Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2004, 05:58 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP HELP HELP!

Ok right now I am really frustrated because I just spent ONE SOLID HOUR on trying to get a circle that would "hug" the sides of the clear ornament. I bought the ornaments at michael. I used my circle coluzzle and cut the 4th channel. That one moves too much. Than I used the 5th channel which ended up being way too big. I tried to trim the circle to fit. What a disaster that was. Then I went to my Fiskars. I used the 3rd circle size and that was just a little too small. The fiskar has no tab on top so it was extremely hard for me to get out. I also can't find a filler that looks right. Now I have all of these clear ornaments begging to be decorated and I CAN'T do it!!!! I know all of you wise and all knowing ladies know how to help me.

Desperate in CT,
Theresa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 06:09 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I've had the same problem, so I gave up!!! I even purchased the Coluzzle Companion (which gives a 1/8" mat), but that didn't work either. I bought my ornaments at AC Moore. My demo bought some just a little smaller at Michael's, and she has no problem! Arrgghhh!

By the way ... where in CT are you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 06:19 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't think that the acetate circle has to hug the inside of the ornament. I used the Creative Memories cutting system, and while one circle was too big, the next smaller size was too small. I was about to give up when I read the fantastic suggestion of cutting a rectangular tab at the top of your circle. This fits up inside the neck of your ornament and keeps the acetate circle somewhat in the middle of the ornament. This works for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 06:28 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I have cut the 4th channel of the circle coluzzle, but I too leave a "tab at the top. Instead of starting right at the point of the channel where I would normally, I start about 1/4" to the right. When I get back to the top, I stop cutting about 1/4" to the left so I have about a 1/2" tab. I cut the tab off so it is about 3/4" long giving me something to hang onto. Then after I put it in the ornament, I cut the tab off level with the top of the ornament. This leaves just enough tab to hold the circle in place. Does that make sense? Anyway, it works for me! Hope that helps.
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

also you can punch a small hole in the top of the circle and then put a thin silver cord through the hole. Then secure the cord to the top edge with a dap of glue, replace the gold top. It helps hold it where you want it to be...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 08:05 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the help. I am definately trying your suggestions tomorrow (with a fresh head of course!).

To answer the question where in Ct, it is Ridgefield, CT. A very nice place to live, but am discovering a very expensive place to be.

Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 09:57 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought a bunch at Joanns cause there was a sale and I had the same problem, so what I did is go around the house looking for something that had a small circular base, a cup or what I ended up using was the medium sized play pot. I traced around the bottom on the window sheet with my sharpie, cut them out, and then using rubbing alcohol to clean up the marker marks. Works perfect. Not sure if this will help but I wasn't going to give up. They were for a stamp camp, and I have extras that my kids are going to decorate. Just a thought
Blessings
Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Have you seen the ornaments using tissue paper, sculpey clear glaze and dazzling diamonds??? Email me directly and I'll send you the directions. They are another option and they're really "dazzling!"
Reply With Quote Likes