Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   8x8 Scrapbooking... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/8x8-scrapbooking-64141/)

emilymomto3boys 06-28-2005 08:05 PM

8x8 Scrapbooking...

Does anyone here scrap 8x8?? I was doing 8.5x11 and since they discontinued the albums I like, I was contemplating a switch to 8x8. I think this will broaden my choices of albums. I know SU doesn't do 8x8, but there are more choices out there in 8x8 than 8.5x11. So where do you get your 8x8 albums?? I will only do post bound. I have seen some I like. Would prefer leather.

kmjenkyns 06-28-2005 08:45 PM

I love the 8x8 albums. I originally was using 12x12s, (and still do for general stuff) but always felt that I was never "done". I do 8x8's of specific events or people, then I have a sense of accomplishment in finally finishing. I have 2 in my gallery if you want to "get a feel" for proportions, I usually use 4x6 photos, but every now and then 3x5.

CardFanatic 06-28-2005 08:55 PM

Wow! I didn't know there were 8x8 albums. I guess my head has been in the sand. I have two 7x7 Creative Memories albums that I've never used (but I HAD to have LOL!)

LSN 06-28-2005 08:57 PM

The one 8x8 album that I have done was a father's day gift album last year. It went really quick and easy. I want to say it was called "The Perfect Scrapbook" by colorbok. I can't remember if they offered leather but I know that they have a wide variety of colors in the fabric choice.

By the way...lovin you in your glasses! If I looked as cute in glasses as you do, I would probably wear my glasses more often. Regardless, I hope that everything checks out well with your eyes!

Linda

cardsbyanita 06-28-2005 09:31 PM

I bought my MIL an 8x8 for Mother's Day and will now make her pages as gifts to fill it up. I am really liking the size (I'm generally a 12x12 gal who has done one 8.5x11 album.). Not sure where to get leather 8x8 - sorry.

Anita

Vee 06-28-2005 09:33 PM

CTMH 9 x 9

Close to My Heart has 9 x 9 which I love. They even have pre printed paper packs for them. They market them to kids and young people, but I love the size myself. I wish SU! would have expanded their albums instead of reducing the choices.

MonTigg 06-28-2005 11:29 PM

I love 8x8. I use them for occasion albums... like I have one with all my daycare kids, and I have one that I used for wedding planning and pre-wedding stuff like batch party etc!

senovia 06-28-2005 11:45 PM

Check these out. Let me know if you are interested.

They are suede. I love them.

http://www.memory-works.com/catalog/...hp?cPath=29_78

Nicky H

Stacey D 06-29-2005 01:58 AM

Colorbok are nice

They have a wide variety. I just bought my first one, and I haven't started it yet, so I can't help you there. I was soo hoping we (SU) would be expanding our scrapbook offerings. I think this is a great size - & judging by the response to our 6x6 - I think these would be very popular.

mholles 06-29-2005 02:16 AM

I've done 2 8x8 books now. I too was a 8 1/2x11 scrapper. The square size is much more pleasing to work in, but 6x6 is too small. I only have one of my books in an album which I picked up at Target. I still need to get an album for the second book, so I'll be watching the replies here.

Melanie in NC

scrown8301 06-29-2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Wow! I didn't know there were 8x8 albums.

I'm right there with ya! I didn't know there was 8x8 either. I love scraping in 6x6 though.

emilymomto3boys 06-29-2005 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senovia
Check these out. Let me know if you are interested.

They are suede. I love them.

http://www.memory-works.com/catalog/...hp?cPath=29_78

Nicky H

Oh yes! MamaK and I saw these at Recollections last night. I liked them! I wondered how the suede held up though. THey are very pretty!

mamakimberly 06-29-2005 04:24 AM

and the chatterbox DOES come in PINK!!! :) :) I prefer a leather vs suede, but could settle... but then I hate to "settle" at all!

Soni B 06-29-2005 06:18 AM

8 x 8 albums

Hobby Lobby has several and 50 % off this week ...I think, check first and if you have Jeffrey Allens...
also any scrapbooking store...the Perfrct album comes in 8 x 8 also many others...I have seen in leather and material... I am wanting to try one but usually do 12 x12 so I am not sure of it...but I do have pics of the TEA PARTY we had for my grandaughters and their friens...this mioght be just the reason to give it a try and pink or lavender would be perfect...
hmmmm where did I say I was not going today???Since I do not have a new catalogue to look at..I might as well...so what if it is going to 100 degrees today....byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rbheath 06-29-2005 06:24 AM

I bought several 8x8 albums to use as grandparent gifts with a new arrival coming in August. I'm starting the page layouts now and will put the pictures in after they get developed. I bought them at JoAnn's on sale - around Memorial Day with their big sale. They are not leather, but you might check and see if they have leather. 6x6 is such an impractical size, IMO, and I generally use 8.5x11 or 12x12.

Check it out - JoAnn's has a big sale this weekend too! HTH

Cat 06-29-2005 07:27 AM

Last time I was at Joann's it looked like all they had were 8x8 and 12x12 albums! They had a wide variety, but I can't remember what brands.