Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!

Hi Newbie here :oops: I'm tring to make a baptism invitation for my son. I'm short on time and was trying to print the info on vellum and do quarter cards. What I can't figure out is how do I set MS Word so that I can print the info for 4 cards per page. I also have a srcapbooking program that can do cards, but I can't figure out how to make that one work either :oops:

Please help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 07:38 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather_M
Hi Newbie here :oops: I'm tring to make a baptism invitation for my son. I'm short on time and was trying to print the info on vellum and do quarter cards. What I can't figure out is how do I set MS Word so that I can print the info for 4 cards per page. I also have a srcapbooking program that can do cards, but I can't figure out how to make that one work either :oops:

Please help!

First, take a deep breath! It will all be ok! The ladies at SCS will help you.

I usually just rig it to do what I want. I'd set the page margins to .5 inches and set up the page to have two columns (with the line between). Then I'd draw a line on the page at the 5 inch mark (halfway down the page) so I can see when the next card is supposed to start. That should do it!

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

I just do it by eye and then print on regular paper, make sure it is aligned where I want it. If not, adjust, print again. Be sure, then print on your vellum. Remember, the ink takes a while to dry on the vellum! Be patient and don't touch it for a while or it will smear. Can you tell I've been printing on vellum this morning and made a mess. Grrrr! Try try again! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I not understand the problem but have you tried copying the "info" on the page 4 times? This would give you a sheet of four.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sianne
I not understand the problem but have you tried copying the "info" on the page 4 times? This would give you a sheet of four.
This won't work for what Heather has described. In Microsoft Word you need to set up a 2x2 table first and adjust the page margins, or set up two columns.

When I wanted to do my sister's college graduation announcements a few years ago, I formatted the text using Microsoft Publisher since desktop publishing programs are better set up for this sort of thing than word processing programs.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"

Last edited by row4d; 04-25-2005 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
This won't work for what Heather has described. In Microsoft Word you need to set up a 2x2 table first and adjust the page margins, or set up two columns.

When I wanted to do my sister's college graduation announcements a few years ago, I formatted the text using Microsoft Publisher since desktop publishing programs are better set up for this sort of thing than word processing programs.
You can also use a label maker program. I've used Printshop deluxe to print 4 "labels" or 2 at #3 & #4 to make folded cards. I also use this for printing "recipes" on the back of cardstock for swaps.

Ditto to the takes a bit to dry. Be patient and remove each sheet as it's printed; not letting them stack. I ruined a few when I stepped away from the printer! I found that out making my daughter's First Holy Communion invitations.

Good luck, they will be beautiful!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 10:19 AM   #7  
spv
Rubber Obsessor

What I like to do is cut my paper to size (four 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper)...then I go into page set up and change to a custom paper size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (or what ever size you want)...then I type my information and play with the margins to get the information to fit. This will only work if you have a printer with a slider to adjust for different paper sizes. By doing this, I do not have to try to line up the print when cutting...the cutting is done and all you have to do is run the custom size sheets through your printer. I have done this for years and have found it is the quickest way for me to print a card or invite...and I can just use my word program...with all the fonts out there you can make some really nice invitations and cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by spv
What I like to do is cut my paper to size (four 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper)...then I go into page set up and change to a custom paper size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (or what ever size you want)...then I type my information and play with the margins to get the information to fit. This will only work if you have a printer with a slider to adjust for different paper sizes. By doing this, I do not have to try to line up the print when cutting...the cutting is done and all you have to do is run the custom size sheets through your printer. I have done this for years and have found it is the quickest way for me to print a card or invite...and I can just use my word program...with all the fonts out there you can make some really nice invitations and cards.
I actually tried this last night for a project and used plain copy paper first before putting my CS through. The plain paper kept getting stuck, but the CS didn't. If you want to use vellum, this may not work the best...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have used MS Word like this:

Tools
Envelopes and Labels
Options
8387 = 4.25" x 5.5" Postcards or
8389 = 4" x 6" Postcards
landscape mode

HTH
Old 04-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! To all that responded I couldn't have done it without you!!! Now I know why I love SCS soooo much!! Such a great bunch of people on here!!!
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes