Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   adhesive troubles (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/adhesive-troubles-138110/)

Runamok 04-17-2006 02:52 PM

adhesive troubles

I have tried so many different kinds of adhesive and none seem to work for long. I store my projects in a nice dry place, but after a few months or sometimes only days depending on the product, the cardstock pieces start to come un-stuck. I have tried SU's SNAIL, Scotch double stick tape made for scrapbooks, Herma (which worked but was annoying with big squares of adhesive) and oher brands that I cant remember or look up because I threw them into the garbage. Does anyone have any ideas or am I just doomed to have all my projects fall apart? What is your favorite adhesive and does it cost $25 and your firstborn child? How much sticky stuff are you using?

amysings 04-17-2006 03:05 PM

My current favorite adhesive is Tombo Mono Multi Glue. I bought it at my LSS for about $3-$3.50 (can't remember!). It really sticks! Don't use it on ribbon tho--ask me how I know. Ruined a piece of my pretty Spring Flowers paper! But it works great on papers, cardstocks, embellishments.

It is sold here, among other places

http://stores.ebay.com/sassyandsweetCRAFTS

The Tombow Mono Liquid is the white and green bottle in the Supplies section.

emilymomto3boys 04-17-2006 03:11 PM

It's freaky awesome! I love it! You can buy it by the case from penwa.com and they are 1.90 apiece.

kimber4m 04-17-2006 03:13 PM

The Tombo Mono Multi Glue is the best I have come across too. It sticks kids fingers together really well also. My son proved that to me.

Sereikastamper 04-17-2006 03:13 PM

I love Scotch Brand Quick Dry Tacky Glue...it is the best adhesive I have used yet.....and a little goes a long way....however I want to try that other stuff now!!! LOL

Runamok 04-17-2006 03:19 PM

You guys are the best! Thank you so much! I am going out first thing to get some--such a relief that its so cheap too--I've been shelling out big bucks for junk! Thank you, thank you, cant wait to try it.

julie in nj 04-17-2006 03:47 PM

I just went to penwa and there are two types of tombow multi glue - do you use the green or blue? Does the cardstock wrinkle at all from the glue?
Thanks,
julie

Novell 04-17-2006 03:58 PM

I use the green. Get it at my LSS but am running through it so fast I need to order from penwa. For my scrapbooks, I use the Creative Memories tape runner. Have never had a problem. When doing altered books and stuff, I use the Tombow green multi glue.

phunkymama 04-17-2006 04:06 PM

For cards and scrapbooking, I like the SU glue sticks. They stay stuck and don't get slimy/stringy like other glue sticks. And the square shape really does make a difference. I was skeptical at first, but now it's the adhesive I reach for 90% of the time.

trudee 04-17-2006 04:12 PM

Yep I am in love with Mono Multi, too! Just use a teeny bit, like a thread thin line of it. it's awesome!

amysings 04-17-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julie in nj
I just went to penwa and there are two types of tombow multi glue - do you use the green or blue? Does the cardstock wrinkle at all from the glue?
Thanks,
julie

You want the green--the MULTI--not the AQUA. I have not had the multi buckle the cardstock at *all*. It's awesome.

Here is the direct link to the Penwa page

ScrappinAubrey 04-18-2006 01:53 PM

I like Tacky Glue. A little goes a long way and it's CHEAP!

Carol Shafer 04-18-2006 03:24 PM

Great Adhesive!!

I use to use the mono-adhesive but had the same probem as you. After a while my cards started coming apart. I have been using "Easy-Stick Double Stick Adhesive" by Duck. It is Acid Free and permanent. I love it. You can buy them singly in Walmart or in a pack of four for $8.77. They are disposable. I haven't tried it on vellum yet but on the box it says that it "Invisible under most Vellum". Carol

kellybee 04-18-2006 03:33 PM

I posted here about 8 months ago with the same problem and was offered lots of great advice. A later thread mentioned "Crafter's Pick The Ultimate" so I decided to try it. It's awesome and I still have almost half a bottle (and I make LOTS of cards - about 1 per day). I don't recall who mentioned it but I thank them silently almost every day!

Kelly Bee

SkisInOkinawa 04-18-2006 03:45 PM

I've been using Scotch permanent glue stick. It works really well for me. And it's repositionable for just enough time to lift and re-set right away. It's cheap at only 76 cents each. Once it has dried completely, there's no way that baby is coming apart.

dtstampz 04-18-2006 03:48 PM

I've been using the Tombo Mono Multi in the green bottle, and I love it.
Tried it on the recommendation of some of these awesome stampers, and find it works great with CS & printed paper. And, it smells yummy!

Kathyc 04-18-2006 04:03 PM

I ordered a ten-pack of the Tombo Multi last night after reading this thread; I've been using a ton of Scotch double sided tape but that gets expensive! I had previously ordered 2 Tombo Mono-adhesives and both of them broke or ripped soon after I started using them! Apparently they are not the re-fillable ones since we cannot get them open to try to get them back on track! Any ideas?

TJStamper 04-20-2006 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysings
My current favorite adhesive is Tombo Mono Multi Glue. I bought it at my LSS for about $3-$3.50 (can't remember!). It really sticks! Don't use it on ribbon tho--ask me how I know. Ruined a piece of my pretty Spring Flowers paper! But it works great on papers, cardstocks, embellishments.

It is sold here, among other places

http://stores.ebay.com/sassyandsweetCRAFTS

The Tombow Mono Liquid is the white and green bottle in the Supplies section.

Thanks for this tip! I have a hard time with my mono-adhesive losing it's stickiness. I always use my super sticky strip (just a little) as "insurance" on gifts and cards because I would just die if they fell apart! I am going to try this Mono Liquid by Tombow! Hopefully the answer to all my "stickiness" issues! ha ha ...

Skittl1321 04-20-2006 08:59 AM

I recommend giving the Trio adhesive by Judikins a try. It's affordable (look at price per inch rather than per roll- there is a lot in there!).

I think my dispenser cost $15 and it has 3 rolls of adhesive (3 different widths) in there already.

jenny4wheel 04-20-2006 09:11 AM

I like the SU glue stick. Not as convenient as the mono, but it sticks!

emilymomto3boys 04-20-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
I like the SU glue stick. Not as convenient as the mono, but it sticks!

I think this must depend on your climate or something. It doesn't stick here at all. I've gotten cards in the mail from people who use it, and they came apart too. Not sure if it is a humidity thing or what.

Indy_Patti 04-21-2006 02:10 AM

Aqua?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysings
You want the green--the MULTI--not the AQUA. I have not had the multi buckle the cardstock at *all*. It's awesome.

Here is the direct link to the Penwa page

ok. So now I know I bought the wrong Tombo Liquid glue! So what should I do with my aqua?

TIA

Patti

emilymomto3boys 04-21-2006 04:03 AM

I dunno, I have one sitting here too. I guess you could put it on ebay or something.

debcst 04-21-2006 04:32 AM

Thanks so much for the suggestion and the link to Penwa. Can't wait to try it out!