Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   2 Feet and more to come - stamp away!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/2-feet-more-come-stamp-away-25443/)

hamcnally 01-23-2005 03:30 AM

2 Feet and more to come - stamp away!!

I live just South of Boston, MA - and we already have about 2 feet of snow!! The snow is expected to accumulate until around 6pm (it is only 7:30am now :shock: ). YIKES!! Well - looks like the perfect time to make those baby shower invitations for my cousin's shower!! Is there anything more fun than stamping for a whole day?!?! :D

rachelbenj 01-23-2005 03:51 AM

Good Morning. Wow! That is a lot of snow. I am in western Michigan, and we got 12.1 inches of snow yesterday. Yes, I plan on doing some major stamping today. I don't think that I am going to church today because we can't get out of our driveway (plows haven't made it down our street yet--we are always the last to be touched). Happy Stamping!!

Edie32 01-23-2005 04:34 AM

We're getting hammered here in RI, too.

I can't measure the snow at this point because of all the blowing snow.
It started snowing yesterday at 1pm and hasn't stopped.

We don't have 2 feet but I'm sure we have about a foot and over 9 hours to go before the blizzard warning is not in effect.

I'm happy to just stay holed up in the house. I just hope we don't loose power - I NEED to see Desperate Housewives tonight!!

Stay warm!

troublesmom 01-23-2005 04:51 AM

We are lucky here in south central Virginia. We had sleet last night, not much accumulation. Today the sun is out but it is super cold and windy on top. It is about 17 degrees here, don't know what it is with the wind chill.

I'm working on my scrapbook now. That will keep me busy until next winter. :lol:

mamakimberly 01-23-2005 05:00 AM

Y'all are making me jealous!

We have a bit of cold weather here (it will only get to the mid-50's today) but definitely no snow!

I always thought snow was a pain, but in stamping terms, hmm..

This has potential :)

moprica 01-23-2005 05:17 AM

Yeah...it's daunting out there. I'm in MA too! Yipee, I love the snow! Time to break out my stamps. Oooh, I wish my starter kit was here. :)

KateStamps 01-23-2005 05:33 AM

We only got 3.5 inches here in Northern Va., but the current windchill is -8 and we're under a high-wind warning. I'm gonna stay home, try to finish cleaning/organizing the craft area and watch football! With luck, I'll get enough done that I can finish cutting my stamp sets I got for christmas while I watch the Steelers game this evening.

An idea for the crafty moms out there...we just had an indoor snowball fight with 2" pompoms. Easy clean-up, my 18 month old could play and we didn't freeze!

Kate

AndyJoe 01-23-2005 05:34 AM

I wish I could stamp all day, but we have some relatives here due to the storm and the possibiliy of power outage, we have a generator. I live right near Rayham and we are both in the worst of the storm area. We will probably get about 30" or more. We cannot even see out the windows, the snow is tightly packed on the screens and the wind is unbelievable, 50 to 60 mph. We are praying our electric does not go out. I hope you all have a great day stamping and I will be envious of you all today.

lisareggie 01-23-2005 05:47 AM

Here in WI we only got about 10-12 in. of snow (ha! only!), it's cold and windy and for a change I don't have to work this Sunday! I'm glad that you have a generator Andy--and you were the reason I said we only have 12 inches of snow---maybe you could get your guests to stamp while you wait out the storm! I'm just visiting SPCS to get ideas for my stamp-a-stack next Sunday! I'm doing a Valentine one and so far have a couple of ideas, we're going to do 10 valentines total and I want them to be easy, yet gorgeous! Wish me luck! And hang in there Andy!

Lisa :wink:

grazina 01-23-2005 06:04 AM

It's still coming down in RI and has been officially declared a blizzard. The governor also declared a state of emergency for tomorrow, so I don't have to go to work! Two days of uninterrupted stamping and, if the power stays on, watching the Patriots!

troublesmom 01-23-2005 06:19 AM

Andy and all of you up where it is dangerous due to weather conditions we hope you are able to stay safe, keep warm and keep your power.

AndyJoe 01-23-2005 06:28 AM

Thank you so much for your posts of encouragement. All we can do is make the best of it and enjoy being with our families, play games, watch movies together, maybe even make a cake and celebrate that tomorrow there will probably no school or work. And of course pray that no one will be injured due to the storm. All those poor people that have to work to clear the roads, electric crews, nurses and doctors and paramedics. They need our prayers to stay safe while they try to do their job.
I may even get to stamp yet!

hamcnally 01-23-2005 06:35 AM

We have lost power twice so far. It just came back on about 15 minutes ago (thank GOD!!). That last time was for 3 hours - it got kind of cold in the house - warming up now. At least we have a fireplace. Fortunately my parents live about 2 miles away - and they have a generator if worse comes to worse. Started cutting the CS for the shower invitations - fun stuff!! My dog LOVES the snow. She is an English Mastiff - and although she is ENORMOUS (8 mos. old and weighs 100 lbs.), she is not even as tall as some of the snow drifts - so she jumps in and is buried - quite a funny sight!!

Making some hot chocolate now - YUM! The house is warming up again - woo-hoo!! Hoping my DH won't have to work tomorrow! :)