Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   The 3 Backgrounds I ordered! What did you order? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/3-backgrounds-i-ordered-what-did-you-order-137715/)

Ksullivan 04-15-2006 08:04 PM

The 3 Backgrounds I ordered! What did you order?

Today my group met and I placed my order for 3 backgrounds, taking advantage of the special, I got Linen, By Definition, and Houndstooth!

But the best thing is I finally talked my Demo out of her Irish Blessing Background (retired)! And only for $8! Yippie! I think that is going to put me at 9 Backgrounds and I didn't even start collecting them until some time after the new year!

K

jailbirdstamper 04-15-2006 08:19 PM

;) you are obsessed - look in the phone book asap for BG addiction anonymous!

congrats on the great score with the Irish blessing set - I love that one and wish I had it too!

trefoil 04-15-2006 08:34 PM

For my three backgrounds, I ordered linen, dots and daisies, and floral.

For my next three backgrounds, I ordered print pattern, weathered, and soft swirls.

I was tempted by houndstooth, crosshatch, and french script, but stopped at the previous six because my wallet was not as tempted as I was. :oops:

CardFanatic 04-15-2006 08:37 PM

My group met last Saturday. I ordered Linen, Dots & Daisies, and Floral. That will take my BG collection up to a total of 12! :shock:

ajcmeyer 04-15-2006 08:43 PM

I am ordered Linen, Soft Swirls and Word by Word. I think I have all that I want out of this catty now. That puts my count to 11!

foodsgal 04-15-2006 08:49 PM

I ordered linen, floral, and cheesecloth.

Ksullivan 04-15-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
My group met last Saturday. I ordered Linen, Dots & Daisies, and Floral. That will take my BG collection up to a total of 12! :shock:

Jen you have to tell your Demo, who is my Demo's upline (as you know), that I got the Irish Blessing, Cause my Demo got it from her back when it had retired, I am so happy to have it!

K

CardFanatic 04-15-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksullivan
Jen you have to tell your Demo, who is my Demo's upline (as you know), that I got the Irish Blessing, Cause my Demo got it from her back when it had retired, I am so happy to have it!

K

I have a new demo this year. I don't remember Irish Blessings. It must have retired awhile ago.

kimber4m 04-15-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper

congrats on the great score with the Irish blessing set - I love that one and wish I had it too!

I am a BG junkie too so if you get the number let me know ;) Irish blessings is a great score. Have fun with it!

RiggersWife 04-15-2006 09:38 PM

I ordered Just jean the one in the new mini catalog , Cross hatch and the other one in the mini Catalog . I have not used any of them yet I guess may be I am waiting for a great idea.

kiraj 04-15-2006 09:42 PM

I ordered a Monogram F, Linen and Dots and Daisies.....

I'm getting married so the F will be fun for albums and stuff as it will be the first letter of my new name.

Ksullivan 04-15-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

I have a new demo this year. I don't remember Irish Blessings. It must have retired awhile ago.

Oh who are you with, now? There have been so many new demos. I think Irish Blessing retired, 3 maybe 4 years ago, not sure, but it is the Irish Blessing written in a style similar to French Script, so I was able to rationlize with that one in my hot little hands I won't need French Script!

K

Ksullivan 04-16-2006 05:28 AM

Quote:

Yes I am so addicted! It is hopeless! And so in love with my Irish Blessing Background

K

Ksullivan 04-16-2006 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trefoil
For my three backgrounds, I ordered linen, dots and daisies, and floral.

For my next three backgrounds, I ordered print pattern, weathered, and soft swirls.

I was tempted by houndstooth, crosshatch, and french script, but stopped at the previous six because my wallet was not as tempted as I was. :oops:

You are going to love Floral, I already have that one and it is so pretty! I alos have Print Pattern and it is great. I am so excited to be getting linen.

K

smitty2004 04-16-2006 05:33 AM

i ordered "J" "S" and houndstooth

jan

lynnewithane 04-16-2006 05:46 AM

I never saw the Irish Blessing one, but I'm sure I would have loved it if I had. My DH is part Irish, so I'm sure I would have bought it.
I ordered 9 with this promo, but I only had three prior to that. I really could have ordered another 2 (and found a third), but I thought I was really getting out of control.
I previously had:
Canvas
French Script
Swirls and Blossoms? which I bought from my demo when it retired

Now I ordered:
Linen
Dots and Daisies
By Definition
Crosshatch
Floral
Fine Lace
Houndstooth
Print Pattern
Holiday Print

I could have ordered
Cheesecloth and another I forget.

