Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ? about the buy/sale/trade forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/about-buy-sale-trade-forum-61392/)

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 05:18 AM

? about the buy/sale/trade forum

hello everyone,

As you can tell I am new at this site. I am interested in buying some stamps from the classified forum. Has anyone had any problems with this? I will admit I am nervous sending money to someone I don't know before I get the goods. Please let me know your experiences with this.
Thanks so much!
Elizabeth :)

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 05:24 AM

Hello? anyone?

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 05:39 AM

Question about this forum

Hello everyone!
I am new to this site and would like your input. Please tell me your experiences using this. Have you had any problems with not getting your stamps after sending in your money? I will be honest, I am a little nervous about this. Please tell me your opinion.
Thanks,

Soni B 06-21-2005 05:56 AM

Buy seel trade forum

I have purchased and I have traded from that forum, and I have not had a problem...most people on here are great to deal with... if it is something you REALLY want do not wait too long...it will be gone...usually a better price here than you would find on Ebay... hope things work for you...

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 06:01 AM

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I was feeling kind of lonely since all the others were getting replies and not me. :)

lynn parziale 06-21-2005 06:04 AM

experience

i have been doing it a year and have not got stung yet.

Qbee 06-21-2005 06:08 AM

I have bought and traded on the BST forum and I haven't had a problem yet. I usually check to see how many posts that person has. If this is their first post and I'm sending them money I might be more reluctant than someone who has posted in the forums and the gallery. When I'm sending a stamp set to someone I use priority shipping with delivery confirmation, so that there is a record that I sent the item and when I'm sendinga payment I use money orders. I've had some great transactions this way.

Take care, Brenda

bemidjibelle 06-21-2005 06:39 AM

Hi, Elizabeth,
Welcome to this wonderful site!!!!! I say go for it! I have bought and sold quite a few things and no problems! I have found people to be very prompt and good about carrying through with the deals. And by the way, I have been able to get some retired stamps that I was really wanting. Best of luck!

Sue

genie1314 06-21-2005 06:40 AM

Good Experiences

I have bought a couple things from the buy/trade/sell forum and have not had a problem. I would like to think that we are the stamping family here and we are not out to get one another. I would suggest purchasing the insurance on the package...just in case, and if you were to ever have a problem, tell a moderator so it can be taken care of at a higher level.

Sairabee 06-21-2005 06:44 AM

I have bought, sold, and traded on there and I have never had a problem. If you are concerned, I don't think it would be unreasonable to pass your concerns on to whomever you are dealing with. I mean, if you tell her it's your first transaction and let her know that you are nervous about it. If someone told me that, I would be sure to have excellent communication and mail super fast, etc.

mightymouse 06-21-2005 06:47 AM

I have done buying, trading and selling on the forum and never had any trouble. Everyone I have dealt with has been reliable and easy to work with. I would check to see how many posts a person has before buying because I saw where someone didn't get their stamps and it was from someone who only had 3 posts. I will be happy to answer any other questions you have just pm me.

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 07:00 AM

Thanks

Thanks everyone,
You have made me feel better! I hope you all have a great day!

stamper1996 06-21-2005 07:06 AM

I've bought, traded, and sold and everyone was great to deal with. I had one person who was s-l-o-w in sending me a check, but I did finally receive it and then things were fine. I've found it great (and exciting) because you know everyone is into stamps, so they understand!

crystal.nixon 06-21-2005 09:29 AM

I've also bought and traded with absolutely NO problems. Everyone was prompt and great to deal with.

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 09:34 AM

Hey Thanks for the reply. I am also from NC not far from you. Burlington. Its a small world!
Elizabeth

Badger_Hockey 06-21-2005 10:04 AM

I've done some buying on the site and haven't had any problems. One thing you could do is use Paypal. They guarantee the money - so if you buy something from someone and they don't send the item, you can file a dispute with Paypal and they will work with the seller to either get you your money back or send the item. I've never had to do that with an SCS seller - but I did with an ebay seller. I got my money back after a few weeks, but I was glad to get it back at all. Good luck!

Laurie FW 06-21-2005 11:45 AM

Welcome to SCS, Elizabeth!
I have been a member of this website for almost 2 years and have bought or traded or sold so many different stamp sets and accessories that I couldn't even begin to estimate how many! I have had great luck in all of them, everyone is so nice here! I have had two transactions go really slow, but I did eventually get what I had traded for. Good luck! I had one newbie ask me for my phone number because she was nervous, and she and I talked on the phone before we made our trade and it made her feel better. Welcome again!:)
Laurie

newstampinggirl 06-21-2005 12:16 PM

Thanks Laurie! :D

row4d 06-21-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newstampinggirl
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I was feeling kind of lonely since all the others were getting replies and not me. :)

Just be a bit more patient, hon! Your first three posts to this thread were all in the span of an hour. :p

FriendlyKat 06-21-2005 01:35 PM

I am new here and have never bought off of this site before.. But I have bought from a lot of people the internet and have never had a problem before.. try it once if you get burned, stop. That's what I tell myself. :)

serialstamper 06-21-2005 06:15 PM

You are a thread killer! You killed your own thread without even trying...wow
Seriously, I have been trading like crazy and haven't had any probs at all. Everyone has been honest and upfront, so I say go for it.