Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   1st SU order (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/1st-su-order-483821/)

uscgirl 03-13-2010 02:24 PM

1st SU order

hi everyone
today was the 1st time i ordered with SU how long does it take till i receive my item with regular shipping:)

bettyjoanes 03-13-2010 02:29 PM

I'm in Canada , took me about 10 days, think US is about a week.

CAmomof2 03-13-2010 02:44 PM

I'm in Southern California and orders take about 4 business days, on average. Having said that, it is based on when the order is "submitted" to the company. If your demo ordered it for you you might want to verify that she has submitted your order.

Have fun!

GreenDragonLady 03-13-2010 04:31 PM

Congrats! Have fun with your goodies when you get them!

uscgirl 03-13-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2 (Post 16315542)
I'm in Southern California and orders take about 4 business days, on average. Having said that, it is based on when the order is "submitted" to the company. If your demo ordered it for you you might want to verify that she has submitted your order.

Have fun!

where in socal do you live? if you dont mind me asking

cajuncutie 03-14-2010 04:46 AM

If you ordered on line it is a lot faster than ordering through a demo. At least that is my perception. My demo took almost 3 weeks to get an order to me and ordering directly took 7 to 10 days.

mrs_hawkins 03-14-2010 04:59 AM

Your demo should be able to give you a tracking number for it so you can stalk Mr. Brown!! Have fun with your new goodies!!!

pjw2855 03-14-2010 06:02 AM

When I order via my Consultant, it takes at least 2 weeks from the day she places the order till she gets it. Then I have to arrange to pick it up from her. It's her policy to have orders delivered to her instead of the person whose order it really is. She feels it better customer service to keep the contact with her customers. Yes, I trust she is placing the order when she tells me she is.

The 2 times I insisted the order be sent directly to me it still took just over 2 weeks. Stampin' Up doesn't send me the tracking number, the Consultant gets it. She in turn can choose to pass it along to the customer or not. From what she tells me, she doesn't even get the notice that the order has shipped for a week after she places the order.

I live in the Southern part of NJ.

To some people the time lapse from placing the order till getting it is not a big deal. To me it is. If I want what I have ordered, I'm not interested in waiting more than 5 business days max.

Since I can get comparable products at local chain stores, the order/shipping time causes me to purchase local instead. Yes, I'm fortunate to have access to 3 Michaels and AC Moore stores within driving distance of me.

Patti

jackie1 03-14-2010 06:20 AM

From the time I place my order with my demo till it is on my doorstep is usually 10 days. I live in Canada so it takes a day or two to get through customs. My demo sends me the tracking number within a day of me placing my order so that I can see where it is. It is always nerve wracking waiting for your order, but once you get it you forget about the wait and have fun playing with all your new toys.

jent 03-14-2010 07:45 AM

It takes 7-10 days for me to receive my SU orders. Most of the time my orders are "club" orders so they go to our demo first and she ships our goodies to us. Mind you she is in a neighboring state even so, I usually have almost all my order within 7-8 days. I feel this is tremendous service on SU part and my sensational demo!

CAmomof2 03-14-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgirl (Post 16316662)
where in socal do you live? if you dont mind me asking

I am in Ventura County, Newbury Park to be exact.

I am a demo and an example of one of my orders is - ordered 11/30 (Monday) at 10 pm, shipped 12/2 and received 12/4 (Friday).

I think your location has a LOT to do with when you receive your orders.

Have fun, what did you get?

dawnmercedes 03-14-2010 11:12 AM

I agree with Christel. Your location does have a lot to do with when you receive orders. And of course, a demo might nit place the order the sa me day you give your order. So, plan on a week...and be surrpised if it comes early! (provided you are in the US.)

uscgirl 03-14-2010 12:34 PM

i got the small and large oval punch and the 1 3/8 circle with the sweet treat cups

jennik 03-14-2010 01:46 PM

Just for comparison, I placed an order on Saturday ( last week) at stamp camp and got my order on Thursday. And my demo had the order shipped directly to me. Most excellent!! so speedy!! way better than the longaberger order that I did at the end of February and it is still not here, although the demo says it's on it's way. Also shipped directly to me. Go figure.

jennik

CAmomof2 03-14-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgirl (Post 16318729)
i got the small and large oval punch and the 1 3/8 circle with the sweet treat cups

I am in love with punches lately, they add so much to a project without much work. I am actually altering a mailbox from the $1 Spot at Target this afternoon and am using some punches to cover the flag on the mailbox.

SCS is a fantastic source of inspiration, I am constantly inspired by what I see on here.

CAmomof2 03-14-2010 02:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2 (Post 16319160)
I am in love with punches lately, they add so much to a project without much work. I am actually altering a mailbox from the $1 Spot at Target this afternoon and am using some punches to cover the flag on the mailbox.

SCS is a fantastic source of inspiration, I am constantly inspired by what I see on here.

Here's what I was talking about...

Yapha 03-14-2010 04:55 PM

One of the best things about being in California is that we are only 2 days shipping from Stampin' Up! I placed an order on Wednesday, it shipped on Thursday, and it will arrive tomorrow (Monday).

uscgirl 03-14-2010 05:05 PM

did you order it from a demo in la?

Yapha 03-14-2010 05:17 PM

I am a demo in LA :) But I placed the order for a friend, also here in LA

Did you order online yourself, or place it through a demo? I put in another order on Friday, and it has not shipped yet. If it ships tomorrow it will arrive on Wednesday.

uscgirl 03-14-2010 05:29 PM

well i did do it with a demo but non around SD i got dawn griffith since i looked at all the demos near me and they really didnt do much, like show you what you can do with the stuff you buy, i saw that they never had any classes and well dawn post alot of great ideas!!
i just love her to bad she lives so far away :(

marya 03-14-2010 07:44 PM

SU Order

I'm in southeastern PA (outside of Philadelphia), I've place my order online w/ my demo, (I do get a tracking order, check your order history). It always takes exactly 2 weeks from when the order is submitted until when I receive it. I agree that your location in the US does play a big part in how fast your order is received. One time I had a huge order and used 2 day shipping and I did receive it in 2 days!! (because it was such a big order the regular shipping and 2 day shipping were very close in price) HTH!

Saucy1 03-14-2010 07:52 PM

I usually get my orders (in the Northeast) about one week after shipping. Shipping usually takes 1-2 days unless otherwise stated on the web site. You're demo can tell you when she ordered and what the lead time is. I am expecting and order on Tuesday. YEAH! Isn't it fun :)

Saucy1 03-14-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncutie (Post 16316997)
If you ordered on line it is a lot faster than ordering through a demo. At least that is my perception. My demo took almost 3 weeks to get an order to me and ordering directly took 7 to 10 days.

Three weeks is too long unless SU was way behind, but I've never seen more than 4-5 days to ship and about a week for shipping. Maybe she waiting to close a party before she placed your order? I would recommend going through a demo because you pay less than ordering directly.

SDiegoGal 03-14-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgirl (Post 16320694)
well i did do it with a demo but non around SD i got dawn griffith since i looked at all the demos near me and they really didnt do much, like show you what you can do with the stuff you buy, i saw that they never had any classes and well dawn post alot of great ideas!!
i just love her to bad she lives so far away :(

I'm a demo just south of you in PQ. My orders once they ship get here in two days (just like Yapha said). Most of SoCal gets their order within two days of shipping (not counting holidays and weekends).

row4d 03-14-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajuncutie (Post 16316997)

That's way too long if you live in the US! Before I became a demo myself, we always knew that our orders would arrive exactly 10 days after the date of the workshop -- first the mandatory 3-day "right to cancel" period, and then 7 days transit time for UPS to ship from Utah to Virginia after our demo (now my upline) entered the order.

Perhaps you can speak with your demo about the delays? I'm only assuming where you live from your username, but if you're in Louisiana you shouldn't have to wait more than a day or two longer than I do in north Texas, and here orders typically arrive within three days after they ship.

uscgirl 03-16-2010 12:32 PM

well i hope mine comes soon i got an email with the confirmation number yesterday. :)
SDiegoGal do you have any workshops? please let me know if you do ill love to go to one!!

Yapha 03-16-2010 12:49 PM

Check the tracking. If you got the email yesterday, you will probably get your package tomorrow!

uscgirl 03-16-2010 01:04 PM

i did it says it has no info on it :( but
maybe its not updated yet

kikikaren 03-16-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgirl (Post 16332820)
i did it says it has no info on it :( but
maybe its not updated yet

It often takes the UPS system 24 hours to update with a status after they receive information about a package. It should give you real tracking information tomorrow.