Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2004, 04:19 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Wheel questions!

I was never very interested in wheels until I got my Starter Kit. I got Whirly Twirly and I used it w/ the Ballet Blue cartridge to make post-it noteholders and everyone at my workshop loved them! I bought the Poinsettia jumbo wheel and a jumbo burgandy ink cartridge. So far those are my only wheels.

Do you use your wheels a lot? Which ones are the most versatile, in your opinion! I love the holly leaves one in the Mini Catalog, but I'm a demo and wouldn't be able to demo it for long - plus it's Christmas.

So what are your recommendations for wheels? Which colors of cartridges do you think are most essential?

Does anyone just ink up their wheels on an inkpad? My upline did this the other night and while you have to keep re-inking it, it's do-able.

I bought an empty cartridge from SU and a Versamark refill and hope to use that on my wheels. After reading about that here on SCS, I'm storing the Versamark'ed cartridge in a small ziploc bag.

Ideas, anyone?

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 04:39 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are enjoying the wheels. They are great.

I think the most versatile is "Hot to Dot". When I need a multi-colored background, I just wheel the dots in two different colors. It looks terrifc. It matches nicely with all the circle sets, but you can also use it behind just about any set.

I've slowly collected colors as I need them. I love red, brocade blue, and creamy caramel (love the 3 together too). I think colors just depend upon your likes.

I keep mine in a stamp box and I put labels on the top of each stating the color. The wheels I keep on a peg board--works great.

Yes, you can use them on ink pads, but I don't really like doing that.

As a new demo, I'd recommend that you limit mini-catalog purchases to things you "love and gotta have". Buy the stuff you can demo all year.

Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 04:50 AM   #3  
Abbe-licious

I have Busy Bees and double line stitched plaid. That one is very versatile, I use it on a lot of my cards. I personally don't like the ink cartridges unless I am making something long. To me they are just an added expense. I have other things I'd like to spend my money on. :lol:
I do want to get the hot to dot wheel also, looks like you could also use that on a lot of cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:00 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I am not too into my wheels. At least the regular size ones. I do have Hot to Dot and could see how it would be quite versatile. I guess I have just not taken the time to play with it. Also have Gifts Galore wheel, depending on how you color the gifts in it can be for any occassion.

I just got the Jumbo handle and Wash Day and the Farmyard wheel. LOVE THEM! Maybe it is that there is alot less room for rocking the jumbo wheels and for whatever reason I can wheel it straighter. The jumbo's are so large that if you like a set (like the farm set) but not sure how much you would use the $20 set, the wheel is pretty darn close and you get it for much cheaper. Great for borders in scrapbooks too. Just wish they would come up with a set that matches the style of the washday wheel. TOOOO cute for baby showers, gifts, etc.

Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 05:15 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

#1 is the double line stitched plaid it's a must for me, very versatile, you may use more than one color in different directions and it looks great. I love it. #2 is the hot to dot, cute in multiple color and directions.#3 Whimsical blossoms is nice too and of course the twirly swirly. I have other wheels but these are the ones I use the most and sell the most as every time I demo them I sell a bunch

I love to stamp, what a stress reliever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:02 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I love my wheels

I have quite a few - I just got Whirly Twirly about a month and a half ago and I love it.

I like the background type ones that you can use to give the background an added umph...

Delicate Design
Swirls
Snowflakes
hot to dot

I also have the present wheel and the ornament wheel that I have used to make cards.

I also bought an empty cartridge and versamark refill and it has worked great - you do need to ink it up at least a day before you plan to use it the first time so the versamark has time to soak into the pad.

You can run the cartridge accross an ink pad if you are doing small areas such as a card but if you are going to be doing larger areas - like gift bags, wrapping paper, boxes it would be better to have a cartridge
Reply With Quote Likes