Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Aleen's tack it over and over in Boise? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/aleens-tack-over-over-boise-489517/)

IdahoLee 04-29-2010 06:01 PM

Aleen's tack it over and over in Boise?

Went to a WONDERFUL Michelle Zindorf workshop last weekend, and now I'm on the hunt for Aleen's tack it over and over in the Boise Idaho area. Not at Michael's, not at Hobby Lobby, not at Craft Warehouse, not at Joann's. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some of this magic stuff? I think I might actually be ready to start unmounting, if I can find the glue!

Thanks!

Sandra Stamper 04-29-2010 06:13 PM

i have been looking all over Ohio for it. why don't these stores stock something that would be so profitable for them? anyone have a source for it? Thanks.

IdahoLee 04-29-2010 06:18 PM

i googled it and it appears you can order it from michael's on line. i just want it NOW NOW NOW, lol, so i was hoping some of the gals from my neck of the woods would dial me in.....

I'm Hooked 04-29-2010 06:22 PM

I do live in Alberta, but I can purchase it right off the shelf at Michael's. I don't see why your Michael's doesn't stock it on their shelves?? I make all my own mini glue dots with it and they work wonderfully. And 1/1000 of the price of purchasing glue dots.

IdahoLee 04-29-2010 06:24 PM

I don't know why either, darn it, but they don't! I wonder if a LSS would carry it? You'd think if a store sold both the acrylic blocks, and the unmounted rubber stamps, they'd carry the glue, wouldn't ya!

peebsmama 04-30-2010 02:58 AM

My local AC Moore and Joann's sell it, but not in the scrapbooking/stamping aisle. At AC Moore it's in the woodcraft aisle. At Joann's it's in the general craft/adhesives aisle. Ask a store clerk next time you are at one of those stores where they sell the glues.

SuG 04-30-2010 03:44 AM

tombow mono multi works just the same. SU sells it but I am sure it would be in a store.

I couldn't find ATIOAO anywhere either.

armadillo 04-30-2010 04:46 AM

Have you asked an employee where they might be keeping it? I would think all Michaels and Joannes would carry.

stamp2u 04-30-2010 04:57 AM

I have never been able to find it either. BUT I did find Plaid's Royal Coat Repositionable Paper Adhesive. I've used it on my unmounted stamps and it is WONDERFUL. I got it at Michaels for about $5 for an 8oz bottle. I don't know if you can make glue dots with it or not. That wasn't what I bought it for. I use a 1" foam brush to brush a coat on the back of my unmounted rubber, let it dry and presto - tacky rubber that will cling to acrylic blocks.

dmaggt 04-30-2010 05:04 AM

I looked all over southern Ohio and the stores do not stock it, because I asked. I finally ordered two bottles online. Will probably have to get more online also.

Zoie 04-30-2010 06:27 AM

I bought mine at Michaels. Love it.

lhansendesign 04-30-2010 05:13 PM

Confused in Idaho

Ok I live in Idaho also, in the Caldwell/Nampa area and I have seen this in the Nampa Joann's in the past. I am heading to them and Michaels this evening in about five minutes so I will look for it. If I find it do you want me to have them hold it for you?

LH

kphorse 04-30-2010 05:22 PM

Usually Mike's has it, over in the craft paint section...

Also I have found it at several ACE Hardware stores, Ben Franklin and Hancock's Fabric from time to time...Green and White bottle...

lhansendesign 04-30-2010 06:27 PM

Found It!

Ok I put one on hold at the Nampa Michaels. Its under the name Laurie. They put it in the first bin on the top on the right handside at the register closes to the door.

LH

LindaF409 05-01-2010 08:41 PM

I bought mine at Michael's but it was in the glue section, not the papercraft section. I use it to make my own glue dots and love it. Just reuse the wax paper rolls that your glue dots come on. Roll it up after putting dots on it and let it dry rolled up.

IdahoLee 05-10-2010 10:16 AM

I have not been able to make it out to Nampa yet, hosting a big graduation party at my house this weekend, hublets kids both graduating from BSU this weekend, with honors, I might add! (go Jacqueline and Nathan! whooo hoooo) HOWEVER, I got a phone call from the manager at Craft Warehouse this morning, and he's going to order it, and start stocking it. How cool is THAT!!!

stigmom6 05-10-2010 10:25 AM

At both of my J's and M's. It is located in the glue section, where you find Modge Podge, super glue, and E6000. HTH!

IdahoLee 05-10-2010 10:27 AM

yep, some Joann's and Michael's carry it, and some don't. In any section. Boise happens to be in the "don't" category.

stampertammy 05-10-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra Stamper (Post 16604401)
i have been looking all over Ohio for it. why don't these stores stock something that would be so profitable for them? anyone have a source for it? Thanks.

Hello? You didn't look everywhere! I have it in stock at Toyrifix in Smithville! :)

lhansendesign 05-11-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

yep, some Joann's and Michael's carry it, and some don't. In any section. Boise happens to be in the "don't" category.
Ah the joys of living in backwards Idaho. Isnt it weird that the state capital's stores dont carry something like this but the ones that are located in Nampa do.

LH