Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Question ? About Scanning cards

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me...

I have an EPSON scanner and when I put my cards in it to scan, they keep getting cut off in places once it scans. I've tried over and over to reposition my cards, but it never gets them perfectly square. My question is, is there something I'm not doing right? Any tips?

I've always just taken a photograph of them, but they turn out pretty crappy too

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Kendra
Old 07-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I don't have an epson, so I can't speak with authority for you, but am sharing my experience. I have an HP that uses its "Intelligent Scanning Technology" (an oxymoron if I ever saw one!) to do the same thing. Depending on the situation, it did all kinds of wierd things, but I was most frustrated with the cutting things off problem. First I tried using a backing sheet--it helps. And using graph paper as a backing sheet helps more. But then I discovered in the view menu the option to "view entire scanner bed". Voila!! I click on that, and I get the whole bed back. Sometimes it maintains some of the rotation, and I still use a backing sheet when scanning anything smaller than a full sheet of paper.

You might check to see if you have that option, or something similar in your scanning software.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have an Epson that scans the full page. We have it set to scan a preview (fast, not a perfect scan) then we can crop only the card or other image and scan it again for the real scan, this way you don't get any of the area outside the image. You might just need to play with the settings to see what works. I like the preview feature because its quick and you can see if you have the card totally crooked on the scanner bed and fix it before bothering to take the whole high quality scan. OUrs is an Epson CX7800 if that helps you out any.

Good luck!

My Blog: Did You Stamp Today? | Fab Friday Challenge Blog
Old 07-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

I have a Canon, so I don't know if this would apply to you Epson, or not.
When I click on the scanner, a window comes up, basically what program you want it to use to open the picture. There are 8 or 9 options, but I always choose the wizard. I think that's from Microsoft, but I'm not sure. It is just something I didn't install on my own, that is on my computer.
Once I click on that, there is a button that says preview. I click on that. Then there is a button that when I slide my mouse over it, it says something like "enlarge to fill entire screen". I click on that, then save it to my pictures.
If it is sideways, or whatever, I can rotate it once I go to my pictures. (I never figured out how to rotate with the wizard.) Anyway, this works nicely for me.
Good luck!
Old 07-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I have an Epson that likes to do that too! I just try again (and again, sometimes) and that usually takes care of it. It seems like the lighter-colored cards tend to do this more. I like that idea of putting a dark "background" piece behind it--I'll have to give that a try.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2006, 07:18 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for your help! I'm going to try all the suggestions until I find one that works! I do really like the idea of graph paper though, then I could just attach the card and put it on the scanner and it would be done. Just crop in photo editor and be done!

You gals are awesome! Thanks!