Most of my orders were inspired by ideas that I saw on here, and couldn't replicate without the right backgrounds.

I can't wait for them to come!

imataloss 04-16-2006 07:15 AM

I ordered Linnen, Canvas, Soft Swirls, Geometric, Print Pattern and French Script. I'm LOVING them all:)

scrappykat 04-16-2006 07:23 AM

Well, I've been going back and forth on which 3 to order (I have NONE right now!!), and have finally decided on Floral, French Script, and Print Pattern (wasn't really loving this last one, but all I've heard are great things about it, so...figured I "needed" it : )
Kati

cre8nart 04-16-2006 07:27 AM

After amassing quite the collection of HA and Judikins BGs over the years, I have now joined the SU bandwagon! After seeing all the fantastic things created and displayed here at SCS, I just couldn't resist. You girls are a corrupting influence! LOL!

Anyway, please meet the proud new owner of Linen, Canvas, Cheesecloth, French Script, Floral and Bamboo II. They came on Friday, just in time for the weekend, so needless to say, I've been very busy 'stampin' up' a storm ever since!

Also, having been made aware of the upcoming special, they're going to be joined by Houndstooth, Just Denim and Weathered, before the end of the month. My new demo got married yesterday, but luckily she'll be back from her honeymoon before the offer expires.

lynnewithane 04-16-2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cre8nart
After amassing quite the collection of HA and Judikins BGs over the years, I have now joined the SU bandwagon! After seeing all the fantastic things created and displayed here at SCS, I just couldn't resist. You girls are a corrupting influence! LOL!

Anyway, please meet the proud new owner of Linen, Canvas, Cheesecloth, French Script, Floral and Bamboo II. They came on Friday, just in time for the weekend, so needless to say, I've been very busy 'stampin' up' a storm ever since!

Also, having been made aware of the upcoming special, they're going to be joined by Houndstooth, Just Denim and Weathered, before the end of the month. My new demo got married yesterday, but luckily she'll be back from her honeymoon before the offer expires.

Yeh! Someone else who ordered (or will be ordering) as many as I did.

stigmom6 04-16-2006 07:58 AM

Fine Lace, Weathered and Linen for me . That brings my BG total to...16!

Hi, my name is Patti and I am a Backgroundaholic!

StampinHappyInCT 04-16-2006 08:08 AM

Irish Blessing background

There are two (2) Irish Blessing background stamps up for auction on eBay ... http://search.ebay.com/search/search...sing&category0=

Erin in Okc 04-16-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

The Irish Blessing stamp wasn't called Irish Blessing. It was just called Script. But it had the Irish Blessing written on it. I loved it!! I love French Script. I think it's beautiful. But I loved that I knew what Script said. I've always loved the Irish Blessing!! It's beautiful, and I really wish they would just bring it back with a somewhat different font or something.

Erin

afancycat 04-16-2006 09:43 AM

Let's see....I ordered French Script (can't believe I haven't already done that!!), Just Jeans (hope I'm not sorry!!) and Linen.

The order is actually being submitted Monday, so I should get it in about a week!! YEA!!

Julie C.

troopersma 04-16-2006 09:45 AM

I'm getting Linen, Dots and Daisies, and Weathered. My total SU backgrounds is a measly 5 including the ones I ordered. I do have 4 other backgrounds from other companies. I'd still love to get Crosshatch and Word by Word...but guess I'll have to wait.

Jane

Kittypaws 04-16-2006 10:22 AM

I'm ordering Linen, French Script & Cheesecloth. Can't wait to get them. Looks as though Linen is the winner here - I love the cards that have been made with it. I only hope mine turn out as well.

jent 04-16-2006 10:24 AM

I'm ordering Dots & Daisies, Linen, & Fine Lace. I currently have (13) BG stamps. My favs are Canvas, French Script, Weathered, Houndstooth. Liking Print Pattern more with each use.

