets

confetti boxes

catstamp 10-02-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havonfamily (Post 17383755)
I really enjoyed making these three, and they're all my favorite! :)

These are all so pretty...great job!

Misstreez 10-03-2010 01:40 AM

I got to reflecting about all the paper crafting things I've done for September, and I'm amazed at all I've done and been involved in.

My SU! friend hosted her very first fundraiser and I was pleased to have helped and supported her with projects, supplies and raffles, as well as being a project helper on the day.

My special project would have to be THIS CARD. I was asked to make it for my boyfiends boss, who had just lost his mother. While I had not met the mother, I aimed for a card that would appeal to her. The son (the boss) told me his mother would have liked this card, as she was 'into that sort of thing'. That was nice of him to say.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

catstamp 10-03-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misstreez (Post 17391499)
I got to reflecting about all the paper crafting things I've done for September, and I'm amazed at all I've done and been involved in.

My SU! friend hosted her very first fundraiser and I was pleased to have helped and supported her with projects, supplies and raffles, as well as being a project helper on the day.

My special project would have to be THIS CARD. I was asked to make it for my boyfiends boss, who had just lost his mother. While I had not met the mother, I aimed for a card that would appeal to her. The son (the boss) told me his mother would have liked this card, as she was 'into that sort of thing'. That was nice of him to say.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Beautiful card:) tfs

havonfamily 10-03-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catstamp (Post 17391451)
These are all so pretty...great job!

Thank you, you make great stuff as well! I checked your Gallery! Nice work!! :)

putri 10-04-2010 12:46 AM

I think this was my favorite Sept. project: M’s First Day : Savitri Wilder, this is my life

Joan B 10-04-2010 04:25 AM

what a great thread. This card is at least in the top 2 of my September creations. I labored for a long time and then pop! this idea came in my head and the card took a few minutes to make!

kinglake 10-04-2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catstamp (Post 17391447)
My faves were these veggie magnets and acetate boxes - first time using copics and making magnets for the first one and love making boxes for the second. Another reason they are my faves is because they both came out pretty much how I'd been designing them in my head, which made me super happy.

veggie magnets

confetti boxes

wow your magnets are absolutely gorgeous!!! xx jo xx

catstamp 10-05-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havonfamily (Post 17392151)
Thank you, you make great stuff as well! I checked your Gallery! Nice work!! :)

Thank you:)

catstamp 10-05-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinglake (Post 17395040)
wow your magnets are absolutely gorgeous!!! xx jo xx

Thanks, I had a lot of fun making those:D

catstamp 10-05-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putri (Post 17394685)
I think this was my favorite Sept. project: M�s First Day : Savitri Wilder, this is my life

That is a cool card...love how it all came together:)

putri 10-06-2010 06:37 AM

Thanks, Cat :)

SuG 10-06-2010 09:10 AM

this wedding gift I made for friends. I love it so much I am going to make me one ;)
Kollar Name Frame by SuG - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jactop 10-06-2010 09:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't usually like to make more than one of anything but these two projects I plan to make more of. One I will be handing out for Halloween and the other will be my Christmas card this year.

Great thread BTW. I'm enjoying checking out all the links.

sami02usc 10-06-2010 09:26 AM

Wow this is all so breath taking thank you everyone for sharing.

mouseprints 10-06-2010 12:34 PM

The first thing that comes to mind is a frame I did. I made it to sell at a craft sale, but I'm secretly hoping it doesn't sell, so I can keep it!!!

Skip the Turkey Frame by mouseprints - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

SuG 10-06-2010 02:24 PM

Jackie, is that a treat bag made with the waffle paper? Itis awesome

lhs43 10-06-2010 04:10 PM

I had fun making Halloween giftcards! Here's a link:stamping up north: Halloween Gift Card Holder