Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   All Male Teachers! Yikes I need Help! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/all-male-teachers-yikes-i-need-help-181200/)

dogtiredwoof 09-07-2006 06:17 AM

All Male Teachers! Yikes I need Help!

:confused: ok I spent all summer getting ahead of the game by making all my kids teachers gifts for christmas. Beautiful OSW all flowery and pretty, made a gazillion cards with a package of SS Inful Bloom. Now three out of my four kids got male teachers and I just can't give them these girly cards! I know I COULD still give them, but I don't want to. The nice thing about making them is that you can make some what personalized. So now to make a set of manly thank you cards! I am working on one set using Words by Wilsons "Many Tanks", but I need more then just that. Anyones have any ideas for some manly OSW???

javajunkie 09-07-2006 06:58 AM

I don't know of too many men that send cards. Are the teachers married? Their wives would love to get them! You could also make some note cards for the teachers to send home to parents--or would that seem rude?

Good luck!

amysings 09-07-2006 07:03 AM

Artifacts is nice for this. Or It's about time.

Or the At Home Simply Scrappin Kit. Hmmm. Now you have me thinking. :-)

stampT 09-07-2006 07:04 AM

Do you have Lovely as a Tree? That would make some nice cards.

Print Patter & Canvas together make a neat background to almost anything. Maybe just stamp the word Thanks or another sentiments all over it.

On the Spot, Seeing Spots -- in Rich Regal colors....

Those are just some thoughts.

tiggerificandi 09-07-2006 07:14 AM

I use the more abstract circles/square stamp sets for male cards, and make a monogram when I do gifts. Make a set of monogram cards. For my hubby He prefers to give postcards, so I decorate around the edges and do a monogram. Also a set of thank you cards can be nice. Matching pens are good for guys with their name on them. I also use a tool background a lot of times. I am done rambling ... one more ... patriotic theme?

ajcmeyer 09-07-2006 07:58 AM

Most men teachers are big coffee drinkers. So you could use espresso yourself. My son has had really good experiences with men teachers. Let me give you some examples of gifts I have given them over the years that they appreciated.

Coffee gift basket
Picture w/ my son and teacher inside of card and a big thank you
Clipboard
Books for the classroom
Knex (we had a teacher that used these a lot in his classroom)
Silly Putty
Tabasco sauce

The last three items are all items my son noticed the teachers liked and so we got them for them. I think you are right personalized is best so just pay attention to them and what they like. You would be surprised if you ask your child what you think their teacher would like how right on they are. One year I was going to give my son's teacher a nice stationary gift pack and he told me no mom I want to get my teacher -get this- this remote controlled pig we found at Walmart for $5. I looked at him and said I don't know. But I thought well we will throw it in. I was there for the Christmas party and when I walked up to the teacher's desk with him to give her the gift she had pigs all over her desk. So he was right! She opened it and just laughed so loud and LOVED it!

Lori Lynn Washburn 09-07-2006 10:09 AM

My husband teaches 4th grade and gets lots of candy~ which is always appreciated. Maybe you could do a cute topper or something. I make him cards/postcards with school themes and he sends them out to encourage kids. Also, he sends birthday cards so uses my floral ones for the girls. I must say he also gets "girly" things~ like lotion and candles which I always get to enjoy:) Thanks for appreciating your teachers!!

dogtiredwoof 09-07-2006 06:44 PM

Wow great ideas guys! I knew I could count on you all! The coffee one is a great idea. The sets I did make (the girly ones) were a set of thank you notes. I just thought teachers could use thank you notes to use for all the other gifts they get, or for helper parents and such. I know the one teacher is into garfield, and since he taught at that school and has loved garfield since I went there, I think he is all garfield out! I will have to put the feelers out as to what they like. Two of them are not married, so I would hate to give them something that they won't use. Ooooh I like that other idea too, the one with the monagrams and the geometric shapes.....just wish I owned some, didn't realize just how "girly" I am! With all these great ideas I say BRING ON THE MANTEACHERS, I am ready ya!

JulieHRR 09-07-2006 07:58 PM

Hey, yeah! I think any teacher would appreciate having birthday cards they could use to give to their students, so they'd have something very special, but, wouldn't have to shop for them, UKWIM?

If you have cute kid-related or birthday stamps, that would be very fun! And, you could include a book of stamps, too, if you wanted, altho I suspect most teachers would hand them out personally to their students--that's part of the fun.

I know I would have appreciated that when I was a teacher . . .

And, anything monogrammed would also have just been delightful and useful as well!

babyboxermom 09-07-2006 07:58 PM

Edgy Eloquence from the summer mini had some great quotes for teachers!

"Potential means you haven't done it yet."

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Laurie FW 09-07-2006 09:00 PM

I gave my son's school counselor a set of cards and a pen and he loved them! He is also my son's scout master, so I used the wolf set (my son was in wolf scouts at the time), a camping set, fall foliage, and the fly fishing set to make several cards. He has a teenage girl, so I made some cards for him to give her, too and he told me he absolutely loved them!

For my children's other male teachers I gave them stamped microwave or even the Jiffy pop popcorn (search the gallery) with a movie certificate, they never said anything but they are really young! Other people I know really liked this gift, though!

nmslmomto3 09-08-2006 03:42 AM

Last year at the end of the year I made totes for all the teachers, we had two male teachers, so I used Lovely As A Tree for their cards. I thought they turned out great. Most of the ideas were case'd off of here.
Male Cards

Here you can see the totes I put them into:
Filled Totes

I figured at the end of the year they all needed thank you cards to give out. These worked out great and every one really loved getting them.

dogtiredwoof 09-08-2006 06:05 AM

oh that tote is cute, is the handle black card stock?
Birthday cards, great idea, I can do that, some girly ones some boyy (doesn't work the same to add a y???) Now I just need more hours in the day!

KvilleGirl 09-08-2006 01:18 PM

What about sports? Find out what he is in to. My son's male teacher loved golf and the Dallas Cowboys so anything involving them he loved. I made personalized notepads last year that said Those who reach, touch the stars at the top and A note from Mr. Roozeboom at the bottom. I didn't stamp them, but I saw that phrase once and thought it was inspirational for a teacher.

nmslmomto3 09-08-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogtiredwoof
oh that tote is cute, is the handle black card stock?
Birthday cards, great idea, I can do that, some girly ones some boyy (doesn't work the same to add a y???) Now I just need more hours in the day!

yes, you need 4 strips of paper, 1/2 inch by 11 inches. Two of these become the handles, the other two are cut to the length of 4-1/4 inches and make the strip go all the way down the front of the bag. I put these strips over the handle part, Sherri put her handle over the strips, either way works. Just use good strong sturdy glue. I used Mono Multi on all the bags and it worked out GREAT!