Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   3D14 - Terrific Triangles Card (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/3d14-terrific-triangles-card-89599/)

showmestamper 09-29-2005 06:44 AM

3D14 - Terrific Triangles Card

For 3D14, the project is Terrific Triangles Card.

Here is my example:
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=11007

You can find complete directions here:
http://www.debduzscrappin.com/tutorials/triangle.htm
There are other total WOW projects on this site too!!

I started with squares that were 4 1/4" rather than 6". Mostly because I don't have any 12x12 cardstock! LOL! If you start with SU! 12x12 paper, remember that it is NOT exactly 12x12!

Some of you may know that Michelle (boulderstamper) started the 3D challenges, but had to step down due to other obligations. I would like to thank her for starting this type of challenge, and I am thrilled with the opportunity to continue them!

If YOU have any suggestions for future 3D challenges, please let me know! If there are templates out there that you would think would be cool to try but just haven't yet....perfect! Let me know!

When you upload, please put 3D14 in the keyword section when you upload, and then post a link to your card here in this thread.

If you need help uploading or posting a link to this thread, check out this link:
http://forums.splitcoaststampers.co...ead.php?t=39488

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us STAMPIN' !!

stampinali 10-02-2005 04:14 PM

Wow - sooooo cool!! Too bad my life has gotten completely out of control, and I only have time to check splitcoast for the latest challenges...but I have no time to actually DO them! I will put this one at the front of my file, though... maybe I can wow some of my stamping students with this sometime!

Thanks for picking up the torch!
Caroline

showmestamper 10-03-2005 05:51 AM

Thanks, Caroline! This is one of those WOW projects....it looks complicated but it really isn't.

So...is anyone going to give it a try??? :)

Ruth Gray 10-03-2005 07:26 AM

Please, Please don't quit this challenge. I absolutely looove 3D. I have no digi or scanner so can't upload. I also just moved and am still trying to get my stamproom unpacked.

Hugs

Ruthy

Bagpuss 10-05-2005 01:16 PM

What a great project! I haven't time to do the challenge this week, but have saved your card to my favourites to try in the future!

thanks
Helen

tashast 10-07-2005 12:59 PM

I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend. Looks like it can be a pretty fun card!

debbiedee 10-07-2005 02:02 PM

Does a paper bag card count as 3-D? The are lots of fun to make. Also for 3-D challenges you could choose any of the boxes that SU! carries.
Debbiedee

CherylPenner 10-09-2005 03:00 PM

This is tooo cute! I'm gonna try one tonight!
Cheryl

lindalee 10-14-2005 01:21 PM

I have managed to make a really ugly triangle mock-up with flourescent green cardstock--it's not really that hard! Now that I know I can make the base, I'll cut another one and try stamping on it. Thanks Beth!

showmestamper 10-20-2005 10:49 AM

ok, who is going to make one??? :D :D :D

Qbee 10-24-2005 12:33 PM

Beth,

This is such a COOL challenge!! I just made a protype and I will post a picture of my final design when I have it made!!

Take care, Brenda

craftmut 10-24-2005 12:40 PM

great challenge

When I get my head together again I will try it.

Qbee 10-24-2005 05:44 PM

I will have to post my design later this week as I just realized that my hubby took the digital camera with him on his business trip. Doesn't he realize that I need it here at home for those important 3D card pictures where the scanner just doesn't cut it? :) Beth, just don't give up on us yet!! It's just a busy time of year!!

Take care, Brenda

showmestamper 10-24-2005 06:52 PM

Thanks, Brenda! I haven't given up on the 3D challenges yet! I can't wait to see your card....they are cool, aren't they? :)

Qbee 11-05-2005 02:52 PM

Christmas Triangles Card

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished my triangles card and I thought I would post my sample here. This is a really cool card for any of you who are contemplating this challenge. Thanks Beth for inspiring us with this one.

Take care, Brenda

showmestamper 11-06-2005 06:29 AM

Brenda, this is just precious!!! love it, love it, love it! :)

stampinsweeney 01-16-2006 11:36 AM

I'm working on one! I just did a trial run. Do you have any tips for scoring the diagonals straighter for crisper lines? I have been trying to use a ruler and a scoring-bug.

showmestamper 01-16-2006 01:28 PM

I used the scoring blade on my SU!/Fiskers Cutter.

What's a scoring bug?? :)

stampinsweeney 01-16-2006 05:56 PM

EK Success has little portable perforators, scoring blades, and cutting blades that are in little ladybugs. They are retractable and can be used with the aid of a ruler as a straightedge.

I'M DONE!!!! It took quite awhile, but now it is in my gallery. (Most likely pending approval.) Sorry, the photos do not to it justice. I scanned the front, but the pics of the inside are really disappointing.

stampinsweeney 01-16-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qbee
I finally finished my triangles card and I thought I would post my sample here. This is a really cool card for any of you who are contemplating this challenge. Thanks Beth for inspiring us with this one.

Take care, Brenda

Love your card! It takes a lot of work!

Stampin Gerri 01-18-2006 09:40 AM

Beth
I tryed it with scrap paper here at work, I can't wait to get home tonight to do one for good. I wish that I had a camera to upload with, oh well some day.
Thanks for the inspiration.
I love doing things that a different.
Keep up the 3D Challenges,
Great Fun

Stampin Gerri

instcollector 01-19-2006 08:35 PM

I thought the 3-D triangle card was so cute and different that I just had to try it out.....well, I completed the card today and will post it tomorrow. I have never posted anything....this will be my first card to post. You all will laugh at me because I had difficulty in understanding the instructions and just when I was about to give up......I turned the triangles unside down and there it was.....guess I had read the instructions backwards or something....LOL ! At any rate, I am excited about the card and appreciate the "nudge" to try it. It will become one of "my favorites" for special occasions!! Thanks again for the challenge!

showmestamper 01-20-2006 05:57 AM

do you girls need some help with the upload process? Let me know if you do!

So glad you gave it a go! :)