The retired Script is nice to use for sympathy cards, I believe.

The two I haven't been impressed with are Just jeans, just seems blah to me and the floral hasn't proven to be very "user friendly". I think with practice I will begin to enjoy the Floral though!!!

Everybody enjoy their new BG's!!!!!!!!!!

Nedatn 04-16-2006 11:32 AM

I am a BG newbie and ordered Dots and Daisies, Linen and Print Pattern (thanks SCS for help deciding). Now I can't wait till they get here.

Annetta

JJStamper 04-16-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Was it called Script? I have one called Script and it has an Irish Blessing on it.

None of my customers will EVER talk me out of keeping it...;)

newtnewt 04-16-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJStamper
Was it called Script? I have one called Script and it has an Irish Blessing on it.

None of my customers will EVER talk me out of keeping it...;)

You are right about the name. I am still kicking myself for not getting it several years ago before it retired.

corvette85lady 04-16-2006 12:10 PM

I only have the paisley bg stamp from another company. ( I do love it though) My wallet will only let me get 3 stamps so I think I have decided on Linen, Print Pattern, and Fine Lace.

Rox71 04-16-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

She's not obsessed, I'M OBSESSED! I have twenty one and planning to get some more - of course! Three are Sonlight Empressions, the company that makes the new chicken wire (Heritage Farms). They are good quality like SU. I picked up those three for seventy five cents each at a resale! I may be obsessed but I'm also thrifty!

Now Jen70, I knew you'd cave in a get that Linen - it's very nice and you'll not be sorry. Totally different than Canvas in my opinion.

Joan B 04-16-2006 12:27 PM

I just ordered cheesecloth, dots and daiseys and word by word. It's all SCS's fault!!

cre8nart 04-16-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
Yeh! Someone else who ordered (or will be ordering) as many as I did.

:D Lynne, if only my budget would have allowed it, I'd probably would have gotten 6 more, but alas, I could only afford to eke out enough for three more. They're all so great, it's really difficult to choose, but at least I'll start with these first, and then probably pick up some of the others along the way.

Annie

Cat 04-16-2006 03:14 PM

I already have Paisley (bought it just before retirement), Print Pattern, Soft Swirls and Canvas. So, I ordered French Script and Dots & Daisies; a friend ordered Linen so we could get the 3 background deal.

I hope I'm not sorry I didn't get it for myself :)

Ksullivan 04-16-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin in Okc
The Irish Blessing stamp wasn't called Irish Blessing. It was just called Script. But it had the Irish Blessing written on it. I loved it!! I love French Script. I think it's beautiful. But I loved that I knew what Script said. I've always loved the Irish Blessing!! It's beautiful, and I really wish they would just bring it back with a somewhat different font or something.

Erin

Thanks Erin, that is right it was called Script, I always forget that. It is so Beautiful, I am in love, did I say that before I did! Oooh and if they did bring it back, but different, I would probably get the new one too!

K

Ksullivan 04-16-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

I checked my 3 years worth of catalogs and it wasn't in any of those, so it was retired a bit ago.

K

Kathyc 04-16-2006 04:16 PM

I ordered Linen, Dots & Daisies and Word by Word; they should be here Tuesday or Wednesday; I can't wait! I bought Script used from my demo too; I love it! I think my total is either 8 or 9; not toooo bad!

Ksullivan 04-16-2006 04:18 PM

Can you guys believe my Demo looked at my order form and said why are you getting Linen? You all ready have Canvas. And then my whole swap group was like yeah , why? Obviously they don't hang out here! I told them it was totally different, similar but differnt and I had plans for it. Also with Houndstooth, no one liked it, I was kind of tossing between houndstooth and Soft Swirls, but I have been drawn to Houndstooth since I started getting background. So finally I said fine guys I am going to get Houndstooth and show you guys it is great, cause I have seen fabulous stuff on here with it. I am very happy with my choices!

And let me say again, so happy about Script!

K

Rox71 04-16-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksullivan
I checked my 3 years worth of catalogs and it wasn't in any of those, so it was retired a bit ago.

K

I have catalogs dating back to 98-99. Script showed up in 99-00 and was there until 02-03. French Script came out the 03-04.
So there's your answer!